Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm sorry but that stat has little relevance to the point you're trying to make. 

The discussion point for our attendances will be the away crowds, with Falkirk being down there that'll soften that blow, while if we're doing well and if we appoint a manager the fans can get behind I wouldn't be shocked to see home attendances rise. 

That's not how severance tends to work at this level. 

Falkirk, OK. But Alloa…Peterhead…Edinburgh City (perhaps)…Montrose…Clyde (at a new home)…that’s half the league drawing under 1000, most under 700, and that’s the available numbers from when both Falkirk and Raith were in the league. Sure, you’ll likely better the away number Raith brought, but Falkirk’s numbers are still down. And what’s Kelty drawing?

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
11 minutes ago, Beachbum said:
If you sack Hughes you could find yourselves paying the salaries of 3 managers for more than a year in the third tier of Scottish football. 

Nah think Grant was a 1 year rolling deal so will be due to stop paying him soon (I fucking hope!)

Where did you hear that?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Falkirk, OK. But Alloa…Peterhead…Edinburgh City (perhaps)…Montrose…Clyde (at a new home)…that’s half the league drawing under 1000, most under 700, and that’s the available numbers from when both Falkirk and Raith were in the league. Sure, you’ll likely better the away number Raith brought, but Falkirk’s numbers are still down. And what’s Kelty drawing?

Kelty would probably bring as many as Rovers have this season.. There will be a big novelty factor with that fixture.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Petrie has said he’d go to a full-time club “if it was the right offer”. You have to wonder if he spoke to his old team mate Crawford and if there have been things that have put him off before. 

SP is contracted until 2025 with us, so he'll be a more expensive option than some, even if he does now feel like a crack at FT. I'd rather he buggered off to you lot than those b*****ds down the A92 in fairness, but would still rather keep him here in case we appoint some utter donkey like the one you've got just now.

(Looking forward to finally visiting EEP next season - hear good things about the catering. The most important part of the day, natch)

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Again, what relevance does it have to us what other teams home attendances are? 

SP is contracted until 2025 with us, so he'll be a more expensive option than some, even if he does now feel like a crack at FT. I'd rather he buggered off to you lot than those b*****ds down the A92 in fairness, but would still rather keep him here in case we appoint some utter donkey like the one you've got just now.
(Looking forward to finally visiting EEP next season - hear good things about the catering. The most important part of the day, natch)

Wee bit harsh. What have we done to you?

53 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Thats nasty, after us loaning you a star player as well 😉 😂😂😂 

39 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Wee bit harsh. What have we done to you?

Didn't mean to be, fully appreciate the pull for the Pars in relation to Petrie. If he was really going to take another job, I guess it would be this one.

Hughes clearly wasn't the answer this season at all for you, 'donkey' is probably being kind.

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thats nasty, after us loaning you a star player as well 😉 😂😂😂 

At least it wasn't HWSNBN....

Edited by Scorge

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Because it’s a pretty solid indicator of traveling support levels?

Some teams take a higher proportion of there home fans away and vice versa, you then also have the distance and Derby factor, Inverness have a higher average attendance than most league one sides but there away support will be pretty comparable. 

You also then need to factor in the teams fortunes impacting the home fans, our home support this year has suffered pretty badly due to the teams fortunes, when we won league one we averaged a bawhair short of 3500, not a massive difference to the 3615 we averaged this year, and that was without Kelty and Falkirk in the league. 

This year Falkirk averaged 3166, despite being utterly honking. 

Our average attendance may well drop, however its going to be nowhere near as severe as what you say. 

I can imagine a fair bit of scepticism from Fleetwood fans. Poaching a coach from a team relegated to Scotland’s third tier will have the ‘my nan’ lot in some state.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

I can imagine a fair bit of scepticism from Fleetwood fans. Poaching a coach from a team relegated to Scotland’s third tier will have the ‘my nan’ lot in some state.

Shh. We should tell them about our top defender, Joe. Theirs for a very modest, reasonable sum. 

As long as this isn't followed by later by "Brian Rice joins Hughes' backroom staff". 

These next few steps for us as a club are crucial. We don't want to spend 3 or 4 years down here like Falkirk have. 

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

As long as this isn't followed by later by "Brian Rice joins Hughes' backroom staff". 

These next few steps for us as a club are crucial. We don't want to spend 3 or 4 years down here like Falkirk have. 

Rice has done quite well at Alloa, I'd probably rather have him than Hughes. He's also just signed a new contract I'm sure. 

31 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Rice has done quite well at Alloa, I'd probably rather have him than Hughes. He's also just signed a new contract I'm sure. 

Even he ended up being effective, Brian Rice being appointed would kill ST sales just as badly as Hughes. The wettest of wet fart reactions would ensue.