Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, flood said:

I didn’t pay too much attention to the championship last season until we lost against Dundee…

Not trawling..How did you guys end up with peter grant? Always thought it was a crap appointment..Who was manager before and why did he leave or was he sacked?

good luck in playoffs

The board inexplicably thought his (Grant's) team played good football, apparently citing a game where we pumped Alloa 1-4 (our only away win of season 19/20) as the game that convinced them.

When rumours of his appointment began, folk laughed. When he was appointed, season ticket sales dried up immediately and folk were rather unhappy.

Peter Grant was fired in October, having been in charge for 12 league games, winning 0, drawing 7 and losing the rest. We scored 9 and conceded 20.

Stevie Crawford had been our manager, but resigned over the summer.

11 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Did anyone else hear one of the chants from the NW in the second half last night to the tune of the Billy Boys? Get that so far to f**k.

Think I might have started this last night, hadn’t heard it in a while so went for it. 

On 14/11/2021 at 20:58, Stellaboz said:

Does this mean we're no longer a Simpsons meme team?

634349.jpg.97dd47bef707ab8e15079228ce585a95.jpg

Spoiler

I didn't specifically go looking for that, I was looking for the original wave of Simpsons memes and it was too good to pass up. For anyone else who wants a look back at a few belters, they broadly begin here and continue on for a good while. 

Edited by Against The Machine

Should maybe try what Morton done and get a club hero in charge see what he can do. Would rather give Cardle, Falky etc guys like that a chance than the usual merry-go-round of arsehole managers.

19 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

I see id never heard it before at EEP.
From where I was sitting I could hear the tune but couldn’t make out the words. I obviously assumed our fans weren’t loudly fantasising about committing a genocide on an entire people group. But I’d still say it’s a terrible look and wish the tune be binned from the songbook.

I  don’t care if our fans borrow tunes from other clubs whether it’s the OF or anyone else but I see no need to take musical inspiration from bigoted nonsense like the Billy Boys.

That songs been around for years, I used to sing it when I was young, hadn't heard it in a while right enough. 

We also used to sing Build me up buttercup quite allot, tune. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Should maybe try what Morton done and get a club hero in charge see what he can do. Would rather give Cardle, Falky etc guys like that a chance than the usual merry-go-round of arsehole managers.

Crawford?

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Craig Brewster?