Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If Alexander does play tomorrow, can one of my fellow dorks do a rundown of how many players have made competitive appearances for the Pars this season?
I’m going to go for 28 as a guess.

I make it 33 just now, will be 34 if Alexander plays.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dunfermline-athletic-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/1270

We’re on 16 (again, not counting Alexander yet) before you get beyond the defenders [emoji23] 3 keepers, then 13 different defenders and I think, of those 13, only Fenton hasn’t played at CB.

Can't have had many player play over 40 at all.
Another stat question, last time we used 4 keepers in a season?

Think that would be the last time we were in the top flight - Gallacher, Smith, Turner and I’m sure some Spanish guy played the last game.

18 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Think that would be the last time we were in the top flight - Gallacher, Smith, Turner and I’m sure some Spanish guy played the last game.

Bernandez? Bernardo? @Bairnardo

Fucking Turner was as bad as they get, and that's on the back of Chris Sieve ffs.

Aye him.  Waste of money for  guy to sit on the bench.  But the bigger announce of mine is if we'd actually followed spanish naming convention we could have had him down as Casillas,  tho you could see why he might not have wanted to that attention drawn to him 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
On 19/03/2022 at 07:40, CallumPar said:

Last night, we had Thomas, Polworth and Lawless in behind O’Hara and none of them seemed to want to go into the box. They all kept passing it around the edge of the box, waiting for someone else to be the one to make the move, which was really frustrating. We need to try 2 up front, we are desperate now (and have been for weeks) for a win.

We been passing the f**k out of the ball under Hughes but no where near quick enough in getting it forward quickly enough. We allow teams to get organised while we have possession, without them being under too much pressure. It's really frustrating.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

If anyone knows off the top of their head the oldest debutant I'd also be interested I suspect even the war years wouldn't have seen someone in their mid 40s make their first start.

Bobby Geddes played for Dundee at Raith when he was almost 50. 

Obviously he played for the club previously but it was his first (and only?) match in that spell.

4 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I make it 33 just now, will be 34 if Alexander plays.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dunfermline-athletic-fc/leistungsdaten/verein/1270

We’re on 16 (again, not counting Alexander yet) before you get beyond the defenders emoji23.png 3 keepers, then 13 different defenders and I think, of those 13, only Fenton hasn’t played at CB.

Utterly absurd.

On 12/03/2022 at 10:00, Shandon Par said:

Hughes could maybe bring in Scott Brown as player-coach to help dig us out of League One? I thought Grant was a gamble but hoped he’d work out whereas I was pretty sure Hughes would be a huge mistake. 

Glad to see Yogi took note! Training with us. Wonder if we could play him as an amateur?

Edited by Shandon Par

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Glad to see Yogi took note! Training with us. Wonder if we could play him as an amateur?

Could he still do a job for us? I know he played a bit for Aberdeen this season but no idea how "his legs" are. Could teach the younger lads a few things mind.

43 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Could he still do a job for us? I know he played a bit for Aberdeen this season but no idea how "his legs" are. Could teach the younger lads a few things mind.

He could do a job for us by locking Yogi in a cupboard.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

No. He can't play for you this season.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

He can’t sign as a player until the summer.

53 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

He can’t sign as a player until the summer.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No. He can't play for you this season.

The way I understand the regulations is that he can sign as an amateur 30 days after he's played his last game.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The way I understand the regulations is that he can sign as an amateur 30 days after he's played his last game.

You can't play amateurs, or trialists, at Championship level.

Happy to be corrected by @craigkillie or @Skyline Drifter if I'm wrong though.