Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Flash said:

OT but EA have binned Fifa. I think this is the last year that EA will use the Fifa name.

Yep, hence my post. 

The last time we were on, Paul Burns was probably like a 21 rating. 

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yep, hence my post. 

The last time we were on, Paul Burns was probably like a 21 rating. 

Mind when Paul burns scored the winner at tannadice to put us 3rd in the prem. What a strange but wonderful time 

I mind beating St Johnstone at McDiarmid early on before we’d lost a game and the fans chanting “we are unbeatable.”

Some laugh that was.

Now has to be the time to go for Petrie. The board have failed miserably with their choices.  Go for a guy with a strong managerial track record, plays attacking football, done well in legaue one with smaller resources and very popular with fans. They owe us this one.  Just fukin do it!

Edited by Chubbychops

Now has to be the time to go for Petrie. The board have failed miserably with their choices.  Go for a guy with a strong managerial track record, plays attacking football, done well in legaue one with smaller resources and very popular with fans. The they owe us this one.  Just fukin do it!

It 100% is. I dint want to hear anything about his job outside football!

44 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Now has to be the time to go for Petrie. The board have failed miserably with their choices.  Go for a guy with a strong managerial track record, plays attacking football, done well in legaue one with smaller resources and very popular with fans. The they owe us this one.  Just fukin do it!

It’ll take a big wedge to do that, and with relegation and team woes, why wouldn’t he look to a better placed team?

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’ll take a big wedge to do that, and with relegation and team woes, why wouldn’t he look to a better placed team?

Pars are a bigger club than a lot of current better placed teams? Lots of potential to fullfil and has very strong link to the club.

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Pars are a bigger club than a lot of current better placed teams? Lots of potential to fullfil and has very strong link to the club.

Agree on link, bigger club than better placed is marginal, as he’d be a viable candidate for any top of the Championship job, and so right now potential is not really an easy choice favoring the Pars. The biggest problem is where does the cash come from? ST and ticket revenue will likely fall by at least 50%, there are probably contracts that are badly overpriced for League One and don’t have clauses, and you’ve paid off Grant and Hughes? That’s a problem, eh?

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agree on link, bigger club than better placed is marginal, as he’d be a viable candidate for any top of the Championship job, and so right now potential is not really an easy choice favoring the Pars. The biggest problem is where does the cash come from? ST and ticket revenue will likely fall by at least 50%, there are probably contracts that are badly overpriced for League One and don’t have clauses, and you’ve paid off Grant and Hughes? That’s a problem, eh?

If we appoint a decent manager I don't see St falling by half at all, they were dreadful last year with Grant. 

Get the managerial appointment right and in good time, ST sales could comfortably pass last year’s. Hold on to Hughes (or appoint another fud), however, we’ll struggle to hit 1000.

Hopefully Cook being around for a few months means he’s been able to see what’s gone so horribly wrong at the club and that he can rectify them quickly.

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don't know how much we will be due to Hughes and Grant. Depends on the clauses. It's pure guess work to say they do or don't have clauses. We're going to need a manager regardless if as expected Hughes departs. I also don't know how much the owners will decide to take a hit on to improve their investment.

All speculation. As a mere fan,  I will fantasize about potential replacements and wait to see what happens in reality.

Could Greg Shields be offered the managers job if Hughes goes?

If McArthur was still here I wouldn’t have ruled it out but I really can’t see it happening.

48 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we appoint a decent manager I don't see St falling by half at all, they were dreadful last year with Grant. 

ST might not fall that far, given the recent revelations of just how poor they were. Other tickets will be slashed, with average attendance at the League One level running about 35% of Championship average. Granted, you might hold a higher average percentage, but it’s pretty unlikely given the discontent. A sterling managerial appointment might help, but top choice managers seldom look to manage at that level, and those few that do often have alternative reasons.

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

If you sack Hughes you could find yourselves paying the salaries of 3 managers for more than a year in the third tier of Scottish football. 

No foundation to this though. You don't know what clauses we had. Wishful thinking on your part, if you think we will be paying 3 full salaries.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

ST might not fall that far, given the recent revelations of just how poor they were. Other tickets will be slashed, with average attendance at the League One level running about 35% of Championship average. Granted, you might hold a higher average percentage, but it’s pretty unlikely given the discontent. A sterling managerial appointment might help, but top choice managers seldom look to manage at that level, and those few that do often have alternative reasons.

I'm sorry but that stat has little relevance to the point you're trying to make. 

The discussion point for our attendances will be the away crowds, with Falkirk being down there that'll soften that blow, while if we're doing well and if we appoint a manager the fans can get behind I wouldn't be shocked to see home attendances rise. 

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

If you sack Hughes you could find yourselves paying the salaries of 3 managers for more than a year in the third tier of Scottish football. 

That's not how severance tends to work at this level. 

Nah think Grant was a 1 year rolling deal so will be due to stop paying him soon (I fucking hope!)