Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This is absurd tbh. Playing one “striker” does not mean you’re defensive and anyone who thinks we played negatively last night is off their fucking head.
Hughes fucked it by not making changes when they were badly needed. In absolutely no way were we set up not to lose.

Agree with this. We weren’t defensive, our attacking players just didn’t seem to go into the box and stood around it instead. That’s a recurring theme though, so it’s hard to imagine that’s not the instructions from the manager. We set up to win, controlled possession and got into good areas. We’re a team that are clearly low on confidence and seemingly out of ideas. We were good across 2/3 of the pitch. But lacked that instinct in the final third. As I say though, that seems to happen every week.

The manager’s stubbornness to make changes has been a huge flaw. Opponents always make changes much earlier and we often see a huge shift in momentum (see the Hamilton game last week for a fine example). Last night, the midfielders were dead on their feet, but the manager still refused to bring on fresh legs, it’s crazy.

49 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Paton Pars event was excellent earlier 👍🏻

Dick Campbell should be our manager rn.

Unless you’re going to pay him more than he gets from his family business, I don’t see that happening. 

Iain Wilson clearly not impressed with how the Pars handled his injury, judging by his interview in The Courier:

“It’s been a tough year for me,” rued Wilson. “I don’t think the treatment I got at Dunfermline was particularly good.

“Although my body let me down, the treatment let me down as much as my body did.

“I was being told one thing by some people, then another thing from the people at Dunfermline but, ultimately, it’s pointless looking back and dwelling on it.

“It’s in the past for me.

“I’ve just listened to the right people and done the right things, and I’m back to full fitness now.

“It’s been helped by some treatment away from football. It went on for far too long for what the injury should have been.

“It makes it all the more sweet when you are fit, playing and enjoying your football.”

Thought we had a couple of potential emergency options lined-up?

Alexander was a good keeper in his day but he's 44 now and not played in 4 years? Total farce if we end up in that situation. 

Edited by Chubbychops

38 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Alexander was a good keeper in his day but he's 44 now and not played in 4 years? Total farce if we end up in that situation. 

Thing is, he's got loads of experience and age isn't critical for keepers.

Three or four years back Queens played Linfield in the Diddy Cup and they had the ex Man United keeper Roy Carroll in goals and he would have been north of 40 then. Carroll was excellent that day, really steady and made the role look easy - just down to years of top level experience, knowledge of the game, great anticipation and positioning.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

If Alexander does play tomorrow, can one of my fellow dorks do a rundown of how many players have made competitive appearances for the Pars this season?

I’m going to go for 28 as a guess.

I would have thought it would be more than 30 tbh

If anyone knows off the top of their head the oldest debutant I'd also be interested I suspect even the war years wouldn't have seen someone in their mid 40s make their first start.

Thought we had a couple of potential emergency options lined-up?

You're talking about a manager who had to start Ryan Stevenson in goals in a relegation six-pointer a few years ago.