Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Who have you got signed for next year?  I'd imagine the drop in income from the Championship to League One will be horrific - ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money etc.  The away crowds in League One and Two will be brutal.

Not convinced away crowds will be much lower on average. We had, at most, 2 away supports over 1,000 this season in our 18 home games. Falkirk will bring more than 1,000 twice next season.

Signed up for next year we have:

Mehmet
Comrie
MacDonald
Todd
Breen
Edwards
Fenton
Chalmers [emoji2961]
Dorrans
Allan
McCann
O’Hara
Todorov
Wighton

Would expect 2 of those strikers to leave. If Hughes is in charge, it’ll definitely be Todorov and Wighton. Hopefully Chalmers has a relegation release clause. We need a full rebuild in the boardroom, management team and playing staff and I’m actually of the opinion that the more people who leave, the better. Of those out of contract, I’d offer something to Pybus and Martin, that’s about it.

Thomas, Donaldson and Stolarczyk won’t play for us in league 1. It’s not worth wasting anyone’s time trying to keep them.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Has to be a completely new coaching team. I love Shieldsy but we need new eyes our our squad and fresh ideas. This has been a disaster.

Scott Brown wants Steven Whittaker to be his assistant wherever he goes, according to the Courier article that linked him to the Rovers vacancy. I don't know if that makes him more or less attractive/likely for the Pars gig. 

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not convinced away crowds will be much lower on average. We had, at most, 2 away supports over 1,000 this season in our 18 home games. Falkirk will bring more than 1,000 twice next season.

Mehmet
Comrie
MacDonald
Todd
Breen
Edwards
Fenton
Chalmers emoji2961.png
Dorrans
Allan
McCann
O’Hara
Todorov
Wighton

Would expect 2 of those strikers to leave. If Hughes is in charge, it’ll definitely be Todorov and Wighton. Hopefully Chalmers has a relegation release clause. We need a full rebuild in the boardroom, management team and playing staff and I’m actually of the opinion that the more people who leave, the better. Of those out of contract, I’d offer something to Pybus and Martin, that’s about it.

Thomas, Donaldson and Stolarczyk won’t play for us in league 1. It’s not worth wasting anyone’s time trying to keep them.

Your away crowds will still be considerably smaller

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Mehmet
Comrie
MacDonald
Todd
Breen
Edwards
Fenton
Chalmers emoji2961.png
Dorrans
Allan
McCann
O’Hara
Todorov
Wighton

They definitely will be.

Scott Brown wants Steven Whittaker to be his assistant wherever he goes, according to the Courier article that linked him to the Rovers vacancy. I don't know if that makes him more or less attractive/likely for the Pars gig. 

To be fair, I think it’s different if the incoming manager particularly wants to work with one (or more) of our existing coaches. I’d be fine with that. The issue myself and, I assume, others(?) have with the coaches staying on is that we seem to be forcing our existing coaches on every new manager.

AJ had to work with Potter (who he replaced as manager).

Crawford came in as coach, then got made manager, so got to bring in his own team.

Grant had to work with Shields and Whittaker.

Hughes had to work with Shields and Whittaker.

I think Dorrans is getting into his coaching badges - sure that was mentioned at one point. So it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up being forced on any incoming manager as a player/coach and/or is lined up to become manager once the next man (or even Hughes?) leaves.

They definitely will be.

They’ll be lower, but I don’t think that will be astronomical, or anywhere near the biggest financial concern. As I say, Falkirk will bring larger support than anyone did this season, twice. The rest will obviously be lower, but QP’s support of a couple of hundred at the weekend was probably in the top 5/6 away supports that we’ve seen at EEP this season. The drop in home crowd will be the bigger concern, along with the prize money you mention. Our new CEO will be taking a salary, which increases costs as well.

However, I’d be really concerned if we end up with such a large squad of players who (you’d assume) are well paid. We have a first team squad of 27 players just now and had 33 (I think?) different players play for us this season. Regardless of the division we ended up in, we should have been already planning to cut the first team expenditure and trim these numbers down. If we stick with Hughes, I fear we’ll end up doing the same again though.

Ambrose, Polworth, Donaldson, Stolarczyk, Thomas and Lawless will be on decent money and will all be leaving. If we also manage to offload 2 high earning strikers and Chalmers, our costs would be cut by a massive amount. Yes, we need to recruit new players. But we won’t be signing players on the kind of money these guys are currently on.

If we haven’t put a relegation clause in Yogi’s contract though, we will be struggling financially for the next 12 months, through our board’s stupidity. Not sure that would be a surprise to many of us though.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I hope your massive crowds enjoy watching Clyde and Peterhead next season x 

Think you have missed the point entirely there chief.

There's a meeting ongoing at EEP today it seems. Hopefully that's them being relieved of their duties as well as the majority of the squad being told to bolt. Probably not though.

Think you have missed the point entirely there chief.
There's a meeting ongoing at EEP today it seems. Hopefully that's them being relieved of their duties as well as the majority of the squad being told to bolt. Probably not though.
If your board do the right thing and spring this jurassic simpleton it will be fascinating to see if the media circus keeps him afloat. I fully expect to see him on Sportscene or some other, chipping in with his "wisdom" and "honesty" but he must surely be finished in the dugouts.

Maybe a new CEO coming in will give us the more radical overhaul we need, rather than choosing to stick with Yogi or taking another wild punt (though as punts go it would be hard to be wilder than two guys who recently relegated teams from the league). 

We were not a laughing stock under Crawford and as an organisation I thought it was pretty poor form to just let him walk away. He struggled dealing with everything under the COVID rules yet still hit his target. If the money and energy chucked at Grant and Yogi had gone into giving Craw a bit of time off, getting him some new coaching staff and backing him with a couple of really decent players then we’d surely have been comfortably around the top 4. 

It felt like McArthur and the Germans bowed to fan pressure and made a crazy, radical change when all we needed was sone tinkering. Jimmy Mac and Bert Paton were given the time to have a few goes at getting out of the league. 

I think we need to look at all the options, Yogi included. Maybe we need a hungry young hands-on manager who will be on the training pitch with the players. Maybe we need a Leishman figure who can inspire the fans and players but under him some excellent coaches. 

We also need to be conscious of the short term and conscious of budgets and focus on the type of player and coach who can dig us out of League One. I’d love to see us raid Kelty for KT and also get a couple of boys like Cardle and Falky on the coaching staff. No offence to the current coaches but they’re a bit dull. We need guys to be inspired to give their all for the management. Scott Brown has made it clear he’d be up for it too and we’d have one serious lot tough winner of a character in charge with him.

Relegation is here and there’s no reason why we can’t get back up at the first attempt one way or another but it will depend on the board. They can back Yogi if financially it’s too big a step to remove him but The Germans would need to get a bit more hands-on and creative on the coaching and recruitment side. I’ve a feeling he’ll be removed though and we can get on with modernising the place. 

I just want a manager that going to be more attack minded. We have been completely toothless under the last three managers. Crawford was a negative manager too.

If we are going to play 1 up top then you need a midfield that will support the attack. We have the most immobile, slow and ponderous midfield I've ever seen. A winger that can't get passed a full-back, I mean Lawless just turns his back and passes back into the midfield 90% of the time.

It's been mind numbingly boring watching Pars over the last 5-6 years.

Edited by Chubbychops

44 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We also need to be conscious of the short term and conscious of budgets and focus on the type of player and coach who can dig us out of League One. I’d love to see us raid Kelty for KT and also get a couple of boys like Cardle and Falky on the coaching staff. No offence to the current coaches but they’re a bit dull. We need guys to be inspired to give their all for the management. Scott Brown has made it clear he’d be up for it too and we’d have one serious lot tough winner of a character in charge with him. 

Would take KT but why are we getting Cardle and Falkingham on the coaching staff? Surely we just get KT's assistant and coach and do it that way instead of filling the dugout with ex players just so that fans feel warm and fuzzy inside. Managers being appointed without their own staff tends not to work. Aye big Ange managed it but he also managed it with about £40mil to spend on players. The next manager we appoint should be coming in with his own team, I love Shields and think Whittaker comes across very well but lets move on.

We're far too easy to get results against, and it's been like that for ages. I can't remember going to EEP thinking "Yeah, we're going to give this team a right good game today" Possibly back in season 2017-18. It's a complete joke.