Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
58 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:
What’s the fascination with Joe Cardle coming with Kevin Thomson. KT has his own assistant, I want a coaching set up of guys who’ve worked together not a few randoms chucked together like we’ve had for the last 4/5 years.

Too sensible a post for here.

Ken but I’m sick of Joe Cardle’s name being mentioned whenever we need a new manager. Don’t get me wrong, guys a legend but he’s not what we need. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Are we still Townies? Or are Raith fans going to have to come up with another nickname that isn't at offensive? 

Citynies? 

Aye they’ll have to stop using that highly offensive term now. Big City C*nts will do going forward. 

Now the manager has been sorted, we can focus on the players.

We have Edwards, Comrie, Breen, Mehmet, O'Hara, Wighton, Todorov, Allan, Todd, Chalmers, McCann all signed up for next season.

Can't see all three of the strikers (Wighton, Todorov, O'Hara) staying tbh. Obviously McCann is a young player so he'll be here. I'd imagine Todorov and Wighton especially will want away. They'll have joined us looking to challenge for promotion. I'd imagine there will be deductions to wages which they will not be happy with. 

Mehmet, Breen, and Chalmers are nowhere near good enough. Unfortunately I can't see us getting rid of any of them, so think we are stuck with them, but hopefully the new man can take them aside and tell them they aren't getting game time and should ask their agents to put feelers out. 

No idea about any potential signings or who could be in the frame, but out of all the players Yogi signed, I'd hope we could keep Donaldson, but I doubt it. Massive rebuild required so you'd hope we get a new manager sorted sharpish.  

Now the manager has been sorted, we can focus on the players.
We have Edwards, Comrie, Breen, Mehmet, O'Hara, Wighton, Todorov, Allan, Todd, Chalmers, McCann all signed up for next season.

Can't see all three of the strikers (Wighton, Todorov, O'Hara) staying tbh. Obviously McCann is a young player so he'll be here. I'd imagine Todorov and Wighton especially will want away. They'll have joined us looking to challenge for promotion. I'd imagine there will be deductions to wages which they will not be happy with. 
Mehmet, Breen, and Chalmers are nowhere near good enough. Unfortunately I can't see us getting rid of any of them, so think we are stuck with them, but hopefully the new man can take them aside and tell them they aren't getting game time and should ask their agents to put feelers out. 
No idea about any potential signings or who could be in the frame, but out of all the players Yogi signed, I'd hope we could keep Donaldson, but I doubt it. Massive rebuild required so you'd hope we get a new manager sorted sharpish.  
Surely decision on contracted players depends on new manager/coach (dorrans aside maybe)

Watching the stuff about Dunfermline getting city status on the news and Mrs.  B asked where the nickname the Pars came from.
Anyone care to enlighten me?

There’s a few theories out there but nothing confirmed. I think the most prominent theory is something to do with a group of Plymouth fans being up here for work at Rosyth Dockyard and coming up with ‘Plymouth Argyle Rosyth Supporters.’