Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What are folk expecting here? Full page obituary type articles for each player leaving? What is the issue with saying a load of players have been released? What is it other clubs do exactly?.

Was anyone asking for "full page obituary type articles"? Or did you just have to exaggerate as per usual?

Just give it a rest aye?

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was anyone asking for "full page obituary type articles"? Or did you just have to exaggerate as per usual?

Just give it a rest aye?

I was asking what folk were expecting. I'll be taking zero lessons from you, so pipe down yourself. Use the ignore function if you don't like what a poster has to say.

11 hours ago, smpar said:

Mehmet

Comrie**
MacDonald*
Breen*
Edwards**
Todd**

Chalmers
Dorrans*
Allan*

O’Hara**
Wighton**
McCann**
Todorov**

** players I’d be happy with regularly starting

* players who are acceptable squad players for league one

Going by that. We’re needing a goalkeeper, at least 2 competent centre-halves, at least 3 central midfielders and at least 2 wingers, before I’d say we have an acceptable squad. Obviously having all 4 strikers regularly starting isn’t quite possible/logical so we’ll see how McPake deals with that.

Dorrans might be okay for League One and Allan still needs to prove himself at senior level IMO. The most important signings we’ll make this summer will be the midfielders.

Of those who are signed up for next season, Mehmet and Chalmers are the only ones I seriously don’t want to see playing another minute for us. I’m not Dorrans’ biggest fan in the slightest, but he might do a job filling in every now and then.

12 players have just departed, so financially it shouldn’t be unreasonable to expect around 10 first team players coming in, including loans of course.

Already looking forward to an array of jobbers being queued up behind McPake in the middle of EEP, each jobber with one hand on the shoulder of the preceding jobber, a la Lee Clark/Kilmarnock 2016.

Miller Fenton is also available at LB although you would think if he's going to develop at all this is the season to get him out on loan

In terms of bringing folk in I'd be battering St Johnstone's door down to get the wee Ukrainian boy who looked amazing at Brechin and decent and Kelty last season

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

For a player who's played at a decent level his entire career, how's he so bad?

Classic case of he’s got the ability just not the rest which means he cannot apply it in a match. Bet he’s good in training... 

He was good for two games in a row (the TV ones?) so he's absolutely got the ability. 
If he had the drive and determination of Pybus he'd be a hell of a footballer. 
Aye was good against Rovers as well. His performances in the run in though, wow. As a staunch Chalmers defender in the early days, I've done a complete 180.

We had about 3 games this season where our players looked like they had a simple job and did it well. Chalmers was exactly that kind of player. When we were on top against a weak midfield, he looks comfortable, in anything other than a 50/50 though he was always second best and offered very little.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

We had about 3 games this season where our players looked like they had a simple job and did it well. Chalmers was exactly that kind of player. When we were on top against a weak midfield, he looks comfortable, in anything other than a 50/50 though he was always second best and offered very little.

It’s such a basic thing but managers can over-think stuff. If you look at our team that romped the seaside league last time out it was such a basic premise. Big BRE (looking for a club BTW) would flatten folk and take the ball off them, play a simple pass to Falky or Geggan. They’d release Moff or Cardle to scamper upfield and Faiss would finish it. Use the long pitch, make it easy for the players. Half the time our players look pish (eg Dow) as they’ve been hung out to dry by a manager asking the wrong things of them. 

2 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

It’s such a basic thing but managers can over-think stuff. If you look at our team that romped the seaside league last time out it was such a basic premise. Big BRE (looking for a club BTW) would flatten folk and take the ball off them, play a simple pass to Falky or Geggan. They’d release Moff or Cardle to scamper upfield and Faiss would finish it. Use the long pitch, make it easy for the players. Half the time our players look pish (eg Dow) as they’ve been hung out to dry by a manager asking the wrong things of them. 

It’s why I love DC. Maybe the neutrals don’t like it and I have to admit we had a spell where we were absolutely dreadful to watch (No Nicky Low or Nouble) but it’s simple stuff.

4-4-2. Defenders defend. Ball forward quickly. It’s the most enjoyable season I’ve ever had watching football (minus 6-8 weeks of shite) and under Sheerin we kept the ball for fun