Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Glad Queens Park won, would feel they'd have been stronger competition if they'd stayed down rather than Airdrie.

My thoughts too ...

Expecting a Pars/Bairns battle for the title next season - as will the bookies.

He is comfortably a Championship player, and if he were to drop to this level, he’d be going to Falkirk.

Not really going to get invested in who we could get until we get rid of the dead wood already here, including Hughes.

This new leaner and more flexible structure in order to be able to act more decisively and swiftly in the futureis really working out well. 

A bit like when we did that “no stone unturned approach” to replacing Grant and came up with the guy who relegated Raith from a similar position.

Nah, surely a few Championship clubs (and maybe even ourselves) will be raiding Airdrie now and Murray himself might end up at Stark's Park or somewhere of that ilk. 

Heard a rumour of Murray to you guys. Guess it all depends on yogi

Murray, Petrie, Campbell would all be equally suitable IMO. Would still have Petrie as the best option, but just depends if they are sticking by this fanny I guess, which looks increasingly likely. 

I would be happy to bring Ian Murray in. Better than the old schoool shite our board have been attracted to the last couple of appointments. 

Our new lean adaptable board are really backing up their words with absolutely zero action since relegation 9 days ago.

Edited by Chubbychops

Heard a rumour of Murray to you guys. Guess it all depends on yogi

If true, I’d be very happy with that. Unfortunately though, I think we’re stuck with Hughes and will find ourselves trying to bring in a new manager in October/November to manage the terrible squad Hughes has assembled by that point.

I heard forest green for easton which would be a very decent move for him
Definitely. If true, you'd imagine he won't get another crack at going down south. Is he good enough to play in league 1? I'm not too sure.

They must have made a decision by now. If not, then what is the hold up? I can’t think of any reasons why a decision on Hughes hasn’t yet been reached.

They will have known for a while now that relegation was a possibility, so surely they planned for such an outcome? Why were they not ready to go the Monday after the Queen’s Park game? I can understand maybe a day or two of negotiations if they’re stupid enough to keep him, but more than that? Get fucked.

If there is to be a recruitment process then that takes time as well. That process could already have been started. Doesn’t matter if some managers only finished their season yesterday; simply have a cut off for applications, like any other job. Or, if the board have folk in mind, approach them directly to ask.

We’re already falling behind in preparation for next season now, and the longer this shite drags on the further behind we fall.

Maybe Yogi is on holiday? He has sent a cherry postcard telling the board about the guild honest laddies working behind the bar at his resort and how he’s looking forward to doing his best not to relegate us again next season, “but nae promises, mind!”. The board have looked at it and can’t bear to upset him so are just going with him but have promised to release a statement next summer saying they’re quite upset at having to play in League Two and that they will have meetings about it. This they hope will give Yogi a hint to move on.

There is genuinely no reason why they are taking so long. If they were keeping him, they should have just said that. To wait all this time just to say "We're sticking by the man that got us relegated, and the shite signings Grant made" would be absolutely diabolical for season ticket sales. 

The only slither of hope I have is that they are working out compensation/all legality for getting rid of all the coaching staff and majority of the contracted players, which could take a while I suppose. Can't imagine Wighton, Todorov, O'Hara, Dorrans will want to stick around for League 1. Good riddance if that's the case. 

Hughes staying or Hughes going - either way it's absurd that we're approaching 9 days without an official decision.

You don't need lots of money or hundreds of staff to work quickly and decisively. If they're waiting for fans to accept another season of Hughes then they have misjudged the mood badly. It wouldn't shock me in the least though because they've made mistake after mistake for years.

A joke club.

Definitely. If true, you'd imagine he won't get another crack at going down south. Is he good enough to play in league 1? I'm not too sure.

Hard to tell to be honest as don’t watch much of that. He is a cracking player so worth a shot. As long as he doesn’t go to fucking falkirk

The only possible hope I have over the long delay is maybe the club have decided they don’t want to announce Hughes is away without a replacement. Maybe they think having no manager would harm ST sales more than Hughes.

in such a case they had to wait till after playoffs as it’s Petrie or Murray and now negotiations are almost done. Or maybe they’ve pulled off an absolute madness and just have to wait for hibs to stop paying off Jack Ross!!

Maybe, maybe?! 

But realistically I am resigned to seeing a Twitter post about STs coming on sale with Hughes face on it and that’ll be that.