Walking Down The Halbeath Road

They must have made a decision by now. If not, then what is the hold up? I can’t think of any reasons why a decision on Hughes hasn’t yet been reached.

They will have known for a while now that relegation was a possibility, so surely they planned for such an outcome? Why were they not ready to go the Monday after the Queen’s Park game? I can understand maybe a day or two of negotiations if they’re stupid enough to keep him, but more than that? Get fucked.

If there is to be a recruitment process then that takes time as well. That process could already have been started. Doesn’t matter if some managers only finished their season yesterday; simply have a cut off for applications, like any other job. Or, if the board have folk in mind, approach them directly to ask.

We’re already falling behind in preparation for next season now, and the longer this shite drags on the further behind we fall.

Maybe Yogi is on holiday? He has sent a cherry postcard telling the board about the guild honest laddies working behind the bar at his resort and how he’s looking forward to doing his best not to relegate us again next season, “but nae promises, mind!”. The board have looked at it and can’t bear to upset him so are just going with him but have promised to release a statement next summer saying they’re quite upset at having to play in League Two and that they will have meetings about it. This they hope will give Yogi a hint to move on.

There is genuinely no reason why they are taking so long. If they were keeping him, they should have just said that. To wait all this time just to say "We're sticking by the man that got us relegated, and the shite signings Grant made" would be absolutely diabolical for season ticket sales. 

The only slither of hope I have is that they are working out compensation/all legality for getting rid of all the coaching staff and majority of the contracted players, which could take a while I suppose. Can't imagine Wighton, Todorov, O'Hara, Dorrans will want to stick around for League 1. Good riddance if that's the case. 

Hughes staying or Hughes going - either way it's absurd that we're approaching 9 days without an official decision.

You don't need lots of money or hundreds of staff to work quickly and decisively. If they're waiting for fans to accept another season of Hughes then they have misjudged the mood badly. It wouldn't shock me in the least though because they've made mistake after mistake for years.

A joke club.

Definitely. If true, you'd imagine he won't get another crack at going down south. Is he good enough to play in league 1? I'm not too sure.

Hard to tell to be honest as don’t watch much of that. He is a cracking player so worth a shot. As long as he doesn’t go to fucking falkirk

The only possible hope I have over the long delay is maybe the club have decided they don’t want to announce Hughes is away without a replacement. Maybe they think having no manager would harm ST sales more than Hughes.

in such a case they had to wait till after playoffs as it’s Petrie or Murray and now negotiations are almost done. Or maybe they’ve pulled off an absolute madness and just have to wait for hibs to stop paying off Jack Ross!!

Maybe, maybe?! 

But realistically I am resigned to seeing a Twitter post about STs coming on sale with Hughes face on it and that’ll be that. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

The only possible hope I have over the long delay is maybe the club have decided they don’t want to announce Hughes is away without a replacement. Maybe they think having no manager would harm ST sales more than Hughes.

in such a case they had to wait till after playoffs as it’s Petrie or Murray and now negotiations are almost done. Or maybe they’ve pulled off an absolute madness and just have to wait for hibs to stop paying off Jack Ross!!

Maybe, maybe?! 

But realistically I am resigned to seeing a Twitter post about STs coming on sale with Hughes face on it and that’ll be that. 

I can safely guarantee that having nobody in charge would be a distinct improvement on ST sales compared with retaining Hughes. The appointment failed; they don't need to compound that initial error by allowing him to remain in charge.

"act more decisively and swiftly" may become an iconic phrase.

“a leaner and more flexible structure in order to be able to act more decisively and swiftly in the future.”

“The footballing departments and squad plans are currently under review. The board will keep you informed as things progress.”

Surely the footballing aspect was being regularly reviewed/discussed during the season and it shouldn’t need any sort of lengthy review/investigation? To come out with the part about being more decisive and acting more swiftly, then to not provide any update 9 days after the season ended is mental.

I was expecting an update at the end of last week, since they did say we would be informed as things progress.

It seems to the way with Pars management.  Say one thing, then do the complete opposite.

We got a statement of intent last Wednesday but zero action has been taken. Not sure how the hell they can't tell us if Hughes stays or not. The must bloody know by now.

If he is staying, it’s unusual not to have had the list of out of contract folk being punted. That’s usually pretty brutal, within a day or so of the season ending. That’s more than a week of no news. If a new manager is to come in and some out of contract guys he wanted to keep (unlikely, I know) sign up elsewhere then that’s the fault of the board. 

I'm desperately clinging on to the premise that maybe, just maybe, the guy we're after had a game yesterday & he/we were awaiting the outcome.

I can't begin to contemplate life in League One with Hughes. Just fucking don't.

Maybe they’ve just lost all the logins to Twitter, the club website etc? 

Did Masterton have them all saved in his notebook?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Shorter spell than Willo Flood

What an episode that was. I think it was Steven Mill prompting him with the “did you sign for us because we are a massive club?”in his signing press conference only for Willo to explain that he signed for us as it would only take him 20 minutes to get home from training. 

Edited by Shandon Par