Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Had to make the shot on the angle as it would have taken all day for him to turn toward the goal…but he’ll do just fine at EEP next season. A two year deal seems interesting, not sure he’ll be up to starting in another season if you lot bounce right back.

Had to make the shot on the angle as it would have taken all day for him to turn toward the goal…but he’ll do just fine at EEP next season. A two year deal seems interesting, not sure he’ll be up to starting in another season if you lot bounce right back.
Be more than happy to cross that bridge if we come to it!

2 years is fine. I’m hoping we can win the league/get promoted within the next two seasons. I am not expecting anything this season coming tbh. Immediate bounce back, after a total restart from top to bottom, would be quite a brilliant achievement, in such a competitive league.

19 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Think fans will need to be realistic about an immediate bounce back to the championship. I’d prefer a stable return with a well gelled squad rather than straight back up with aging jobbers

Sorry but I'm not getting this logic at all. 

Realistically, we should be aiming for a bounce back? Any good signings we make this season will have non promotion clauses etc written in and will by gone next season if we're not promoted? Do you reckon we're going to sign a bunch of talented players haply to stick around here? 

How's it worked out for Falkirk taking there time to get that well gelled squad together? They must be like glue! 

Talk of this big turnaround is a nonsense, if AJ can take is from 7th to scooshing the league then we should absolutely be targeting going straight back up. 

Sorry but I'm not getting this logic at all. 
Realistically, we should be aiming for a bounce back? Any good signings we make this season will have non promotion clauses etc written in and will by gone next season if we're not promoted? Do you reckon we're going to sign a bunch of talented players haply to stick around here? 
How's it worked out for Falkirk taking there time to get that well gelled squad together? They must be like glue! 

Talk of this big turnaround is a nonsense, if AJ can take is from 7th to scooshing the league then we should absolutely be targeting going straight back up. 

Of course we should be aiming for a bounce back but I’m just being more conservative and looking at what’s happened with Falkirk. My point about the well gelled squad is more along the lines of getting a squad of decent youngish players rather than one or two high paid has beens

Just now, lochgellyPAR said:

Of course we should be aiming for a bounce back but I’m just being more conservative and looking at what’s happened with Falkirk. My point about the well gelled squad is more along the lines of getting a squad of decent youngish players rather than one or two high paid has beens

Decent youngish players like Hamilton won't stick around forever. 

And if they're decent, they'll get us promoted. 

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If previously free events are now £10-£15 then I shudder to think what the ticket prices will be next season.

The Q&A with the manager is just a new money spinning venture for the club, if they tried to ditch the supporters council they would need to change the supporters charter and constitution of the club. Besides the council meetings aren't organised by the club, merely at their gift of speakers and venue.

What did you lot make of Breen last season? I thought he looked a decent prospect when on loan at Partick but obviously as with most young centre backs had the odd clanger in him.

To be perfectly honest a year ago I was in here bumming up Ross Graham as a good signing having watched him for Cove and you lot hated him. 

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That's fantastic news

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

What did you lot make of Breen last season? I thought he looked a decent prospect when on loan at Partick but obviously as with most young centre backs had the odd clanger in him.

To be perfectly honest a year ago I was in here bumming up Ross Graham as a good signing having watched him for Cove and you lot hated him. 

I might be in the minority but I think Breen is utter dug meat. Poor positioning, lacking strength and just all round weak.