Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Bit weird seeing Bene in a Pars top but I think he’ll be a solid signing in League 1.  Thought he’d join McGlynn at Falkirk but Pars obviously gave him a better package. 

Kenneth Williams Archive (@KENNETHWILLlAMS) / Twitter

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What did you lot make of Breen last season? I thought he looked a decent prospect when on loan at Partick but obviously as with most young centre backs had the odd clanger in him.

To be perfectly honest a year ago I was in here bumming up Ross Graham as a good signing having watched him for Cove and you lot hated him. 

I think there's a player in Breen, with a pre season not interrupted by Covid and some regular game time I think there's every chance he'd look v decent for us. 

Ross Graham was fucking shite for us, he's done v well at United though. 

I think there's a player in Breen, with a pre season not interrupted by Covid and some regular game time I think there's every chance he'd look v decent for us. 
Ross Graham was fucking shite for us, he's done v well at United though. 
Coaching at the club seemed off for me too.look at Wilson. Leaves us and is rehabilitated and playing at Greenock within a few weeks.

Graham looks a player before and after being at us and was pish with us. The common denominator is us and our coaching team.

Hopefully Shields is moved to the Academy and the first team staff is all new under McPake.

3 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Coaching at the club seemed off for me too.look at Wilson. Leaves us and is rehabilitated and playing at Greenock within a few weeks.

Graham looks a player before and after being at us and was pish with us. The common denominator is us and our coaching team.

Hopefully Shields is moved to the Academy and the first team staff is all new under McPake.

Yep, I've said it elsewhere but I'd actually like a management and coaching team that could get the best out of players. 

Look at Inverness, how often do they sign players that has everyone else thinking "shite" only for them to play class? Chalmers was meant to be decent there! While McPake will, and should bring in his own players there's a few players within our team who have previously played well elsewhere, and turned to shite once they get here, he has to work with the likes of Breen, Todorov/Wighton, Chalmers, Dorrans and get them playing to an acceptable level. 

2 minutes ago, Heaton said:

I believe that he has been asked to move to the academy and accepted the role. But we need first team coaches in the door before that can actually happen. Players are in for testing this Friday and pre-season starts next week. If we don’t have a coaching team sorted by then, he’ll still be required as a first team coach until we do.

Agree that coaching has been a major issue. Under Crawford, at least we saw some players improve/progress. Under Grant and Hughes, players only seemed to regress. Several players with ‘potential’ came in the door and just looked awful. McCann and Todd improved under Hughes, to be fair. Although, I hadn’t been particularly impressed with either before, so that just means that they actually looked like football players.

I guess my concern is that if Shields hasn’t been able to help younger players improve as a first team coach, why do we believe he’ll be a good fit for the academy? 

I guess my concern is that if Shields hasn’t been able to help younger players improve as a first team coach, why do we believe he’ll be a good fit for the academy? 

A bit of a leap but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to the egotistical managers in charge having the own ideas that weren't working but stuck to it

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

What did you lot make of Breen last season? I thought he looked a decent prospect when on loan at Partick but obviously as with most young centre backs had the odd clanger in him.

To be perfectly honest a year ago I was in here bumming up Ross Graham as a good signing having watched him for Cove and you lot hated him. 

We didn't see a lot of Breen. He joined late, had fitness issues and multiple covid issues. He was mostly an unused sub until nearer the end of the season where he came in for Donaldson whilst injured. He looks like he has the physicality needed at centre half but whether he has it or not I'm not sure. I think he'll cope better in league one with a competent defender like Benedictus who can talk him through the game.

Ross Graham situation is utterly bizarre. I'm certain most Dunfermline fans would have him on a worst 11 if asked, yet he goes on to have a blinder second half of the season and is nominated for YPOTY and gets a Scotland 21's call up. Obviously he was playing alongside better players but also playing against tougher opposition.

6 hours ago, 101 said:

The Q&A with the manager is just a new money spinning venture for the club, if they tried to ditch the supporters council they would need to change the supporters charter and constitution of the club. Besides the council meetings aren't organised by the club, merely at their gift of speakers and venue.

The charter is out of date really and was pretty much agreed with the old board etc rather than the Germans and still has reference to us being a fan owned club(I suppose technically on paper we are). I wrote the orginal one and was going to do an update on it a few months back but havn't bothered . The orginal one was voted through by the people in attendance at a supporters Council but since they are poorly attended in comparison to the wider support I don't think that's the right avenue to do it(I was also involved along with others setting up the SC and feel a bit downhearted by that too and have no idea if its the right format to get engagement with a large volume of people, it was criticised by people on social media as cliquey but we set it up in a way where anyone could come along and ask any question to the chairman without needing to be part of any group etc which was one or the orginal ideas for it). I'm sure David Cook might have his own ideas on what it looks like from other clubs? But I doubt it will he top of his list of priorities.

I'm a wee bit buzzing someone remembered it more than anything else so cheers for that.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_Athletic_Football_Club_Supporters_Charter_&ID=3651

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I think it's his experience in America that will help bring players on obviously his coaching experience didn't really have any pressure to it in the way that the first team does also I'd imagine he'd be working with a smaller group than the first time so can spend more time working 1-2-1 that said it's about time we saw players develop Peter Grant was pretty much the opposite of any development.

54 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

The charter is out of date really and was pretty much agreed with the old board etc rather than the Germans and still has reference to us being a fan owned club(I suppose technically on paper we are). I wrote the orginal one and was going to do an update on it a few months back but havn't bothered . The orginal one was voted through by the people in attendance at a supporters Council but since they are poorly attended in comparison to the wider support I don't think that's the right avenue to do it(I was also involved along with others setting up the SC and feel a bit downhearted by that too and have no idea if its the right format to get engagement with a large volume of people, it was criticised by people on social media as cliquey but we set it up in a way where anyone could come along and ask any question to the chairman without needing to be part of any group etc which was one or the orginal ideas for it). I'm sure David Cook might have his own ideas on what it looks like from other clubs? But I doubt it will he top of his list of priorities.

I'm a wee bit buzzing someone remembered it more than anything else so cheers for that.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_Athletic_Football_Club_Supporters_Charter_&ID=3651

I think it was positive that when the German investors came on board that they didn't want to scrap anything but yes perhaps it needs modernised that said I have always been a big fan of the supporters council however 3/4 meetings a year cannot be the be all and end all of engagement with supporters.

Would it be completely unrealistic for us to go after Lewis MacLeod following his year out to sort his knee, he played at a very decent level before his injury but not sure how many clubs would take a gamble on someone who has been out the game for a year.

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Would it be completely unrealistic for us to go after Lewis MacLeod following his year out to sort his knee, he played at a very decent level before his injury but not sure how many clubs would take a gamble on someone who has been out the game for a year.

Watched him for a bit when he was at Brentford, was a shame how he always seemed to be a game away from breaking down.

General question here regarding youth players.

Say we had some lads impressing at the academy and the manager either fancied giving them a shot or there was some sort of injury crisis where he needed a player or two; could they just be chucked in, or are there only certain periods (like transfer windows) where you can register a player? Will lads at the academy be registered players? Can they potentially be chucked in at any point? How does this work? 

The positives

Young people who are most likely going to be squeezed by the cost of living are being protected.

0% finance

Decreases across the board

The negatives

£20&£22 is far far to much to charge at this level, I'd have like to see us go for £15 a walk up ticket.

Hopefully we can get some games that are £5 to get in to bolster walk up attendances, I could see young people buying plenty season tickets if they have the cash as the savings are pretty staggering.

There are a few positives to be fair. Really good initiatives with the youngsters, they’re the guys we need to try and keep coming to games. Also looks like there are more benefits/initiatives for season ticket holders this year. Season tickets are also slightly cheaper (£6?) for adults, although I do think our pricing could come back to bite us with very poor attendances.

Can’t believe we’re keeping match day prices at £20. Can’t imagine anyone else in the league will be above £18? Concessions £14 for match tickets as well must be close to adult prices everywhere else!

The walk up prices are still a joke. I know there are overheads, but that is taking the piss out of away fans. Maybe it’s their thinking that they’ll stick with it given there will be barely any away fans in this league out-with the 4 games against Kelty and Falkirk, respectively.

Season tickets are very reasonable.