Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I don't say this lightly when I say that John Hughes is the last full-time football manager you want managing you when you need to rebuild.  99% of the players he signs are fucking shite.  He's fine when he inherits a good team, which I think he's only done once since the left Falkirk in 2009.

Chairmen need to wake up and realise he's not the guy you want to hire when you've just sacked someone because your team is shite, he's the guy you hire when your manager has been poached for doing well and you have a good team.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’m honestly not convinced we’d have even “won” the league had Covid stopped things a week later than it did. We were up to Peterhead away, where we had an appalling record, Falkirk were due to play at home and we’re only a point behind.

Meh, I was delighted to see it so I won't hear any doubts thank you. 

58 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Hasn't McGlynn only won promotion from the 3rd tier, twice? 

The season where Raith beat Ayr to the tittle (2009 ish?) and the Covid one a few years back. 

I cba checking to see how the managers stack up but Allan Johnston is at least level. 

McCall has done this 4 times, Dick Campbell at least 3 times.

On 07/05/2022 at 18:45, DAFC. said:

Oaft, your life must be utter shite then.

Wait, it's not just me who spends every Saturday night at home with a bottle of wine and a takeaway and the Falkirk thread on auto-refresh on the big telly, is it?

Going to go multi screen for next season and add in walking down the halbeath road 🐝

Edited by Lex

Thank f**k Cook is coming in. I’d have absolutely no faith in the current setup to make any kind of inspired appointment (assuming Hughes is punted firmly out of KY12). It leaves us with some kind of hope that we’ll actually see some positive changes within the club soon.

How much power will he have in making those decisions?

42 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

McCall has done this 4 times, Dick Campbell at least 3 times.

Dick Campbell did cross my mind, I could think of twice when he'd done it (Partick and Arbroath, was he at Brechin aswell?) 

That's some amount for McCall, the Ayr twice and yourselves I'd imagine? Can't think of the fourth. 

This was fun. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Dick Campbell did cross my mind, I could think of twice when he'd done it (Partick and Arbroath, was he at Brechin aswell?) 

That's some amount for McCall, the Ayr twice and yourselves I'd imagine? Can't think of the fourth. 

This was fun. 

McCall also did it with Clydebank in the 90s- You're right re Campbell- won promotion to second tier with Brechin

OOOFT, you spent part of your evening on a Pars thread scrolling back to July [emoji106]
Classic wee team behaviour tbh.

[emoji38] OOOFT, I’m up to the end of August now and the tone has changed dramatically, amazing how things change in the space of a month

[emoji38] OOOFT, I’m up to the end of August now and the tone has changed dramatically, amazing how things change in the space of a month
The writing was on the wall for a lot of us that early on. And the Hughes appointment didnt change all that much either

39 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

emoji38.png OOOFT, I’m up to the end of August now and the tone has changed dramatically, amazing how things change in the space of a month

Are you actually really doing this? Going through a year's worth of posts on a thread of a team you don't even support? That's next level stuff.

40 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

emoji38.png OOOFT, I’m up to the end of August now and the tone has changed dramatically, amazing how things change in the space of a month

November after beating Killie - "In McGlynn we trust"

January after signing Goodwillie..............need I go on?

55 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

Sadly, the wee team will seemingly always have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Pars. Even when we're utter shite, the fixation on Dunfermline Athletic is unmoved.

I remember joining my mate for a Raith Rovers vs Ross County game in Second Division/League 1 and other than the classic Geordie Munro, every song involved the Pars in some way. A pitiful experience for all involved.

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Sadly, the wee team will seemingly always have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Pars. Even when we're utter shite, the fixation on Dunfermline Athletic is unmoved.

I remember joining my mate for a Raith Rovers vs Ross County game in Second Division/League 1 and other than the classic Geordie Munro, every song involved the Pars in some way. A pitiful experience for all involved.

Bless them, that's quite sweet.