Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Assuming he doesn't have a relegation release clause, I hope that, should we get a new manager, Wighton is restored to the starting line up 

You'd imagine he'd score a few in League One. And with him being very much a confidence player that could be the difference between a good attempt at getting back up or a Falkirkesque shitshow.

It’s absolutely no coincidence that we get relegated after there was barely a “massive club” in any of the players’ or managers’ press releases after signing. Any fuxker that didn’t say “Dunfermline is a massive club and “I have always admired Dunfermline as they are a great club” should get told to GFT. 

Stop bothering us good teams .Are you lot not going to the level that you should now be at this is for championship teams not seaside league teams now bye bye and don't disturb us again Remember and get your name down for a house on least end park. Have a nice summers break.  Yogi must stay.

24 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Stop bothering us good teams .Are you lot not going to the level that you should now be at this is for championship teams not seaside league teams now bye bye and don't disturb us again Remember and get your name down for a house on least end park. Have a nice summers break.  Yogi must stay.

If anyone ever asks me why we call Rovers the wee team I’m just gonna show them this post I think

29 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Ever heard of a comma? You write like a barely literate child.

29 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Oh dear.......

I see folk were talking about a 'Sliding Doors' moment with Arbroath the other night.

Really believe we have a 'sliding doors' moment here with Hughes. Keep him and it isn't good and we slide down and our crowds shift downwards and will be increasingly hard to improve. We could be down in League 1 for years. Worst case is we haemorrhage fans and go part time. 

Punt him and there are no guarantees. There is however potential. More importantly, the fans will be on board with the new guy (unless the club somehow f**k it again; can't rule that out I suppose!) and will be there, and there will be potential to get more back (not guaranteed and very hard to do).

I'd like to see the club build in 2 or 3 games a season where the ticket cost is reduced (£10 for a couple of games and £5 for one) in to the budget.

The budget will be in bits if they keep Hughes on.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I see folk were talking about a 'Sliding Doors' moment with Arbroath the other night.

Really believe we have a 'sliding doors' moment here with Hughes. Keep him and it isn't good and we slide down and our crowds shift downwards and will be increasingly hard to improve. We could be down in League 1 for years. Worst case is we haemorrhage fans and go part time. 

Punt him and there are no guarantees. There is however potential. More importantly, the fans will be on board with the new guy (unless the club somehow f**k it again; can rule that out I suppose!) and will be there, and there will be potential to get more back (not guaranteed and very hard to do).

I'd like to see the club build in 2 or 3 games a season where the ticket cost is reduced (£10 for a couple of games and £5 for one) in to the budget.

The budget will be in bits if they keep Hughes on.

I know they will look a bit hire and fire if they sack Hughes but it their own fault. This is a good opportunity to get somebody in who is a popular choice with fans and get folk back on board. In all honesty, I don't think we will go right back up next season regardless who's in charge.

If we brought in a manager that looked to attack and brought back a bit of excitement to East End, I would give them a bit more leeway. Crawford, Grant and Hughes have provided football that ranges between utterly boring to disorganised mess over the last 3-4 years.

11 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I know they will look a bit hire and fire if they sack Hughes but it their own fault. This is a good opportunity to get somebody in who is a popular choice with fans and get folk back on board. In all honesty, I don't think we will go right back up next season regardless who's in charge.

If we brought in a manager that looked to attack and brought back a bit of excitement to East End, I would give them a bit more leeway. Crawford, Grant and Hughes have provided football that ranges between utterly boring to disorganised mess over the last 3-4 years.

It’s maybe hindsight but christ I almost long for the days of Crawford.

As for hire and fire, I agree, this isn’t a situation where good managers are sacked too soon because the board are too hasty more that this is managers sacked because they were the wrong appointments in the first place.

Edited by parsforlife

18 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I'd be disappointed if we don't go up next season, but if we showed progress and had a plan I could live with it.

Preferably we'd have both, but that (probably) isn't realistic.

However, the longer we stay down in League 1 the worse it is for the club.

The club need to decide on priorities. There's little point in having an academy in League 1 for example.

Also, what was the strategy with Grant? What was it with Hughes?! If the strategy is to sign a load of players each window then fine, but if the strategy is to bring through young players then that's yet another metric Grant and Hughes have failed in.

Edited by DA Baracus

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

t’s maybe hindsight but christ I almost long for the days of Crawford.

Totally understand that, due to where we are now but I absolutely hated the shitebag tactics of Crawford. Thought we were a very boring side under him. What he achieved wasn't success in my eyes but what's proceeded him has made him look better.

Problem is who is out there?

Stewart Petrie and Jack Ross are about the only names out there who will excite the fans and neither of them are coming, so who does that leave? Say we appointed a Kevin Thompson, Jim McIntyre, James McPake or Alan Stubbs (trying to think of people who are maybe available and would potentially come here, not for anyone I want). Would they bring an uplift in ticket sales? Can't see it. We'll have our usual 1800-2500 season ticket holders as usual, the vast majority at the moment will keep buying them regardless. It'll be the cost of living that stalls sales more than the manager IMO. If we keep Hughes (and I think we will), there will be a few that decide to not bother and there will be a lot of unhappy fans but the board have painted themselves into a corner here. I don't envy them.

That Dom tweet was a reference to a Republican song, but I think we all can see what he was doing. Steaming after their poxy “fairytale” title victory.

Anyway, we better get an announcement early bells tomorrow. This is fucking torture.

Bouncing back from this gut-wrenching setback will not happen unless things change, and changes from within the Club are already well underway.

Starting at the top, at board level…

Desperately clutching at straws but I’m reading that statement again, looking for any clue he won’t be here. I hope to f**k this is suggesting there’ll be a fair clear out. It would be a bit mad of the club to acknowledge how shit things were last season and talk about all this change that needs to happen, only to keep the same old diddy in charge who was brought in to avoid exactly what has happened.

Like everyone else, I’m shitting mon pantaloons more and more that Hughes is staying. What an absolute mess we’d be in.