Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Edinburgh City up.
Shame Ainslie Park looks absolutely shite and in a pish location. When will Meadowbank be ready?

Meadowbank will be worse than Ainslie Park. Two stands, both at pitch level, with a running track between the stands and the pitch!

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Meadowbank will be worse than Ainslie Park. Two stands, both at pitch level, with a running track between the stands and the pitch!

Yes, but what is the pub situation?

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes, but what is the pub situation?

Used to stay across from Meadowbank House. You've got the Ball Room less than 5 minutes to the east. Up the road towards town it's about a 10 minute walk from the Artisan Bar, which is more of a traditional pub, down to the stadium. The stadium itself will be shite, but it's an easy ground to get to with plenty of pubs. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Used to stay across from Meadowbank House. You've got the Ball Room less than 5 minutes to the east. Up the road towards town it's about a 10 minute walk from the Artisan Bar, which is more of a traditional pub, down to the stadium. The stadium itself will be shite, but it's an easy ground to get to with plenty of pubs. 

Good news

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Edinburgh City up.

Shame Ainslie Park looks absolutely shite and in a pish location. When will Meadowbank be ready?

Look at the good side, EC used Dave McKay at CB for near half the season…the same Dave McKay we haven’t even bothered to try to re-sign…bodes we’ll for your matches against them, maybe.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Edinburgh City up.

Stole this exchange from the EC thread, posted on 8 May:

“Curious Falkirk fan here - if City get promoted, will we be playing you at Ainslie Park or Meadowbank next season?”

Should be Meadowbank, however untill the new stand on the other side is built, the capacity will be capped at 500. I'd imagine if we are promoted there will be a mad rush to get it done.”

Tbh I didn’t mind paying a fee for Turner. Clearly has/had potential at the time of signing and there was plenty competition. Similar to Ryan, just a shame it didn’t work out.
My point was we got no return on him which wasn't the idea when we signed him

Been hearing

absolutely nothing, because the club still haven't told us what is happening. The longer this goes the more worried I am that they'll slither out a statement that Hughes is staying next week some time.

Not to sound like an attention-seeking ‘itk’ w**k but apparently a lot of staff at the club heard that Hughes is staying yesterday when they were in the club office.

I thoroughly hope this rumour is proven to be absolute pish. But the longer the silence from the board continues, the more scared and likely to believe this stuff I get.