Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Tbh if we keep up this home form I'd be more confident with the play offs than I would have been 4 weeks ago.

8th would be some laugh, just as well we appointed Grant otherwise we would have won the league ;)

One win in six for Morton and none for Ayr. Even hitting the heights of mediocrity could see us end up somewhere north of 9th.

Looking at our fixtures now, if we lose against yous next Saturday then I’d say we’re fucked. Looking like it’s all on that game as I don’t fancy a win against ICT, QOTS away or Patrick.  Not that I fancy a win at EEP either but even a draw would give us a chance.

Edited by Calayrdonia

5 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Looking at our fixtures now, if we lose against yous next Saturday then I’d say we’re fucked. Looking like it’s all on that game as I don’t fancy a win against ICT, QOTS away or Patrick.  Not that I fancy a win at EEP either but even a draw would give us a chance.

You'll beat Queens surely? Especially if they are already down by then. Although I'd be saying the same about us so I guess it's a moot point.

31 minutes ago, FBadgers said:

i noticed queens beat ayr at somerset in feb, so i guess i get why Ayr wouldnt fancy Qos. 

Also we haven't won there in two decades. 

I have no data for this, but I'm sure that teams with utterly nothing to play for can quite often win against teams with everything to play for. 

We couldn't beat Airdrie when avoiding the play offs back in the admin days. 

I have no data for this, but I'm sure that teams with utterly nothing to play for can quite often win against teams with everything to play for. 
The most Dunfermline game ever.

Think Cowden also beat Hamilton that day, who had nothing to play for (finished 5th and no promotion playoffs at that time) and that put Cowden 2 points above us. If they’d drawn, we’d have avoided the playoffs on goal difference.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Sometimes the players will be relaxed that they can play with the confidence that comes also depends on are they tied down to the club for the next year, or looking to impress or are they offski and frankly couldn't give a hoot?

If we stay up I wonder if we could tempt Andy Considine down to us. His wages would probably at the very very top end of what we could offer mind you. Although knowing Ross County I would imagine Coll Donaldson is on the thick end of £60k a year maybe even more.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

If we stay up I wonder if we could tempt Andy Considine down to us. His wages would probably at the very very top end of what we could offer mind you. Although knowing Ross County I would imagine Coll Donaldson is on the thick end of £60k a year maybe even more.

He wanted a 50% bump on his existing salary at Aberdeen. Based on the fact we're loaded, yeah I think we could. 

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He wanted a 50% bump on his existing salary at Aberdeen. Based on the fact we're loaded, yeah I think we could. 

Yes but he has to be realistic who is going to give him a wage rise at 35? Unless he goes to China, America or the Middle East he's not going to have loads of offers chucking cash at him, I don't think in the games he's played in this year that he's an elite CB for the Scottish top flight.

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It was 50% above the offer he was made, which given age and fact Goodwin said he wasn't guaranteed first team football, was probably a reduction for him. But regardless he was offered a six figure deal so out of our price range. He'll end up at a lesser Premiership team.

Edit: McInness will take him to Killie.

Edited by par-adise

It was 50% above the offer he was made, which given age and fact Goodwin said he wasn't guaranteed first team football, was probably a reduction for him. But regardless he was offered a six figure deal so out of our price range. He'll end up at a lesser Premiership team.
Yeah Killie would be where my money was placed. He may hold off a couple of weeks until they all but clinch the title

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

Yeh that actually seems likely. Euan back to us? :unsure2:

If we are in touching distance for the Ayr game, they could do much worse than make the games 10er for adults and 5er for kids. Under 13s free or something like that to get the place fooking bouncing. Ayr players would shit bricks in a toxic EEP atmosphere.