Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That’s why I’m not too fussed (honest!) about going down as we can hope to be in the mix with some good recruitment. Hopefully McGlynn’s best years are behind him. KT at Kelty impresses me as he speaks much more honestly that normal Scottish football faces. His dirt on John Collins was gobsmacking.

What was that about Collins?

12 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

I've heard Yogi's got his name down for one of the first houses to be built on East End Park. Is there any truth in this rumour? 😉

The wee team big hitters come up with some cracking content but their jobbers have absolutely no patter at all.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The Board were reluctant to sack Grant ffs. They've still yet to accept - publicly at least - that it wasn't a good appointment.

Well no of course not. And you'll never know now because you never gave it time to find out.

Alright everyone, apologies the timing of posting this is brutal but I had Joe Cardle on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Clearly loves the Pars and enjoyed his time at the club. Hope everyone enjoys 👍🏻⚽

Youtube: 

Spotify: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-joe-cardle/id1570371231?i=1000560057374

Cheers

Ross

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What was that about Collins?

Thomson said he’d be literally shaking with fear in the morning when he saw then manager Collins (Thomson was a Hibs player along with Brown et al) drive in. Collins would make him and other young players file into his office in just their pants. Collins would then essentially body shame them and tear strips off them and show off his physique (these are scrawny wee kids and he’s old enough to be their dad). Sounded pretty traumatic for them. Footballers and managers don’t tend to say anything other than bland stuff about each other and I thought it was quite brave of him to open up about it.  

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Thomson said he’d be literally shaking with fear in the morning when he saw then manager Collins (Thomson was a Hibs player along with Brown et al) drive in. Collins would make him and other young players file into his office in just their pants. Collins would then essentially body shame them and tear strips off them and show off his physique (these are scrawny wee kids and he’s old enough to be their dad). Sounded pretty traumatic for them. Footballers and managers don’t tend to say anything other than bland stuff about each other and I thought it was quite brave of him to open up about it.  

What so no one else stands in their managers office in their pants every morning? 

I’ve just skimmed the last couple of pages, read this post and thought it was some big weird joke.

Fucking brutal if true.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

I’ve just skimmed the last couple of pages, read this post and thought it was some big weird joke.

Fucking brutal if true.

Oh no joke. Scott Brown ended up going to the chairman and on Sportsound to complain/basically say the players had had enough of the manager but didn’t go into specific details in front of the press. 

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Thats utterly horrific. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I do wonder if he'd have gotten away with that sort of shit now, for as long as he did at Hibs back then. Absolutely mental stuff. 

He eventually prompted a player revolt, which produced this iconic interview. 

Edited by Michael W

Bloody hell. How has nothing ever been done about this? Was there ever an investigation? How is he still getting jobs in football and the media with these allegations being made?

28 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I do wonder if he'd have gotten away with that sort of shit now, for as long as he did at Hibs back then. Absolutely mental stuff. 

He eventually prompted a player revolt, which produced this iconic interview. 

That interview was right after we had drawn with Hibs in the semi final, beat them in the replay with a lovely McIntyre panenka penalty

23 minutes ago, smpar said:

Bloody hell. How has nothing ever been done about this? Was there ever an investigation? How is he still getting jobs in football and the media with these allegations being made?

Shocking to think that the British Broadcasting Corporation would ever shield someone accused of this sort of abuse.

Todorov and Wighton will cause a lot of teams problems. Even if teams handle them well, you still have O’Hara, Thomas, Dorrans, Kennedy to deal with.
We might not win the title but it’s clear scraping 4th will not be acceptable this season.

OOOFT, that aged well [emoji106]

I'm sure there's an open goal episode with Si Ferry interviewing Michael Stewart when he was at Hibs and they were all away on pre season/holiday when Collins was there and the stuff about the six pack etc was mentioned.