Walking Down The Halbeath Road

https://www.kingdomfm.co.uk/news/local-news/new-dunfermline-boss-says-he-has-improved-as-a-manager-after-time-away-from-the-dugout/

don’t think I’ve seen anyone else post this yet. Refreshingly honest interview. Just wants to win games of football, before we talk about any promotion/prospects.

I've ordered games on Pars TV a few times and the commentary is atrocious tbf. I think I lasted 5 mins into the first match and watched them on mute ever since.

If nobody else is volunteering to do it though and the club aren't going to pay someone for the role, then it's not going to improve greatly.

The highlight packages could also easily be chopped in half. Few games in world football require highlights longer than 7/8 mins. Again though, if this is being done by volunteers then there are limits on what you can reasonably expect.

I complained on every home game thread on here last season, and before, about how bad ParsTV is. It's not just the commentators but the camera work.

I wasn't alone in asking why these guys were not given training. The club have a responsibility to the fans and to guys at ParsTV to ensure a quality of product. 

20 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Liked him saying we are where we deserve to be. Refreshing after the bluster from Grant and Hughes.

Of course, he's right. But he really wants everyone to know he only has shite to start with.

Decent enough interview. Knows the size of the task ahead of him and knows we deserve to be where we are. As he says himself though, we judge him on results once the football starts.

Just glad we’re away from the arrogance of claiming to be a massive club that deserves better. Hopefully this proves to be a good appointment and we start getting used to winning games of football.

Aye, really refreshing to hear him saying we deserve to be where we are. I like his attitude tbh, comes across very sincere, realistic, passionate and honest. Grant was literally none of those things, the complete opposite in fact.

Good opening interview. Someone should tell him about the ‘Athletic’ part though.

Aye, really refreshing to hear him saying we deserve to be where we are. I like his attitude tbh, comes across very sincere, realistic, passionate and honest. Grant was literally none of those things, the complete opposite in fact.

Good opening interview. Someone should tell him about the ‘Athletic’ part though.
Yogi was exactly the same in his interviews [emoji23][emoji23]there is not a "Dunfermline Football Club".

Dunfermline Athletic might be a mouthful so just stick to The Pars, lads.

From the other side of the divide  I thought he came across well. I wanted to hear him as I really didn't want him near Starks but had no real idea why. 

Happy with how the mamagerial cards have fell though time will tell.

Key theme from the interview is the need to accept infrastructure, history etc come with entitlement. Potential doesn't win games and he seems to get it waaaay more than Yogi did. 

Also indicates the Dundee angle will be used if cash allows. 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, no interview 25 hours now after the appointment was confirmed - particularly with the interview being filmed before that was even done.

We’re awful at the media/marketing/communications side of things and have been for a while. I thought the new CEO would help here, but unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case - not yet anyway. Incredibly, we actually got worse at communicating through social media during the pandemic, when everyone else strengthened those areas. 

Regarding the ParsTV team, they’re awful and the interviews are absolutely dreadful to watch/listen to. It’s the same guy that does the commentary on the stream. We’re a professional football club and, volunteers or not, our media team should be much more capable/professional. Other clubs manage it no problem, but we seem to have some strange loyalty to guys that just aren’t up to the task. We undoubtedly had the worst streaming service/commentary team in the championship and we just didn’t seem to care. Nothing personal, the guys are just not good at their role.

For a while now, we’ve used Steven Mill for the big stuff (new managers, club announcements, new investors, new CEO etc), due to the fact he’s had media training and he can actually speak clearly/ask reasonable questions. I’m not sure why that hasn’t highlighted the fact that we need someone better doing the regular interviews. The week-to-week team are just so bad and it’s cringeworthy to watch. The same guys have been there for years and aren’t up to the job, when do we accept that and move on? Should have happened a long time ago.

Echo all of these points. The commentary on the streams are poor. I know these guys are volunteers but they’re doing it because they want to, not because they have to. I had covid towards the end of the season so missed a couple of home games and watched the streams, the co-comms guy just spoke for the sake of it and 9/10 he was miles off it. If I do have to miss a game and watch on Pars TV I’d sooner have just crowd noise.

I know it’s petty but things like the graphics for team announcements, goals on twitter etc, they’re all a bit dated. Social media is huge these days for our engagement with the fans, it’s been really poor ever since Mikey stepped down as general manager. I know that wasn’t his main responsibility but he works in marketing/design and everything used to look brilliant, almost ahead of others but we’ve been stuck for a while.

I look at other clubs and they just do it better and not just Premiership and Championship, even Queens Park, Montrose, Kelty to name a few do it better. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
Of course, he's right. But he really wants everyone to know he only has shite to start with.

Didn't pick up on that at all.

He wouldn't say that explicitly, but it's a hint at the size of the job.

Thought he came across pretty well in what I saw, not the most articulate talker in the world but that's not going to get you points. First time I've really listened to him to be fair but comes across as honest, genuine and committed.
Won't go as far as to wish he does well but again, interested observer on League one next year. Without question he's going to need to bring in a load of new faces, if I was going to criticise his time at Dundee again without too much analysis he seemed to bring in people he knew versus going outwith his network.

22 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Thought he came across pretty well in what I saw, not the most articulate talker in the world but that's not going to get you points. First time I've really listened to him to be fair but comes across as honest, genuine and committed.

Won't go as far as to wish he does well but again, interested observer on League one next year. Without question he's going to need to bring in a load of new faces, if I was going to criticise his time at Dundee again without too much analysis he seemed to bring in people he new versus going outwith his network.

Might be imagining it but there was a comment towards the end of the interview that sounded like he had folk in mind to bring in already but the budget could be a problem. Charlie Adam sprung to mind. May be well off though.

Might be imagining it but there was a comment towards the end of the interview that sounded like he had folk in mind to bring in already but the budget could be a problem. Charlie Adam sprung to mind. May be well off though.
Budget also for his coaching staff due to them being with other clubs and attracting them to league 1 is how I took it when he spike about it. Fair point tbh.

Folk thought Peter Grant spoke well in his first interview. It's all rather meaningless. Will wait to see how recruitment goes.

Every coach says pretty much the same thing. "I like to play attacking football. We're going to outwork the other teams. We're at this level for a reason."

Bring back Bobby "if you want entertainment go to the cinema" Williamson to mix it up imo.