Walking Down The Halbeath Road

St Johnstone having a shit tonne of money probably helps, and why they qualified for Europe about 8 years in a row.

It isn’t doing them that good this season, I’ll concede.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The mad conspiracy theories are out again!

Apparently the German investors want to sell EEP and trouser the cash, and will be building a small ground in Rosyth to replace it.

Seemingly they've orchestrated relegation and purposely hired Grant and Hughes for this because they knew both were pish and would take us down.

You wonder where such morons get such utter bullshit from. Is it for attention that they make these things up, or do they genuinely believe such pish?

Big Jim at it again?

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

That’s the plot of Ted Lasso. Though in that case the random American who knows nothing about football turns to be a better manager than Grant or Hughes.

ETA, should have had a spoiler warning there, sorry.

The latest is that the investors want to sell East End so that it can be demolished and a Lidl will build a shop on the site from which they (the investors) will somehow profit.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I guess if Hughes goes you’ll be linked with the same sort of names we’ve been linked with. Hopefully you draw the McPake straw.

Nah, he's a championship manager, you can take him. 

Sadly he's exactly the sort of bloke our board will go for, him or Kettlewell. 

Edited by Grant228

15 hours ago, CallumPar said:

On a lighter note, after a summer of Yogi’s recruitment, we could be spoiled for choice in terms of what jobber the P&B Pars sponsor next year @101

Don't tempt me :whistle

15 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

As long as it's not "Choose Hughes" then people will give it a chance. His minimum requirement was to avoid relegation and he failed.

They need to urgently recognise how precarious the current situation is and commit to running the Pars like we're a professional football club. The new training ground and youth academy has real upside but you can't just let things fall apart with the first team and treat the fans like an unwelcome nuisance.

Choose Hughes.

😂😂

Worthy of a treble greenie were such a thing possible.

Nah, he's a championship manager, you can take him. 

Sadly he's exactly the sort of bloke our board will go for, him or Kettlewell. 

Got a feeling we’d take a punt on Scott Brown tbh. He seems to be putting himself out there and the “big club in lower leagues” seems to be the perfect category for someone like Brown looking for their first gig.

I'd take him. Better than the usual merry-go-round, which hasn't worked for us. Let's be honest, Brown is a character who will get respect from players and will have a wealth of contacts for players. Petrie would be the best I think, though. I am not just saying this, but I genuinely think he has took Montrose as far as possible, and a new challenge could possibly suit him next season. 

No doubt get the news through today they have gave Hughes a 5 year deal, knowing this bunch of crooks at the top. 

When Grant/Yogi we’re appointed, I’d have said ‘hell no’ to Scott Brown, or anyone like that. However, I’d be open to it now. Anybody that isn’t called Peter Grant would fill me with more hope than Hughes does. But I’m at the stage of thinking someone has to take a punt on a recently retired player at some point. If he interviews well and seems to have good a good vision for the future and displays an understanding of the club and the job, I’d say someone like Brown is definitely worth a shot. He’s seen these shitebags in training and will be keen to offload the deadwood right away. Get him in and come up with a longer term plan for the club. I’d be more willing to give time to someone like Brown, if we can see what he’s trying to do and see year on year progress under him. If we brought in someone more ‘proven’ I think we’d be expecting instant success.

I also think at least one of our coaches has to go, or we reshuffle things to make Shields head of academy or something - wasn’t he brought here, due to his success with an academy in the US? If our first choice for new manager doesn’t want to work with any of the existing coaches, those coaches have to go. It’s as simple as that. I’m fed up of seeing coaches hang on under multiple managers, until their given a shot to be manager themselves. Even then, we told AJ he had to work with Potter, the manager he replaced. Mental stuff.

Who have you got signed for next year?  I'd imagine the drop in income from the Championship to League One will be horrific - ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money etc.  The away crowds in League One and Two will be brutal.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Who have you got signed for next year?  I'd imagine the drop in income from the Championship to League One will be horrific - ticket sales, sponsorship, prize money etc.  The away crowds in League One and Two will be brutal.

Can't be much worse than this season to be fair. Even Raith struggled to bring much more than 1000. Our crowds are generally poor as well.