Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Nah, you just need to ask Falkirk how it is signing players who look gubbins in the Championship but "would stroll" league one. They're usually just not very good. 

Would agree with you on this - particularly in this instance. Dropping a level isn't going to make Benedictus' issues less apparent. It's not a lack of ability, per se - it's that he drops total clangers with alarming regularity. 

That isn't going to go away because the quality of forwards in league 1 is a bit less. It's consistency and concentration that generally does for him. 

Others will have pointed out that he can stroll through a game like a colossus for 60 minutes and then just completely shit the bed, whether it's getting utterly lost under a simple high ball, or steaming into a pointless red card challenge.

I'm not having a nightmare here at all. Is the Dundee fan also having a nightmare? He stated McPake is at least 80% to blame. Once again, 5 wins in 26 league games was McPake's record. In what way does that mean he bears no responsibility for Dundee's relegation? McGhee had the opportunity to turn it around so must also take some of the blame, but he had no opportunity to make signings and was taking over a team in desperately poor form who were only heading in one direction.

They won their last two games before he was sacked and weren't even bottom of the league at that point. They got substantially worse once McGhee arrived.

I was hoping Foster would go to Kelty, seeing as their thin skinned manager left I think he could easily be made to cry considering how well he took to his own fans in Ayr.

Regardless let's pass.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They won their last two games before he was sacked and weren't even bottom of the league at that point. They got substantially worse once McGhee arrived.

One of those was against Peterhead.

McGhee was in charge for 13 league games and amassed 8 points. In McPake's last 13 league games they amassed 12 points. Hardly a massive worsening, more like much of the same. McGhee was pish, and probably worse than McPake, but McPake was little better and, since he took charge for the majority of the season and signed all of the players, I believe he is mostly responsible, something the Dundee fans here agree with.

We all know this. What's your point again? Genuinely, if it's because you disagree with the choice of manager I dont think many people will grumble too much. He's hardly an inspiring choice on the face of it. He's hardly the worst either (we've had them both!)

However, he's barely in the door and as always, should be judged on results. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Kerr McInroy not going back to Ayr. 

I'd absolutely take him back here... 

I’d imagine he’ll end up at Queens Park or something. Won’t be turning down championship football at Ayr, for league one football here.

I think most of our signings will look uninspiring this year, we're not an attractive option at all. 

Which is fine as long as the team and squad is balanced and works well as a unit. I'd rather sign average players who's sum is a winning team than a few big names that amount to f**k all.

He's better than League 1, for sure. 
We're really not going to be attracting the same caliber as back in 2015 btw. This will be a brutal slog. 
Long as its better.calibre than 2021 [emoji23][emoji23]

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think most of our signings will look uninspiring this year, we're not an attractive option at all. 

Which is fine as long as the team and squad is balanced and works well as a unit. I'd rather sign average players who's sum is a winning team than a few big names that amount to f**k all.

Meh, I'd take uninspiring over shite. 

Foster would be shite. 

I think we already have good options for this level up front and at full-back. Outwith that, we are totally barren. Trying to attract players to us in a competitive league is really going to be a challenge. The amount of money we'll have wasted the past year will make sure of that. 

Uninspiring, but solid signings would be welcome, like Benedictus. Added with one or two real quality players. That will be the best we can hope for.

Signings like Foster would be utterly shite. He is completely done and we already have Comrie, Todd, and MacDonald there. 

Rumours flying about we are signing Colin Hamilton. That would be a great signing, but I would really doubt it given the season he has just had at Arbroath. Him and Benedictus at centre half should be more than good enough at this level. 

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Rumours flying about we are signing Colin Hamilton. That would be a great signing, but I would really doubt it given the season he has just had at Arbroath. Him and Benedictus at centre half should be more than good enough at this level. 

Is it not Chris Hamilton we’ve been linked with? Midfielder released by Hearts, was on loan at Arbroath last season.