Walking Down The Halbeath Road

56 minutes ago, Trump said:

Ian Murray for Raith leaving Kevin Thomson for you guys. Either way, better than Yogi.

Thomson to Dundee,   Ellis for Raith,   McPake for Dunfermline.....

How much would that get you for a tenner treble at th e bookies...

48 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Seems the board’s tactic of releasing a statement saying they think the manager is a useless c**t then ignoring him for a week worked a treat. We needn’t have worried. Great bunch of lads after all. 

The long(ish) game. We have underestimated them!

45 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Pretty sure it’s going to be Ian Murray

No way Murray trades an Airdrie side he’s built for the current bowl of pig shit signed at EEP, simply because it’s the same level. He might go for the Raith job because it’s a level up, but the cons there are still a pretty cautionary matter.

Honestly, if Dundee have snaffled up KT, I’m not sure anyone remaining could tempt Murray or Petrie to move.

No way Murray trades an Airdrie side he’s built for the current bowl of pig shit signed at EEP, simply because it’s the same level. He might go for the Raith job because it’s a level up, but the cons there are still a pretty cautionary matter.
Honestly, if Dundee have snaffled up KT, I’m not sure anyone remaining could tempt Murray or Petrie to move.

Disagree. Dunfermline are the biggest team in the league next season and, if they get a competent manager, should win the league. Suspect he would see that as a good chance

Just now, Aufc said:

Disagree. Dunfermline are the biggest team in the league next season and, if they get a competent manager, should win the league. Suspect he would see that as a good chance

I understand the principle you espouse, but the team is, to put it mildly, a punch bowl full of turds. The questions involved include the budget to make changes/buy out players/etc, the expectations of the Board, and a truly nasty League.

Given the recent revolving door at Manager, and the fans quite vocal discontent, the next manager will be inheriting a quite warm seat already, and may hesitate to jump into the frying pan. JMcG elected to go to Falkirk knowing that it had finally settled in that they needed stability and time to turn it around…whomever enters EEP next may not have that luxury.

The Pars may be the “biggest” team in the league, but a potentially resurgent Falkirk could be close, a well funded Kelty will harass, Airdrie and Montrose will be competent or better, EC and Peterhead are both stronger than EF and The Sons were this year, Alloa and QoS will likely be competent, Clyde, well, it’s Clyde.

I suspect League One will be far from the easy canter to victory that some think…see Falkirk.

I understand the principle you espouse, but the team is, to put it mildly, a punch bowl full of turds. The questions involved include the budget to make changes/buy out players/etc, the expectations of the Board, and a truly nasty League.
Given the recent revolving door at Manager, and the fans quite vocal discontent, the next manager will be inheriting a quite warm seat already, and may hesitate to jump into the frying pan. JMcG elected to go to Falkirk knowing that it had finally settled in that they needed stability and time to turn it around…whomever enters EEP next may not have that luxury.
The Pars may be the “biggest” team in the league, but a potentially resurgent Falkirk could be close, a well funded Kelty will harass, Airdrie and Montrose will be competent or better, EC and Peterhead are both stronger than EF and The Sons were this year, Alloa and QoS will likely be competent, Clyde, well, it’s Clyde.
I suspect League One will be far from the easy canter to victory that some think…see Falkirk.
I've literally not seen or heard any Dunfermline supporter refer to next season as easy whatsoever. More pish from you as per haha I really shouldn't be surprised.

11 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

This will be some laugh. Am I right in saying that this bloke has a friend on the board? Name rings a bell for some reason.

6888969C-1442-403B-94A6-191D4E22137A.png

He enjoys a good wind up and is very successful at it, despite often making little attempt to hide it. I think he likes reeling in assorted morons and tries to see how much he can get away with whilst still chuckling at a hefty haul.

18 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I've literally not seen or heard any Dunfermline supporter refer to next season as easy whatsoever. More pish from you as per haha I really shouldn't be surprised.

Check the wording and context, the response was to a post above that suggested DAFC should easily win the League…it wasn’t a Pars fan anyway…and I simply addressed his comment. So, your pish level seems a bit high, m8.

Check the wording and context, the response was to a post above that suggested DAFC should easily win the League…it wasn’t a Pars fan anyway…and I simply addressed his comment. So, your pish level seems a bit high, m8.

League won’t be easy but they should win it if they get the right manager in. Murray will see it as a good opportunity. Obviously there is a risk that it doesn’t work but suspect he would see it as a risk worth taking.

What’s the fascination with Joe Cardle coming with Kevin Thomson. KT has his own assistant, I want a coaching set up of guys who’ve worked together not a few randoms chucked together like we’ve had for the last 4/5 years.
Too sensible a post for here.