Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, smpar said:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Announcement%C2%A0&ID=13774

A rather underwhelming statement, to start off with anyway. David Cook’s position merges both chairman and CEO. No news on first team management or players. Just a slight restructure of the board.

There’s a glimmer of accountability there.

ETA: Underwhelming might be a bit harsh actually. The Club look to be addressing some of the big issues, Leishman looks like he’ll be used as a catalyst in rebuilding relationships between fans and the club. Meggle will have an active role in footballing issues, and confirmation that news of player and management positions will follow.

It sound very much a shuffling of the deckchairs on an already listing Titanic..

I remember when the Pars were massive alright ok,  a Premier club,   has this been a classic case of managed decline...

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

Aye the replies on Twitter aren’t great. Can’t be arsed looking at the Facebook post - the dot net of social media.

As much as the Club are trying to be open about the current setup, the fans ultimately want to know who the manager is (not) going to be next season, and not so much about the corporate roles and responsibility, at least not until the former is cleared up first.

What kind of business would restructure the level below when the top level is being restructured. 

If anything it would have been weirder to go "the managers away".

... A day later...

3 of the board members are away and Meggle is taking on extra responsibilities and David Cook is now running the show entirely.

If Hughes isn't away it's an underwhelming restructure but at the same time what's the point of chucking the manager when the rest of the machinery stays the same, you are just doomed for failure mark 3.

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

Aye the replies on Twitter aren’t great. Can’t be arsed looking at the Facebook post - the dot net of social media.

As much as the Club are trying to be open about the current setup, the fans ultimately want to know who the manager is (not) going to be next season, and not so much about the corporate roles and responsibility, at least not until the former is cleared up first.

There are zero positive replies on the Facebook post.

12 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Hey, at least people put their names to your club statements. 

Thought this was a positive tbh. 

I get that fans are wanting news on the manager, but that statement in itself isn't a bad one. 

My worry is were now four days past the event, but all those changes were pre arranged, so what's actually happened in the meetings? I think he's staying. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

I don’t see a lot of the current qp team being around next season so I’d imagine there’s going to be a fair whack of money to play around with (hopefully)

Oh, how marvellous ...

I'm not the biggest fan of the board, but I appreciate the apology. It shows a bit more accountablity for the terrible state they have left the club in.

There might still be negotiation on the footballing staff that going to take a few days. I think they did the right thing to at least acknowlege what happened last Saturday, than let things run on in silence.

If they don't bin Hughes I will fukin raging though. Nothing else will be acceptable.

Edited by Chubbychops

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Thought this was a positive tbh. 

I get that fans are wanting news on the manager, but that statement in itself isn't a bad one. 

My worry is were now four days past the event, but all those changes were pre arranged, so what's actually happened in the meetings? I think he's staying. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

So aye, if you reckon the reaction to that was bad, just wait until they announce Hughes is staying. 

I think Hughes will stay, but I don't think they'll announce it and will just let things die down. From what I've read in the Courier, the owners have spoken about long term places and how it'll take time for things to come together re the training centre and the youth development. They've already shown with Peter Grant that they are quite happy to wait an extraordinary long time before making big decisions like changing a manager. 

What kind of business would restructure the level below when the top level is being restructured. 
If anything it would have been weirder to go "the managers away".
... A day later...
3 of the board members are away and Meggle is taking on extra responsibilities and David Cook is now running the show entirely.

If Hughes isn't away it's an underwhelming restructure but at the same time what's the point of chucking the manager when the rest of the machinery stays the same, you are just doomed for failure mark 3.

I’ve no issues myself with this statement coming before one about the players and management, I’m just conscious that fans ultimately want to know about that first and that’s where the frustration will come from.

The board probably couldn’t win here. They *could* have waited until it was all sorted and released one big statement, but then they might just want to be getting a statement out before fans get really impatient.

This statement is fine, fans want to know about all the football stuff too but we know that’s coming very soon.

Unsure what there is to discuss/decide/negotiate with Hughes. He failed in his remit. 

Unless they were stupid enough to not put a relegation clause in his contract or, worse, said that they'd be keeping him on even if we went down.

24 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’ve no issues myself with this statement coming before one about the players and management, I’m just conscious that fans ultimately want to know about that first and that’s where the frustration will come from.

The board probably couldn’t win here. They *could* have waited until it was all sorted and released one big statement, but then they might just want to be getting a statement out before fans get really impatient.

This statement is fine, fans want to know about all the football stuff too but we know that’s coming very soon.

Yeh hopefully the football side is cleared up soon. 

And of course by cleared up I mean the manager getting an exit interview and then being shown the door.

Decent enough statement. Accepted responsibility for the season. As above if it isn’t followed up by news of Hughes leaving, then it’s disappointing.

They can’t release a statement basically saying “we got it wrong” and then keep the manager, can they? Otherwise it’s just empty words and a bit of a fake apology.

Talking about ‘the manner in which the relegation came about’ and ‘standards falling well short’.

The term ‘starting at the top’ also gives me some hope, is that reading too much into it? Probably.

‘Footballing department and squad plans’ being under review, surely means the management team?

Conversations may be taking place to agree terminations etc. and as said, the statement indicates its the beginning of changes. Certainly more optimistic than I was 12 hours ago.

Yeah, I think the wording of the statement cleverly hints that the manager and/or management team are being sacked, but they can’t actually announce it yet. Could just be seeing what I want to see though.

Lip service. Not interested in anything they have got to say at the moment unless it is Hughes getting punted. Still, at least they admit it was mostly their fault and there is a glimmer of hope that Hughes could be punted, but it shouldn’t be taking this long for that to be announced. They really are utterly hopeless.