Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think we already have good options for this level up front and at full-back. Outwith that, we are totally barren. Trying to attract players to us in a competitive league is really going to be a challenge. The amount of money we'll have wasted the past year will make sure of that. 
Uninspiring, but solid signings would be welcome, like Benedictus. Added with one or two real quality players. That will be the best we can hope for.
Signings like Foster would be utterly shite. He is completely done and we already have Comrie, Todd, and MacDonald there. 
Rumours flying about we are signing Colin Hamilton. That would be a great signing, but I would really doubt it given the season he has just had at Arbroath. Him and Benedictus at centre half should be more than good enough at this level. 

You’ll mean Chris, and he isn’t a centre back. Might’ve started there at Hearts but he’s way too small to play there. Best position is holding midfield, immense at winning the ball back but limited with the ball at his feet. I’ve seen his Dad’s Twitter account and he’s very clearly a Pars fan so a good chance he is too.

You’ll mean Chris, and he isn’t a centre back. Might’ve started there at Hearts but he’s way too small to play there. Best position is holding midfield, immense at winning the ball back but limited with the ball at his feet. I’ve seen his Dad’s Twitter account and he’s very clearly a Pars fan so a good chance he is too.
Aye had clocked that last season as well.

38 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Glasgow would be more convenient for him. 

Rather have Broadfoot for a year than Benedictus. 

Queens train in Hamilton though.  Plus, you'd imagine the opportunity to play regularly on our wonderful state-of-the-art plastic magic carpet would trump any higher wages offered by the Pars ... amarite?

7 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Here's a pub quiz question for ya...

Can you name one team in Scottish football that Jim Hamilton hasn't played for....

I'll have to hurry you. 

Third Lanark 

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Any chance of us putting season tickets on sale?

It’s very strange that nothing’s been announced about this yet. Normally on sale early/mid-May, with early bird ending around now. Usually accompanied with a message about how crucial it is to buy early, since we have no other source of income in May and June… 

The new CEO’s background is in the commercial aspect of football. I can’t understand why he’s let this drag on for so long, without any update on season tickets. It’s almost as if the club have just forgotten about them. Cook suggested in that interview last week that we would hear this week, but with the club announcing that their offices are now closed until Tuesday, that must be unlikely.

On Saturday, it will be 4 weeks since our season ended and, so far, we have brought in a new manager, but no coaching team. I was told last week that Shields has accepted a move to the academy, so I’m surprised that there’s been no news on the coaching side. We’ve released everyone who was out of contract, no offers made to anyone. We seem to have forgotten about season tickets and are behind where we usually are with regards to new kit/leisurewear being released. Again, this is usually described as a crucial revenue stream at this time of year.

McPake said the coaching stuff may take some time. I’d guess the Kelty Hearts job/Charlie Adam is a factor. Who knows, we might have a couple of signings to show next week which could help a season ticket launch. 

12 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

McPake said the coaching stuff may take some time. I’d guess the Kelty Hearts job/Charlie Adam is a factor. Who knows, we might have a couple of signings to show next week which could help a season ticket launch. 

I highly doubt you'll be signing Adam. McPake refused to sign his best mate Dorrans again because it was a case of one or the other. Adam was also on £3.5k per week with us - if we could've got him on a cut price deal we'd have certainly have kept him on. He's back in Blackpool just now in any case.

Only way he'll go to a Scottish club again is if it includes the manager job IMO.

Could be wrong, but certainly can't see it being remotely feasible.