Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is Airdrie defender Calum Fordyce not his uncle or something and are they not related to Airdrie owner or director. Might be imagining the last bit. I could see the sense of Calum as Player/Manager with his playing experience and Rhys as assistant. 

Don’t know about the owner but I’m sure McCabe and Fordyce are cousins.

15 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

If McPake gets you lads back to the Championship nexr season he should be given the freedom of Dunfermline!!

The First must now be the most difficult ever....Queens, Kelty. Pars. Falkirk. Airdrie.....big ask TBF

Reckon it was more difficult to win when Rangers were in it tbh. 

9 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

You’re obsession with Dunfermline is creepy

He's a women hating rape apologist, his obsession with Dunfermline is one of his more normal traits. 

18 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a good player (although the last few years suggest he may have lost it) and as part of our 2012/13 squad I have a lot of time for him. I just think there’s a reasonable amount of evidence that he’s a fanny off the park, and I don’t think he’s the kind of guy Campbell would want at Arbroath.

Campbell and Lawless would have a great time, staying up to all hours singing The Sash in pubs.

Rumours circulating on dotnet and which ended up in various group chats is that Dan Pybus was told we’re not taking the option of another year via text. I’m sure we had that issue when we let 16 go once the pandemic began, we want to attract good players to the club but it sounds like we’re a bit of a shite bunch to deal with. Again, all just rumours at the moment but I wouldn’t be surprised. Could we not have been a bit more professional and spoke to these guys face to face or is a text message making you jobless okay because it’s football?

Not really seeing an issue if the text explained things well enough. That's if it's true. Could be the usual attention seekers making things up. How would they know?

If it is true, how do we know Pybus wasn't ok with it? Maybe he preferred it rather than having to go in to the stadium to be told the same thing?

It's a bit of an old fashioned concept that these things absolutely must be done face to face all the time. Pybus is a young guy so he might very well prefer this method of communication. Of course he might not and might be unhappy with it, but we don't know.

One person spouting pish on a forum is not a credible source. 

Getting told remotely isn't a massive issue, especially if it saves a player travelling a good distance. However if you are doing it remotely it needs to be via a phonecall at the very least surely? 

10 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Rumours circulating on dotnet and which ended up in various group chats is that Dan Pybus was told we’re not taking the option of another year via text. I’m sure we had that issue when we let 16 go once the pandemic began, we want to attract good players to the club but it sounds like we’re a bit of a shite bunch to deal with. Again, all just rumours at the moment but I wouldn’t be surprised. Could we not have been a bit more professional and spoke to these guys face to face or is a text message making you jobless okay because it’s football?

All the ‘in the know’ guys were reporting that the players all had meetings at the club a couple of weeks ago. Now they’re reporting that the players haven’t had any face-to-face contact. Sorry, but the stories aren’t adding up.

I don’t know what’s true, but if they were only told by text, it’s quite poor. It seems more likely this was the club’s way of providing written confirmation that the contract wasn’t being renewed, but I could be totally wrong.

Looks like they were all forewarned in meetings at the end of the season and have had written (Text, Email, doesn't matter) confirmation yesterday. A far cry from just a text telling them to piss off - which a number of them deserved to be fair

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Getting told remotely isn't a massive issue, especially if it saves a player travelling a good distance. However if you are doing it remotely it needs to be via a phonecall at the very least surely? 

With Pybus, didn’t he have an extra year option? Maybe in those situations there needs to be some sort of written confirmation that we are/aren’t taking that option up? Again, this is just speculation, but seems logical to me. Can’t understand why the written confirmation is a text, but it seems to be how things are done in football.

Blatantly copied from .nut - seems like a bit of a non-story to be fair.

"I believe it is kind of the norm in football. Doesn’t make it right or wrong, but it’s not just us that do this. Also don’t think what’s being reported here is quite the full story. All players out of contract were called into one-to-one meetings 2 weeks ago and were told it was unlikely they would get new deals, as we were going to get rid of Hughes and weren’t even sure we’d have a new manager in to make any decisions on players before their contract was up. At this point, a lot of people with ‘sources’ on here were reporting Hughes was away.

I believe they sent confirmations by text yesterday. Which, although not ideal, is fairly standard as a lot of players are on holiday at this time and there have been complaints in the past when players have been asked to come in when they’re supposed to be off - particularly just to be told their contract isn’t being renewed. Can’t win, can you?

Its not really comparable to a redundancy. It’s the end of someone’s contract. They’ve been free to talk to other clubs for around 6 months, were told 2 weeks ago it was unlikely to be renewed and people like written confirmation of things these days.

As I say, in an ideal world, everyone would probably have received a more professional message - phone call, meeting etc. But we are far from the only club that operate like this. I also believe that some players were told that if they don’t have a club by pre-season, they can come along and try to win a contract from the new manager. This was also mentioned in the meetings."

Why can't a text message be professional?

Anyway, far, far too much credence is being given to a random person claiming to 'know' shit.

We should be focusing on the fact that it looks like a clear out has begun, and hopefully many, many more are to follow.

It’s promising that players like Pybus are being punted. As he was seen as one of the ‘better’ players last season, hopefully this means it’s the start of the clear-out we’ve been dreaming of.