Walking Down The Halbeath Road

As said further up you want to restructure from the top down. 

Making this statement puts the new board firmly behind decisions made regarding the "footballing department". No hiding. 

Just now, Stoo61 said:

Scott Broon to Fleetwood Toon. 

Kinda hoping he takes Whittaker with him, could do with the space for a new manager to appoint some fresh faces and I hope Greg is back to Youth development which is clearly where his skill set lies judging by his time in America and the work he did pre Covid.

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Looks like Dom fired upto Dundee after whatever meeting happened today. 

That looks like a terrible photo shop even if it's real.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah, I think the wording of the statement cleverly hints that the manager and/or management team are being sacked, but they can’t actually announce it yet. Could just be seeing what I want to see though.

It’s pretty much a “Look, this isn’t working John. I’m going to stay with my sister for the week and when I get back I want you to have found somewhere else to live”. 

Decent enough statement, although not much in the way of new information.

I'm certain Hughes will be sacked, which is the right decision considering he failed his minimum objective. It is however a club failure when you're looking for your 3rd permanent manager in less than 12 months.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Decent enough statement, although not much in the way of new information.

I'm certain Hughes will be sacked, which is the right decision considering he failed his minimum objective. It is however a club failure when you're looking for your 3rd permanent manager in less than 12 months.

This is a key point. This is why we need to completely gut the club and start again. If we're hanging on to people that have been rotting at the club, your just going to keep that merry go round going and constantly chopping and changing. Complete changes right from the top to the bottom required. 

If that's the way we go about it, which looks likely, we might need to be patient about bouncing back to the Championship, never mind the Premiership, which is where we want to be. Certainly the backing and finances suggest we should be challenging for the Premiership, but we have made an absolute mess of it. Wholesale changes simply have to take place over the summer with a complete rebuild for the next couple seasons.

Stewart Petrie has to be the front runner. An excellent win record with unfavoured Montrose, and would get the fans back onside from the get-go. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

This is a key point. This is why we need to completely gut the club and start again. If we're hanging on to people that have been rotting at the club, your just going to keep that merry go round going and constantly chopping and changing. Complete changes right from the top to the bottom required. 

If that's the way we go about it, which looks likely, we might need to be patient about bouncing back to the Championship, never mind the Premiership, which is where we want to be. Certainly the backing and finances suggest we should be challenging for the Premiership, but we have made an absolute mess of it. Wholesale changes simply have to take place over the summer with a complete rebuild for the next couple seasons.

Stewart Petrie has to be the front runner. An excellent win record with unfavoured Montrose, and would get the fans back onside from the get-go. 

Petrie has said he’d go to a full-time club “if it was the right offer”. You have to wonder if he spoke to his old team mate Crawford and if there have been things that have put him off before. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I hope we stop any chat about Pars being in the Premiership or "back where we belong" etc.

We "belong" in League 1 right now.

We belong in league 1 because our football performances have been dreadful and its where we deserve to be. 

If we were ran competently then there's no reason to say we couldn't be a Premiership club. 

Been a long time since that happened right enough. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

We belong in league 1 because our football performances have been dreadful and its where we deserve to be. 

If we were ran competently then there's no reason to say we couldn't be a Premiership club. 

Been a long time since that happened right enough. 

I totally agree that we *could* reach the Premiership within the next five seasons if the club consistently make good decisions on and off the park.

I was more railing against this prevalent idea that we *should* be in the top flight, when we've spent exactly one season there in the last 15 years. I think most of the posters on here are fairly level-headed tbf. 

Guest Flash
10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We'll never be on an EA Fifa again. 

OT but EA have binned Fifa. I think this is the last year that EA will use the Fifa name.

Aye, whoever is in charge next season can't be coming out with "I'm building a squad to take us to the premiership" ala 2019 Ray Mckinnon.

Can’t remember if it was this thread but I made a similar post the other week.

Just incredibly fucking arrogant to be doing that. I hope we set up a squad that aims to win League One, not talk about promotion to the Premiership etc.