Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not scored in our last 4 away games now. That's not bad luck.  It's because the front areas are totally neglected with Hughes tactics.

You’re actually downplaying it. Agree with your post completely. Hughes is not the right man at all. We’ve failed to score in 9 of his 13 away games now, that’s just not good enough. He doesn’t set the team up to win away games at all. Even at home, I’m not convinced he sets the team up to win. He likes garbage possession in defence/midfield and doesn’t seem to come up with any plan to score goals. Goals win games and get fans to turn up, it’s as simple as that. Playing for 0-0/1-0 every week isn’t entertaining at all.

Yeah, all that passing about and going nowhere. Does my head in. Just wasting your own time. Fine, if you happen to be winning. Works at a higher level because players have better control and ping it around. Plus they actually know what they are doing. Pars just seem to run out of ideas.

Arbroath have been the best side I have seen this season, and they keep it simple. It isn't hard at all to take advantage of the players we have, but Hughes is managing to complicate it. 

On 05/05/2022 at 01:12, Cardle is Magic said:

I don't think Hughes can stay tbh, especially if/when we go down. Fans have begun to turn on him and very, very few come back from that.

He'll end up getting punted in October/November anyway so best idea would be to come to an agreement by end of May and get the new man in for start of pre-season.

According to Alan Temple it doesn't look good:

https://twitter.com/alanftemple/status/1522199923948666886?s=20&t=26m44J7k5_uZbnFODoAxnQ7ONVdm0m4enqjO8YkSk8g

33 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yeah, all that passing about and going nowhere. Does my head in. Just wasting your own time. Fine, if you happen to be winning. Works at a higher level because players have better control and ping it around. Plus they actually know what they are doing. Pars just seem to run out of ideas.

All we do is pass it around between the defenders and the keeper before a massive, aimless punt, because teams long ago knew to just press us and force it. We don't have players dropping from midfield for the ball enough. There are occasions where you can see what he's trying and even occasions where it works, and works well, but we just don't have the players to continually play out of defence; they aren't good enough to do it.

4 minutes ago, Islay said:

Horrendous news. Good luck with the season ticket sales. Think the club will be fortunate to shift 2000, and if they do and Hughes stays on, that's probably the new 'hardcore' figure going forward. Well done to the board for decimating the support should that happen.

On 04/05/2019 at 19:29, Shandon Par said:

I think your achievement is more meritorious given some of us needed the helping hand of a hefty points deduction to clinch League One status.

#Merit

On 04/05/2019 at 16:56, AlwaysAPar said:

Don’t want to sound dramatic but this is definitely the greatest day in the history of Scottish football

Up ye

On 04/05/2019 at 16:54, Grant228 said:

I'll be seeing ya. 

FB_IMG_1556377576543.jpg

You will indeed

On 04/05/2019 at 16:48, DA Baracus said:

Enjoy League 1 cuntos!

Likewise bro x

On 19/01/2022 at 11:00, DAFC. said:

Ambrose should skoosh this league. He isn't as bad as people make out. 

On 19/01/2022 at 16:40, LowerLeagueFC said:

Efe Ambrose would be a great addition, has better grasp of English than John Hughes also

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.7b39160b273080b4978804daff377016.jpg