Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone else just get an email about the ‘Fixture Release Breakfast’… charging £15 for a breakfast roll and a cup of coffee. Or £10 for a season ticket holder, which is difficult when we aren’t able to buy a season ticket!

Q&A with the manager after. Not sure why they’ve decided to make this an event we pay for, or during the working day. When Hughes was appointed, we had a free supporters meeting in the evening. 

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Anyone else just get an email about the ‘Fixture Release Breakfast’… charging £15 for a breakfast roll and a cup of coffee. Or £10 for a season ticket holder, which is difficult when we aren’t able to buy a season ticket!

Q&A with the manager after. Not sure why they’ve decided to make this an event we pay for, or during the working day. When Hughes was appointed, we had a free supporters meeting in the evening

Was my first thought as well - wtf? Imagine paying £15 for a lukewarm bacon roll and to hear James McPake talk about how he likes to win?

I also love that they're offering ST holder "discounts" before they even put the STs on sale.

We've got a marketing expert as our new Chairman/CEO/Supreme Leader and yet the communication from the club is worse than ever.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was my first thought as well - wtf? Imagine paying £15 for a lukewarm bacon roll and to hear James McPake talk about how he likes to win?

I also love that they're offering ST holder "discounts" before they even put the STs on sale.

We've got a marketing expert as our new Chairman/CEO/Supreme Leader and yet the communication from the club is worse than ever.

I’m all for fan engagement and it’s good we’re trying to do something. But £15 is crazy for what’s on offer (even the £10 is very overpriced) and the season ticket discount is just so bizarre. The event in question is in under 11 days and tickets are on sale now. Surely we can’t be advertising something/selling tickets for events with season ticket discount before fans can buy season tickets?

Happy enough with Benedictus. Experienced and he’s an actual leader, something our squad was really missing last season. Decent partner beside him and we’ll be ok at the back.

Was surprised to see that he’s only 30 by the way. I thought he was 32/33.

Should be handy in this league. Experienced at Championship level so you’d reckon he will handle this easily. Not saying anything else as I said similar about some players last season and that went…er…tits up!

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Bit weird seeing Bene in a Pars top but I think he’ll be a solid signing in League 1.  Thought he’d join McGlynn at Falkirk but Pars obviously gave him a better package. 

I think it's more to do with Falkirk being well covered in that position. Sure one of their fans posted that they have at least 4 centre backs signed up for next season.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I think it's more to do with Falkirk being well covered in that position. Sure one of their fans posted that they have at least 4 centre backs signed up for next season.

One of them is Brad McKay though.