Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

By being relegated we will enter the Scottish cup in an earlier round meaning we have a better chance of drawing Drumchapel in the Scottish cup, which would mean seeing Andy Geggan again. :wub:

Screenshot_20220609-094218.jpg

We're getting Queen of the South at home.

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Be good to get a wee run in it. Need to go back to November 2017 for the last win in the competition, 4-1 over Queen's Park at Hampden. Grim record.

Last goal in the cup was the round after, a 1-2 loss to Morton in January 2018.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We're getting Queen of the South at home.

Last goal in the cup was the round after, a 1-2 loss to Morton in January 2018.

Please don't burst my bubble, I'm hoping one day that we will actually be able to look forward to the cup competitions, hasn't been good since taking Celtic to extra time.

Since we're on food chat,  I'm going to be in Dunfermline tonight. Any decent restaurants that don't need to be booked in advance that are worth checking out that also has decent parking?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since we're on food chat,  I'm going to be in Dunfermline tonight. Any decent restaurants that don't need to be booked in advance that are worth checking out that also has decent parking?

I would recommend Dhoom or Jack O Bryan's.

I would usually just park at the Tesco next to bus station if taking the car.

Dhoom on the New Row is outstanding.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Depends what your after. IMO the best place in the town is Apricot opposite the Tesco in the city centre (Indian - make sure you get the Lamb Choila starter) and Dhoom is also recommended if you like an Indian (FWIW, Dunfermline is well blessed with some excellent and more than decent Indian restaurants). Also opposite Tesco is Koko Shi (Japanese fusion) which is decent. Down Bruce Street (also opposite the Tesco but down the hill slightly) are Incontri which is a superb Italian (Pasta Carnegie is a go-to), Little Thailand which does Thai street food and 1703 which is a bit hit and miss for me but does Steak on hot stones if that's your thing. By the Glen Gates you have a sit in chippy (used to be Alari's but now under new management) and Jack O',Bryan's steakhouse. For old fashioned stuff there's also the City Hotel which has a large pay and display car park at their back door if you don't want to park at Tesco. Hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Whilst we discuss dunfermline eateries and the price of a bacon roll, Falkirk are signing league winners!1!1!!1 Exactly what's wrong with this club!1!1@

McGinn is an interesting one, undoubtedly a good signing but you wouldn't have say Hamilton and him in the same team? And I'd rather have Hamilton. 

Would have took Gary Oliver, just so he doesn't score against us. Other than that, really not fussed about those signings they're making if that's the team we've to beat this season.

Aye, there's probably not a fanbase that rates Gary Oliver higher than us, if we had signed him and Mackie though I'd be distinctly underwhelmed. 

McGinn is a good signing but I'd rather have Hamilton. 

None of those signings alarm me in the slightest, although I'd guess Falkirk fans would say the same about our business so far.

Falkirk are a title contender with McGlynn in charge though. They probably won't be an exciting team to watch but they'll win a lot of games.