Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Unfinished Business!

Pars manager John Hughes is delighted to Lena two years contract extension and is delighted to welcome Gavin Reilly as the new star signing. We are also delighted to announce we have mortgaged the mortgage on East End to sign Brian Rice from Alloa. Yogi is now happy he has the squad and management team to tackle the exciting challenge ahead. COYP!

This is beyond a joke tbh. Treating the fans like shit, as per usual. 
It's not much better here along the A92. We have players on expiring contracts, other teams in the league are starting to renew or bring in new faces, yet we'll be into next week before we know anything. You've got a manager, we've no'!

It's not much better here along the A92. We have players on expiring contracts, other teams in the league are starting to renew or bring in new faces, yet we'll be into next week before we know anything. You've got a manager, we've no'!
On the manager front, I'd swap places with you in a heartbeat! [emoji23]

Are there even any vibes floating around out there as to what might happen? 

You'd think that by this stage he's not leaving unless he walks, unless of course this new lean machine exec structure is still figuring things out while the season properly 'ends' and player contracts are up etc. Or something, I dunno.

I think I'm just with you all, astonished Hughes is still in the job. 

25 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Are there even any vibes floating around out there as to what might happen? 

You'd think that by this stage he's not leaving unless he walks, unless of course this new lean machine exec structure is still figuring things out while the season properly 'ends' and player contracts are up etc. Or something, I dunno.

I think I'm just with you all, astonished Hughes is still in the job. 

Because the club came out with their statement to say there would be board level changes and manager/player updates would follow, I originally thought they would do what they had to do at board level, sit down and within a few days announce Yogi was away. The longer it goes on I think he'll be staying on.

If we're getting rid we need to do it now so that we've got plenty time to appoint and get someone new in the door, let them bring in their own players.

57 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye you'd think so, already came to terms with it tbh.

Aye you're probably right. Keep forgetting he's still under contract so there's no real need to address him. I think I'm just hopeful we're going to get a statement saying he's away, what players are away (hopefully 95% of them) and announcing a new manager that we all want. Not too much to ask is it... :)

4 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye you're probably right. Keep forgetting he's still under contract so there's no real need to address him. I think I'm just hopeful we're going to get a statement saying he's away, what players are away (hopefully 95% of them) and announcing a new manager that we all want. Not too much to ask is it... :)

Fancy the moon on a stick as well? 🙂

Whatever happens now, the board have had an absolute shocker here and will come across as incompetent morons, unless they have some 'rabbit out the hat' explanation.

Either they've taken nearly two weeks, to date, to decide that the idiot who played abysmal football, took us down and had a large number of fans chanting for him to be sacked is staying, or they've taken nearly two weeks, to date, to decide that the idiot who played abysmal football, took us down and had a large number of fans chanting for him to be sacked should indeed be sacked.

How has it taken this long, and counting, to reach either decision? That calls their competency in to question. It calls their fucking brains in to question.

I suspect they are in for a huge shock when the reaction to the confirmation that Hughes is staying, probably not addressed directly and most likely through a player signing*, hits them, and even more so when they see how badly season ticket sales go. I'm really starting to think that they genuinely don't get how opposed so many fans are to Hughes and that they probably think the social media comments are just some loonies (as apparently social media is only the voice of crazies when it suits, yet can strangely be more representative when that suits too).

*It will be the usual sort of player announcement but will feature Hughes in the photos and a line about the guy being Hughes' 'first signing of the season' or some bollocks.

Edited by DA Baracus

*It will be the usual sort of player announcement but will feature Hughes in the photos and a line about the guy being Hughes' 'first signing of the season' or some bollocks.

Be even worse when you factor in it will probably be Polworth signing a 3 year contract with us.