Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The police should maybe do a welfare check at East End. They’ve maybe gone full Battle Royale in there. My money would be on Meggle being the last man standing. He’s probably drinking out the bogs and eating pigeons by now, wearing nothing but some away outfits shorts and a club tie as a bandana. 

They’ve probably spent the last 5 days drafting up the statement defending Hughes/explaining their decision to keep him. I doubt they’ve come up with anything other than “we think we need consistency” as there’s nothing he has done that justifies keeping him on after he got us relegated.

No doubt end up with something about how they see things that we don’t. Talk about him working tirelessly and claim that they’ve seen some progress during his time - despite the fact we seemed to get worse the more players he signed himself. Then they’ll mention how shocked and upset the manager and the board were to the reaction from fans after the playoff defeat. Then tell us we need to back him and the club.

They’ve probably spent the last 5 days drafting up the statement defending Hughes/explaining their decision to keep him. I doubt they’ve come up with anything other than “we think we need consistency” as there’s nothing he has done that justifies keeping him on after he got us relegated.

No doubt end up with something about how they see things that we don’t. Talk about him working tirelessly and claim that they’ve seen some progress during his time - despite the fact we seemed to get worse the more players he signed himself. Then they’ll mention how shocked and upset the manager and the board were to the reaction from fans after the playoff defeat. Then tell us we need to back him and the club.

I think you’ve got it absolutely spot on there. Which is very sad. EEP will be like a morgue.

13 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

If Hughes was kept on and there was wholesale changes on the playing side with actual decent signings (ala Dylan Easton etc), what would feeling be like? Thoughts

I have no faith in Hughes regardless of signings. Completely lost all confidence in him to make any use of them. His a stubborn old fart, that won't change his ways.

He a slavering shite of a man. The thought of having to listen to his ramblings next season fill me with dread.

39 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

If Hughes was kept on and there was wholesale changes on the playing side with actual decent signings (ala Dylan Easton etc), what would feeling be like? Thoughts

Funny you mention Easton..

received_719838982803558.jpeg

received_383348870221211.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I’d have a stauner. I don’t want Hughes but I hate the players more, gutless b*****ds. 

50 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Hughes who is known to be terrible with transfer windows,  hughes who looked at our midfield, criticized it heavily and thought chalmers and polworth were the solution.

Not going to happen.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Easton was to sign, who is doing the signing?

Sadly only one conclusion to be drawn there...

Meggle? Latest statement said he was going to be closer to the football side, clutching at straws I know.

Hughes cannot be involved at this club. It simply cannot happen. I think I could see myself walk away from the club if they keep him, and it would take a serious revolution from top to bottom for me to get invested in the Pars again. I imagine a good proportion of the fanbase are the same. This is a very crucial time for our club.

58 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Funny you mention Easton..

received_719838982803558.jpeg

received_383348870221211.jpeg

I’d hate to piss on your parade but he’s also liked ones about signing for Patrick.

Be a great signing for anyone in our league and above tbh.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Wouldn't make a difference. Season ticket sales would struggle to be even 1000. Hughes will be punted in October.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Hughes cannot be involved at this club. It simply cannot happen. I think I could see myself walk away from the club if they keep him, and it would take a serious revolution from top to bottom for me to get invested in the Pars again. I imagine a good proportion of the fanbase are the same. This is a very crucial time for our club.

I know P&B is quite full of hyperbole but still I think it needs saying - we aren't going to see a massive drop off in season ticket sales or attendances just due to Hughes. There are several people here and on dotnet who will say they aren't coming back but from the people I speak to who don't do social media, the manager and the squad will have almost zero impact on whether they get a season ticket or not. We had about 2,300 season tickets sold last year; we aren't going to see over half of them not renew just because of Hughes or because we were relegated. The squeeze on the cost of living will be a much bigger factor and even then it might cost us a couple of hundred, but nowhere near a thousand losses. When you add up the die hards who'd buy a ticket if Putin was announced as our new manager, folk who think Hughes should get time to try and turn it around, those who think we were "unlucky", those who take kids along, the young team who are starting to get into it, and the fans like me who don't like Hughes or his style of play but will get a season ticket regardless, there are more than enough tickets being sold that it's not going to go off a cliff.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If Easton was to sign, who is doing the signing?

Sadly only one conclusion to be drawn there...

Meggle maybe? If so, then the club is a bit all over the place, to say the very least.