Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I only saw him a couple of times but he looked good whenever I did. I guess he is the sort of infuriating player that will drift in and out of games but he has a high ceiling and can be a match winner. I guess the balance of the team needs to be spot on for a player like that to thrive so maybe that was the issue, along with Hughes tactics? I certainly have him pegged as a top half championship type of player.

8 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

In what way did the club treat him like a reprobate? The current idiot manager didn't pick him for a few games & the idiot before him thought he was a central midfielder but think it's a bit of a stretch to say he was treated badly by "the club"

I guess it depends if you apportion blame on those idiots or those who employed said idiots.

In what way did the club treat him like a reprobate? The current idiot manager didn't pick him for a few games & the idiot before him thought he was a central midfielder but think it's a bit of a stretch to say he was treated badly by "the club"
I think you answered your own question there....he was played out position, left to kick his heels "needing match practice" after his injury and then dropped again to the bench.

Lawless didnt do much but I partially think that's down to him also preferring the left. Which then makes me wonder why he was on the right and Dow was on the left....Hughes is a fucking dick

Thomas was our only player with an ounce of creativity this season. Injuries aside, I don’t think there was a single justifiable reason for keeping him out the squad/on the bench for a minute longer than was necessary.

Of all the things that have gone tits up this season, I really wouldn’t have Thomas’ ability/influence on the squad as one of the talking points. He should have played every minute he was available, that really isn’t up for debate.

21 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Is this online anywhere? Only really seen it mentioned on here 

If it’s true then that really is a smashing piece of business but I’ll wait til there’s confirmation before getting excited with it 

55FCEC3C-1E1B-458B-909F-F3961722BE3C.png

It would be somewhat surprising if he did sign up with a club before knowing what league they’ll be in. He’d surely find a Championship club no bother, unless of course QP offered a few quid that he wouldn’t get at Morton, Accies or Thistle etc?

Queen's Park can be offering competitive wages I imagine, plus Lesser Hampden and training are closer to his home.

Queen's Park will be challenging for promotion next season if they don't go up this one, even if it's the playoffs again.

I imagine Coyle will be getting a substantial budget.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You'd definitely be worth keeping Thomas for next season, he's torn up League 1 before in a way he isn't able to do at a higher level.

Off to QP unfortunately.

That being said, nobody tore up the Championship this season, as could be seen by the struggle to even find four nominees for POTY.

46 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Queen's Park can be offering competitive wages I imagine, plus Lesser Hampden and training are closer to his home.

Queen's Park will be challenging for promotion next season if they don't go up this one, even if it's the playoffs again.

I imagine Coyle will be getting a substantial budget.

Agreed, I really don’t think Coyle would of joined QP in the first place without assurances regarding a substantial budget. We’re in a fortunate position to offer wages that many championship teams probably couldn’t 

Aye and there’s absolutely no doubt that we’ll be offering a fairly substantial wage to Thomas if it comes to fruition. If Thomas is the level of player we’re aspiring to recruit next season then it should be exciting whatever league we’re in. 

I don’t see a lot of the current qp team being around next season so I’d imagine there’s going to be a fair whack of money to play around with (hopefully)

Edited by qpfc

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Announcement%C2%A0&ID=13774

A rather underwhelming statement, to start off with anyway. David Cook’s position merges both chairman and CEO. No news on first team management or players. Just a slight restructure of the board.

There’s a glimmer of accountability there.

ETA: Underwhelming might be a bit harsh actually. The Club look to be addressing some of the big issues, Leishman looks like he’ll be used as a catalyst in rebuilding relationships between fans and the club. Meggle will have an active role in footballing issues, and confirmation that news of player and management positions will follow.

Took quite a bit accountability and no mention of it being anything to do with the fans, actually impressed at the change in tact[emoji23][emoji23]

Proof will be in what happens over next few days/weeks though.

To say it hasn't gone down well on social media is a bit of an understatement.

Aye the replies on Twitter aren’t great. Can’t be arsed looking at the Facebook post - the dot net of social media.

As much as the Club are trying to be open about the current setup, the fans ultimately want to know who the manager is (not) going to be next season, and not so much about the corporate roles and responsibility, at least not until the former is cleared up first.