Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He’ll be fine at this level. While he is liable to the odd mistake, he’ll get away with a lot more of them down here. Good signing for you.

Edited by Enigma

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Patched Falkirk for the big team. Liking Benedictus already.

Given we already have Donaldson, Henderson, Watson, and McKay(shudder) as centre back options, not so sure he was a priority. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Given we already have Donaldson, Henderson, Watson, and McKay(shudder) as centre back options, not so sure he was a priority. 

He needs to play for us first before you can sign him anyway. Those are the rules.

The second instalment of “Rovers fans provide astonishing insight into Pars’ new arrivals” has been terrific. 

Part 1: The boulder-brained relegation magnet of a manager may not be a great appointment

Part 2: Third tier centre back may not be as good as peak Baresi

Part 3? 

9 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

The second instalment of “Rovers fans provide astonishing insight into Pars’ new arrivals” has been terrific. 

Part 1: The boulder-brained relegation magnet of a manager may not be a great appointment

Part 2: Third tier centre back may not be as good as peak Baresi

Part 3? 

Part 1 surely has to be Rovers fans telling us that Nisbet wouldn’t be good enough for us/the championship, when we signed him? May not have been a majority, but there was a decent amount on here that tried to claim he wasn’t very good and would struggle.

I've been away in Ireland for a week visiting family. Was fully expecting to find out about all our new signings and season ticket details in my week off but there's been absolutely nothing from the club apart from confirming their bast*rding jubilee opening hours. Ridiculous, one week into June and not even a sniff of our ST details.

No details about ST’s, new kits, coaching staff, assistant manager, what’s the script with those under contract etc etc.

Is it any wonder no-one can be arsed with this club.

31 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

No details about ST’s, new kits, coaching staff, assistant manager, what’s the script with those under contract etc etc.

Is it any wonder no-one can be arsed with this club.

I’m actually slowly losing interest. The new CEO is supposed to be good at the commercial/marketing side of things. Said we would announce season tickets soon, then the next announcement, 9 days later, was to say that the shop would be closed. I didn’t realise it was even open, since they have nothing to sell right now.

We seem to be so far behind everyone else in terms of fan engagement/communication and it’s getting worse all the time. Even the PR/marketing side of things is horrendous. There’s nothing at all at the club that anyone can be ‘proud’ of. I genuinely think all aspects of the club are really poor right now and needs massive change/improvement.

The training ground thing seems to have gone quiet. When it was announced, they were hoping this would be ready for pre-season. But the radio silence on that front suggests that’s not going to happen. This was meant to be such a big thing, why are fans not being kept up to date on this? I’m sure we’d all be quite interested in seeing/reading about the plans and the benefits that this will bring, as well as a timeline of when we should be in/progress updates. 

40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’m actually slowly losing interest. The new CEO is supposed to be good at the commercial/marketing side of things. Said we would announce season tickets soon, then the next announcement, 9 days later, was to say that the shop would be closed. I didn’t realise it was even open, since they have nothing to sell right now.

We seem to be so far behind everyone else in terms of fan engagement/communication and it’s getting worse all the time. Even the PR/marketing side of things is horrendous. There’s nothing at all at the club that anyone can be ‘proud’ of. I genuinely think all aspects of the club are really poor right now and needs massive change/improvement.

The training ground thing seems to have gone quiet. When it was announced, they were hoping this would be ready for pre-season. But the radio silence on that front suggests that’s not going to happen. This was meant to be such a big thing, why are fans not being kept up to date on this? I’m sure we’d all be quite interested in seeing/reading about the plans and the benefits that this will bring, as well as a timeline of when we should be in/progress updates. 

Exactly. No new shirts or season tickets available so what exactly will our support be heading in to purchase at this time of year. Well aware that the shirts aren't usually available until July but we've done a pre-order for the last few seasons. It's all first world problems but very frustrating. Even if we had the ST's on sale, our coaching staff in I'd still be a little concerned about the lack of signings, however now it all looks very strange.

I'd guarantee Benedictus signed last week when it was announced by the papers but we've not announced it yet. What the club are waiting for I'm not so sure. If they go on to announce a couple of good players, whilst they themselves are promoting the new ST info then that will go down soundly, are they waiting for a "marquee" signing? Can't really wait much longer. If we're running to the same schedule as other clubs we'll be due back in later next week.

Best case scenario is an announcement of some new players and a new assistant manager (Dave Mackay? Seems to be mentioned in the Dundee thread) wearing the new kit at the training ground while holding massive novelty cheque sized season ticket cards. 

What we'll probably get is not a lot.

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Best case scenario is an announcement of some new players and a new assistant manager (Dave Mackay? Seems to be mentioned in the Dundee thread) wearing the new kit at the training ground while holding massive novelty cheque sized season ticket cards. 

What we'll probably get is not a lot.

Now that I've seen your vision it's all I want.

Problem is we are a full time and seemingly under achieving club, yet are reliant on fan volunteers for a lot of what goes on at the club. I get to employ people properly costs money but the resulting outcome is amateur, and not even good amateur output from the club when it comes to this stuff.

Like many I hoped the new CEO's background would see this improve and I hope its just a case of time...

1 minute ago, Heaton said:

Problem is we are a full time and seemingly under achieving club, yet are reliant on fan volunteers for a lot of what goes on at the club. I get to employ people properly costs money but the resulting outcome is amateur, and not even good amateur output from the club when it comes to this stuff.

Like many I hoped the new CEO's background would see this improve and I hope its just a case of time...

tbf to McPake he said his coaching setup could take a while and we knew the office is shut until tomorrow so hopefully there’s a good amount of news to cram in later this week.