Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

So fucking what. He also got them promoted from the Championship which is a good achievement. Its being ignored I see though. 

You've made your point that he was somewhat responsible for Dundee relegation from the top flight. Fine. 

An oddly aggressive response. It's like you, and some others, are taking it very personally that I said McPake is responsible for relegating Dundee. What's the issue? Fine if folk disagree but why be so apparently annoyed by it?

See my original post which started the debate. All I said was that I hope we don't regret appointing a manager who has just relegated a club, ala Grant. I also said I hope he does well, which is being ignored. What about this are folk losing their shit over? A poster has even put me on ignore over it for some reason.

35 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I agree with Baracus FWIW. All of the blame goes on McPake. IMO.

I know a couple of Dundee fans at work and they feel similar.

No thanks to Foster if that's true. Doesn't he mainly play right back? We're well covered there, unless someone is leaving.

Moyo would be decent for League 1. Benedictus would probably be alright too.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

In what way does that mean he bears no responsibility for Dundee's relegation? 

Don't think anyone's said that though? You said McPake relegated Dundee. Folk said that actually McGhee relegated Dundee. As far as I've seen, nobody has said that McPake bears no responsibility for their ultimate position or that he would have definitely kept them up. The fact that he might have, no matter how unlikely that was and that he wasn't there when Dundee were confirmed as finishing 12th means he didn't technically relegate them. Don't think that's too controversial a statement. Did Steven Gerrard get Rangers to the Europa League final? After all, it was he who got them into Europe in the first place and who built most of the squad...

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

An oddly aggressive response. It's like you, and some others, are taking it very personally that I said McPake is responsible for relegating Dundee. What's the issue? Fine if folk disagree but why be so apparently annoyed by it?

See my original post which started the debate. All I said was that I hope we don't regret appointing a manager who has just relegated a club, ala Grant. I also said I hope he does well, which is being ignored. What about this are folk losing their shit over? A poster has even put me on ignore over it for some reason.

I know a couple of Dundee fans at work and they feel similar.

Needing some distraction from work but also I don't agree that he relegated Dundee as if he single handedly did that. Hyperbole all over the shop today. 

I'm also close to putting you on ignore, c**t. 

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't think anyone's said that though? You said McPake relegated Dundee. Folk said that actually McGhee relegated Dundee. As far as I've seen, nobody has said that McPake bears no responsibility for their ultimate position or that he would have definitely kept them up. The fact that he might have, no matter how unlikely that was and that he wasn't there when Dundee were confirmed as finishing 12th means he didn't technically relegate them. Don't think that's too controversial a statement. Did Steven Gerrard get Rangers to the Europa League final? After all, it was he who got them into Europe in the first place and who built most of the squad...

McGhee definitely deserves some blame as well, but, like the Dundee fans who have posted (and who saw all of their games) said, McPake is mostly to blame. McPake signed the squad and saw to their poor points total and form up until he left. McGhee was rank too but he couldn't make any signings. He had a similar win rate in the number of games he oversaw as McPake did in the same number of games previously.

Peter Grant didn't technically relegate us last season but he must take some of the blame, especially since he signed so many rank players. 

Gerrard certainly deserves credit for getting Sevco there but didn't get them to the final. That's a bit different though as it's a knockout format after the group.

I don't see what I've posted as being unreasonable, yet somehow it's been enough to have been deemed 'a total nightmare' and for a poster to put me on ignore. Some Dundee fans, who have a far better perspective on it than me or other Pars fans, have said they agree with what I said. Are they being unreasonable? Have they had 'a total nightmare'?

Also, I'll reiterate that I hope McPake does well.

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Needing some distraction from work but also I don't agree that he relegated Dundee as if he single handedly did that. Hyperbole all over the shop today. 

I'm also close to putting you on ignore, c**t. 

I never said he single handedly relegated them.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

So Benedictus has a choice between Us, You and Falkirk, all I know is Murray has been talking to Bene about what he plans to do next stay or go, I wouldn’t be against him leaving became a liability the last few season, but also wouldn’t mind him staying as were short on the CHs.

obviously there’s link between him and McPake I’m sure they played together at Dundee but need to wait and see what’s happens 

I don’t see us signing Benedictus at the moment we have Henderson and Donaldson signed up with Brad McKay still at the the club and Watson coming back from injury I can only see us going for a younger back up on loan.

I absolutely do not want Foster at the club. He’s finished, had a stinker last season from what I saw.

He seems like a right fanny too.

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Heard Moyo, Richard Foster and Benedictus are signings we're keen to make.

Christ no thank you. 

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Benedictus more than good enough as a centre-half at our level. He'd be a good signing IMO. 

Is he though? Seemed shite at Raith for large parts tbh. 

Benedictus would be absolutely fine in League One for the next year. He's on the borderline as a top half Championship player, hence the discussion around him potentially leaving the Rovers, but he's by no means being bombed out. 

I suspect he will stay at the Rovers, but if he doesn't, he'd be a perfectly good pick for anyone planning on winning League One. 

6 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Benedictus would be absolutely fine in League One for the next year. He's on the borderline as a top half Championship player, hence the discussion around him potentially leaving the Rovers, but he's by no means being bombed out. 

I suspect he will stay at the Rovers, but if he doesn't, he'd be a perfectly good pick for anyone planning on winning League One. 

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He was a shadow of his former self for a large part of last season but came good again towards the end. In a league above yours. He'd be like Franz Beckenauer for you in L1.

He’s almost certainly headed for League One in my opinion. He looked out of his depth a bit too often in the Championship until after Christmas, when he seemed to revive. No problem in League One, but he’ll want a starting role, which Is why I suspect he’ll be leaving Raith.

7 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He was a shadow of his former self for a large part of last season but came good again towards the end. In a league above yours. He'd be like Franz Beckenauer for you in L1.

Nah, you just need to ask Falkirk how it is signing players who look gubbins in the Championship but "would stroll" league one. They're usually just not very good.