Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Problem is who is out there?

Stewart Petrie and Jack Ross are about the only names out there who will excite the fans and neither of them are coming, so who does that leave? Say we appointed a Kevin Thompson, Jim McIntyre, James McPake or Alan Stubbs (trying to think of people who are maybe available and would potentially come here, not for anyone I want). Would they bring an uplift in ticket sales? Can't see it. We'll have our usual 1800-2500 season ticket holders as usual, the vast majority at the moment will keep buying them regardless. It'll be the cost of living that stalls sales more than the manager IMO. If we keep Hughes (and I think we will), there will be a few that decide to not bother and there will be a lot of unhappy fans but the board have painted themselves into a corner here. I don't envy them.

Ask for applications, although the club would actually need to look at them if they did that and not be taken in by some diddy talking well. I reckon most of us on here could interview well and say the right things, but that doesn't mean we should be the Pars manager.

Of course the usual lot will apply, but I think there will be at least a couple of interesting candidates that we wouldn't have thought of.

The club need to decide what they want from a manager, aside from the obvious. 

Edited by DA Baracus

It’s not like we’re on the cusp of being a decent team and just need to unearth that final piece or two of the puzzle (eg when McIntyre signed Bell and Gibson). We’re just pish. We already showed we are not as good as the team that finished 4th in League One. The budget is bound to be lower so how is the same manger with less money and many of the same players going to improve us? Genuinely think we’ll do well to keep above the relegation play-off places without wholesale changes. 

28 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

That's true but we won league 1 at a canter after finishing 7th the year previous so it can be done.

That's because the recruitment was spot on. 

This'll never happen but if we approached AJ again and asked him to just recruit for getting us up and back into the championship, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. 

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

This'll never happen but if we approached AJ again and asked him to just recruit for getting us up and back into the championship, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. 

Don’t see anything wrong either with a short-term appointment as part of a wider long-term vision. Just as Grant and Hughes had a proven track record in relegation there are folk out there with a proven record in getting teams up. 

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Big Ivo piece at half time in tbe play off on Alba. 

Basically saying how great Dick and Bert were and how badly the club is doing at tbe moment with managers and the board. 

BBC Alba obviously had hoped for a Dunfermline v Montrose final

Could live with that.

This is a rare laugh this forum, but it’s so fucking true. We’re actively aiming to finish as low as possible and go part-time, that’s the only explanation I can find for the board’s incompetence 🤣

Would have preferred Queen’s Park to stay down. Airdrie is a pish away day and I reckon they’ll be stronger next season.

Murray certainly has something as a manager. Did really well with Dumbarton a while back and now Airdrie. Took over both teams when they were shite. His teams seem to attack as well. 

Edited by Chubbychops