Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I totally agree that the 2010/2011 season was of a very poor standard. At no point would I kid myself that it was a sensational Pars team just because we won the league.
My argument is that I've seen so many terrible games of football this season, more than ever before. It's not just that we're bad either; Hamilton (A) and Killie (H) were easily in my Top 5 worst football matches I've ever seen live.

In that 2010-11 season, I’m sure we kept 15/16 clean sheets in 36 games with Smith in goals and Keddie at CB. There is absolutely no way that the quality is currently worse than it was back then. Dunfermline having a shocking season and being near the bottom is probably why you haven’t seen much quality this season, rather than the quality in the league being dreadful.

There were awful games to watch back then too. But games lacking entertainment is more to do with how teams/managers set up, rather than the quality of players/quality of the league. In 2010-11 we had some horrendous games of football, we had two 0-0 draws at home to Partick and neither team ever looked like scoring in either of them. It’s not like boring football matches never happened before. Even in the Premier League in England, boring football matches happen regularly and that’s not due to any lack of quality. But when you have a relatively good season, you tend to remember the good days, rather than the bad. This season, we’ve had hardly any good days, so it’s not too surprising that you remember the bad days quite well.

Also worth noting, that one of the more recent changes to the SPFL (pyramid playoffs) will result in a stronger championship over the next few years, once Cove and Kelty have worked their way up.

I don’t agree every other side in the league has looked shit tbh.  I’d say most teams have a few talented players

I also agree the spfl era 2nd tier has been far better than the end of the sfl.  

There’s only really been Brechin in this time that have stunk the place out, used to be every season you’d know the likely bottom 2 in the summer and by the time the first round of fixtures were played it was confirmed.

You also have teams going up to the premiership and typically doing well. 

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t agree every other side in the league has looked shit tbh.  I’d say most teams have a few talented players

I also agree the spfl era 2nd tier has been far better than the end of the sfl.  

There’s only really been Brechin in this time that have stunk the place out, used to be every season you’d know the likely bottom 2 in the summer and by the time the first round of fixtures were played it was confirmed.

You also have teams going up to the premiership and typically doing well. 

I must have been really unlucky as I don't think I've seen one great performance all season tbh.

Listened to the Walking Down the Halbeath Road podcast with Skerla earlier.

Another tremendous listen. He mentions that Rossi was rather underwhelmed with Fife and was expecting a hero's welcome. Also said he'd love to manage in Scotland one day...

Didn't realise how many games he played for us. Over 200!

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Listened to the Walking Down the Halbeath Road podcast with Skerla earlier.

Another tremendous listen. He mentions that Rossi was rather underwhelmed with Fife and was expecting a hero's welcome. Also said he'd love to manage in Scotland one day...

Didn't realise how many games he played for us. Over 200!

Couldn't listen to more than 5 mins unfortunately. Interviewer got on my nerves.

It’s looking like the play-offs then. Which we will lose, obviously.

Not surprised at all this is where we have wound up. When Grant went I knew myself we would be doing well to finish 8th or higher, given the turnaround required.

An utter shambles. Pound for pound, got to be the worst Pars team most of us have seen, eh?

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It’s looking like the play-offs then. Which we will lose, obviously.

Not surprised at all this is where we have wound up. When Grant went I knew myself we would be doing well to finish 8th or higher, given the turnaround required.

An utter shambles. Pound for pound, got to be the worst Pars team most of us have seen, eh?

14/15 has to be worse. Even the current mob would surely come above 7th in league 1.
But at least that team had a fair few likeable players tho, that would go on to be successful the following season. Reckon we need another clear out regardless of what league we are in next season.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Would rather be in Dunfermline's current position than Ayr's tbh.

If they can't beat an already relegated Queens in a crunch game at home next week then they don't deserve to be in the Championship imo.

I think we will. 

Likewise if Ayr can't beat a Partick side heavily rotated and with both eyes firmly on the playoffs then they deserve to go down, they will though. 

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Would rather be in Dunfermline's current position than Ayr's tbh.

What an utterly bizarre take this is.

You'd rather be relying on results elsewhere going your way than having it in your own hands?

We may still end up 8th but Ayr's position is very obviously the preferable one to have and didn't think anyone would need to make that point.