Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I've got to be honest if Yogi is going I'd like to see Kevin Thomson get the gig. My worry is he's going to end up being announced as Raith manager before we announce Yogi's exit.

The fact we've gone on so long now makes me think he'll be here next season, approaching a fortnight since we got relegated and we've heard not a jot. Only saving grace is we also don't know who the exiting players are which makes me think there's still some confusion over who'll be in charge.

"A review of the footballing side of things is still ongoing. John Hughes is pleading with us desperately to stay in charge, and we will probably give in as we don't have the guts to do the right thing. We thought we would at least be transparent about it with our subjects ie you fans. We are delaying this for the time being just to wind you gullible c*nts up further, because reasons. Season ticket information and prices will be announced in due course, you thick f*cks. 

COYP"

It's gone on so long now that I assume the line they'll be taking is that Hughes is under contract so they didn't feel the need to confirm he'll be in charge next season.

That argument is utter pish of course and treats the fans like morons but I can't see anything else. Also, doesn't explain why there has been retained list for the squad.

14 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Is the DFB still here? 

"Dirty Fife B*astard"? That's a bit harsh, he's not been with yous long enough to become a full blown Fifer, im sure he's still a Bairn at heart!

Classic shite 'yer da' patter.

48 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

A statement that told us nothing a week ago

Did we read the same statement? Don't think there has been as many folk leaving the boardroom at once since admin. Seems like a fairly fundamental change to me.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Did we read the same statement? Don't think there has been as many folk leaving the boardroom at once since admin. Seems like a fairly fundamental change to me.

Except 95%+ of supporters had zero idea what any of the Board members did so them leaving meant absolutely nothing to the average punter.

I wasn't even aware Leish was even still on the Board and assumed he already had a Club Ambassador role or similar.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

We already  knew they were leaving. 

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Except 95%+ of supporters had zero idea what any of the Board members did so them leaving meant absolutely nothing to the average punter.

I wasn't even aware Leish was even still on the Board and assumed he already had a Club Ambassador role or similar.

Which is fine, like you say the vast majority of supporters couldn't care less who is running the club. That said they have been open about their roles and over the course of this season there has been calls for there to be changes at the top of the club, to no address this would have been odd. Regardless of these changes being interesting it's important they are communicated.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

We already  knew they were leaving. 

You may have, but other than Ross' departure the other changes were not common knowledge.

17 minutes ago, 101 said:

Which is fine, like you say the vast majority of supporters couldn't care less who is running the club. That said they have been open about their roles and over the course of this season there has been calls for there to be changes at the top of the club, to no address this would have been odd. Regardless of these changes being interesting it's important they are communicated.

You may have, but other than Ross' departure the other changes were not common knowledge.

They were all said at the supporters meeting last year outwith Leish. 

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

"Starting at the top, at board level, we have decided to give ourselves a leaner and more flexible structure in order to be able to act more decisively and swiftly in the future"

lol

Nearly 11 days after relegation and we've had no communication about the manager, his staff, playing squad, season tickets, pre-season etc.

David Cook will combine the roles of Chairman and CEO - so what? There was no explanation of what this means in practical terms, just the painfully vague notion he will be "totally focused on the full time running of the Club" and that he is "well placed to drive forward the changes we wish to make".

Kip McBay retiring from the Board - I'm sure he's done a fine job but there is no mention in the statement of any of the work he's undertaken over the years.

Jim Leishman has retired from the board to take up the new position of Club Ambassador - as said previously, I thought this had already happened and I sincerely doubt Leish was regularly making thought-provoking contributions. 

Thomas Meggle "will be playing a more active role in day-to-day football operations" - to the best of my knowledge, he was already working closely with the manager so how is this a change?

It was statement full of words and meaningless phrases that, as usual, told the fans nothing of note. The club wants our cash and is either incapable or disinterested in working with the supporters. We are a necessary burden for them and nothing more.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

It's gone on so long now that I assume the line they'll be taking is that Hughes is under contract so they didn't feel the need to confirm he'll be in charge next season.

It’s the fact they said they were reviewing the footballing departments and the statement actually said they “will keep you informed as things progress”. That suggests some sort of further announcement, whether he’s staying or going.

They released a statement talking about being “able to act more decisively and swiftly” and the need to “rebuild the connection between supporters and the Club” and then went on mention a review that’s either taken far too long (certainly not decisive or swift), or lie about keeping fans informed as things progress.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

They were all said at the supporters meeting last year outwith Leish. 

Must have missed Kips announcement then.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

"Starting at the top, at board level, we have decided to give ourselves a leaner and more flexible structure in order to be able to act more decisively and swiftly in the future"

lol

Nearly 11 days after relegation and we've had no communication about the manager, his staff, playing squad, season tickets, pre-season etc.

David Cook will combine the roles of Chairman and CEO - so what? There was no explanation of what this means in practical terms, just the painfully vague notion he will be "totally focused on the full time running of the Club" and that he is "well placed to drive forward the changes we wish to make".

Kip McBay retiring from the Board - I'm sure he's done a fine job but there is no mention in the statement of any of the work he's undertaken over the years.

Jim Leishman has retired from the board to take up the new position of Club Ambassador - as said previously, I thought this had already happened and I sincerely doubt Leish was regularly making thought-provoking contributions. 

Thomas Meggle "will be playing a more active role in day-to-day football operations" - to the best of my knowledge, he was already working closely with the manager so how is this a change?

It was statement full of words and meaningless phrases that, as usual, told the fans nothing of note. The club wants our cash and is either incapable or disinterested in working with the supporters. We are a necessary burden for them and nothing more.

I do think it would have been good in this statement to have put a date on when a further announcement would be made surely there were plans to have meetings with the manager and the board to discuss a way forward on the football side of things. Even if it had been at the end of the month on the expiry of contracts.

I think there is a fair bit of "why" and "how" that could be better articulated.

Leishman was a member of the board and therefore would have had an equal say as any other board member, unless there was a bizzare 2 tier system of board membership which seems unlikely.

Meggle sounds like he will be in Scotland more often than last season, hopefully this is a good thing. I was wondering if it was his contacts that found Jakub and John Hughes seems an unlikely follower of either European national development squads or of English U23 football. But that's just my opinion and could be a load of pish.

On the last point I feel like this discussion happens fairly regularly, when things are utterly shit it's very very difficult to build any meaningful togetherness and folk can't be bothered to engage when it's constant bad news, hopefully David can shake things up and reset a lot of things as we enter next season and hopefully have a covid free year. However to the club's credit this was the first year that they supplied drink for the volunteers dinner and first time I have seen them host a reception to show thanks to people so bizzarely I think this season has been the best in terms of rewarding hard work of folk involved in assisting the club.

But of course more could be done but when there is limited appetite to hear from the PST membership to hear from the board which sit on the Pars United CIC board and the Football Club board then we are starting from a low mark, I don't know if other clubs are better worse or the same but if they are better we should be looking at their methods.

Leishman on the board is absolutely frightening btw. He is a good soul, but he's well over the hill for making crucial decisions at a football club. 

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Leishman on the board is absolutely frightening btw. He is a good soul, but he's well over the hill for making crucial decisions at a football club. 

He's not on the board any more.