Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Brown last played for Aberdeen on the 2nd march.  He won’t be 30 days without a game before all signings need completed on 31st march.

You're overlooking the fact it would be very Dunfermline to indeed think we have signed him, play him win and then be stripped of the 3 points.

Players’ image can get a bit tarnished/polarised by playing for Rangers or Celtic. He’s a good lad and has done a huge amount for charity. He’s also someone I reckon players at our level can look up to and relate to. Good move by Yogi even just having him around the place to give the players a boost in training. 

You're overlooking the fact it would be very Dunfermline to indeed think we have signed him, play him win and then be stripped of the 3 points.

Maybe Yogi thought he was one of the emergency loan goalkeeping options, even though he doesn’t have a club to be on loan from?

Players’ image can get a bit tarnished/polarised by playing for Rangers or Celtic. He’s a good lad and has done a huge amount for charity. He’s also someone I reckon players at our level can look up to and relate to. Good move by Yogi even just having him around the place to give the players a boost in training. 

Think he also has (had?) his persona on the pitch, that some fans assume reflects the way he behaves off it. By all accounts, he’s a totally different guy off the pitch and seemingly a really decent guy. Football fans always seem to think that someone being a wind up merchant/competitor on the pitch means they’re an arse in real life, but that’s rarely the case.

Having Scott Brown at the training ground and watching matches can only be a positive. If he can pass on some of his experience/wisdom to our players, they’re certainly not going to get any worse. We lack leadership, which is something he has in abundance. He’ll set a high standard on the training pitch and hopefully lift some of our players a level or two. He’ll also see things from another perspective and likely report back to the coaching staff with his ideas/observations. Again, this can only be a good thing in my opinion.

Not saying Brown being at training is a bad thing if true, but how many folk have been around and have been rumoured to be around training this season?

Grant, Shields, Whittaker, Hughes, Alexander, Rice, Collins and now Brown. Mental again.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not saying Brown being at training is a bad thing if true, but how many folk have been around and have been rumoured to be around training this season?

Grant, Shields, Whittaker, Hughes, Alexander, Rice, Collins and now Brown. Mental again.

Just seems to be a bit of a free for all this season tbh. Those at the top more focused on off-field matters to care too much about what’s happening with the first team.

Having German owners who can’t be here won’t be helping either I’d imagine.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Just seems to be a bit of a free for all this season tbh. Those at the top more focused on off-field matters to care too much about what’s happening with the first team.

Having German owners who can’t be here won’t be helping either I’d imagine.

Aye it's crazy. You'd have hoped that the current board would have said something, but seems not. Hopefully the lad Cook can have a word about things.

Also, Hughes must be ignoring everyone is there really have been so many folk at training, as he’s sticking so stubbornly to his own nonsense. 

Here how goods Joe Chalmers eh

Been very good the last couple of games. Genuinely can’t fault him. I still think he was really poor for a couple of games before that, but that’s in the past and he’s definitely shown us why he was brought in and what he can add to the team. Definitely worthy of praise, after the criticism from myself and others.

Mehmet was also fairly good tonight and Todd at RB seems to work well. Maybe Yogi knows football after all - still wish he’d make subs earlier though…

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Could do with #footballforafiver for the Ayr game on the 16th. 

Even £10 would be decent. It's our last Saturday home game of the season and will obviously be a huge game too. A big crowd inside East End will give the team a boost surely.