Walking Down The Halbeath Road

51 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s 100% a foul. You can’t barge into the keeper when he’s in the air.

I just don't see it as being that bad, the striker has got up well and he's got as much as a right as the keeper to win the ball surely? It's just utterly weak goalkeeping. 

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I just don't see it as being that bad, the striker has got up well and he's got as much as a right as the keeper to win the ball surely? It's just utterly weak goalkeeping. 

He's got as much right to play the ball,  what he doesn't have any right to do is collide with the keeper in order to do so.

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He hits the keeper first though? You might not be impressed by the goalkeeping on show but I guarantee that gets given as a free kick 99 times out of 100.

21 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

At first I thought it was bad goalkeeping, but in fairness Moyo's arm collides with your goalies' arm causing him to miss a simple take out of the sky. It does look a foul.

In any case, shocking how 2 players let Kai Kennedy get that cross in. 

Ambrose pathetic effort to block that cross min. Lazy fart of a centre back. Martin should be ahead of him.

He's very comfortable on the ball, very good footballer but asking him to be a defender, and he cant be arsed. Right up Yogi's street. As long as you like five yards passes then fuk the rest of your abilities.

Another failure appointment from our useless board.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hughes said the team were 'soft' when he took over.

He's done absolutely nothing to change that. Hamilton's two goals yesterday are a prime example.

Two of his signings, Ambrose and Chalmers are renowned for being soft, both were culpable yesterday. 

He just chats utter, utter shit. Remember how he wouldn't play Gaspuitis because he was right footed and right footers can't play LCB? Bizarrely that isn't a factor now. 

Two of his signings, Ambrose and Chalmers are renowned for being soft, both were culpable yesterday. 

He just chats utter, utter shit. Remember how he wouldn't play Gaspuitis because he was right footed and right footers can't play LCB? Bizarrely that isn't a factor now. 
I always knew that excuse was bullshit and would come back to show him up as a liar.

As for Ambrose, very very weak defending out there.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Was honestly amazed when Dunfermline signed Chalmers. Anyone who had watched him at Ayr would have been able to clearly see that while he has a bit of ability he's slow, lazy and a bit of a shitebag. Why any other team fighting relegation would want him is incredible.

Not sure what he is on at the Pars but he was one of our largest earners. Freeing up that wage in January, allowing for the arrival of McInroy or Dempsey (not sure on arrival timings), may be crucial if we end up remaining in the division. 

Obviously, he's now going to score a 30 yard free kick against us at EEP in a couple of weeks.

Chalmers is a waste of space. First sign of any sort of challenge from an opponent and he just backs off. If he’d been challenging Kai Kennedy for a header on Saturday and Kennedy looked like he might jump, Chalmers would have just stood off and let him win it. Then, of course, he just looked like he couldn’t be bothered tracking his man for the 2nd equaliser. Doesn’t even seem annoyed with himself about it. Since he signed, I’ve seen so many times it’s probably 70/30 in his favour to win the ball and he just stands and watches the opponent get the ball because they actually want it. Worst part is, we’re stuck with him next season too.

Ambrose can read a game well and has his strengths, but he isn’t up for the battle. Yogi’s too loyal to ‘his players’ though. Pybus was our best midfielder and the only one who was up for a battle on Saturday, but he was brought off despite Chalmers being a huge liability and Polworth being knackered. The manager’s putting his personal pride ahead of getting results, we’re on our way down and we aren’t even going to put up any sort of fight.

I rate Donaldson and Stolarczyk. Polworth could be a good signing, Lawless started decent, but has flattered to deceive since. But Dom Thomas should be starting every week - not sure what Dow’s done to be ahead of him in the pecking order. Yogi spent ages moaning about not having him fit, and how that made things tough. Now that he’s fit, he refuses to play him. Can add that to the ‘right footed CB at LCB’ nonsense. He has no intention in playing an attack minded player that will try and take a man on and play killer passes, rather than looking backwards/sideways and prioritising keeping possession over trying to score.

In a League Cup game against Stirling back in 2017/18 Chalmers pulled out of a tackle that was at least 80/20 in his favour. 

This doesn’t surprise me. At least when he’s under no pressure and can get the ball, he’s really good at immediately turning back towards his own goal to find someone behind him to pass it to. That’s always his first thought, rather than looking forward.

Then when he does have to look forward, he looks out of his depth. At Arbroath he managed a great trick, where he looked forward, saw O’Hara making a run and faked a pass so that O’Hara ran in behind the defenders, then played it to him after he had moved into an offside position. Great bit of skill, that really helped the team.

I’ve been critical of Pybus at points earlier in the season, but recently our midfield has been completely useless as soon as he has gone off. He has come onto a game and become a very important part of our play. Pretty much because he’s the opposite of every other midfielder and will battle for everything, chasing down every loose ball and lost cause. Hughes is an idiot though, so he’ll get dropped this week for Dorrans to walk back into the team. Leaving us with a midfield 3 of Chalmers, Polworth and Dorrans, which will undoubtedly be the softest midfield in the league - and our hopes of survival lie with them…

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Charmers has a good game, (where he actually challenges and harries as well as retaining the ball well) around one in every six at best. Not exactly what you need from a central midfielder. 

Don't beleive you. 

In a season of shit he's rapidly become my most disliked player, just epitomises everything that's shit about this team and manager. 

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Don't beleive you. 

In a season of shit he's rapidly become my most disliked player, just epitomises everything that's shit about this team and manager. 

😂 one in six could be generous - I have blanked out large parts of this season and last. When he does attempt to tackle etc, it’s not like he is good at it as his athleticism is horrendous. When he is bad though, he isn’t even capable of completing the six yard passes. But yeah - awful signing and we all knew it! 

He probably had around two or three good performances for us in the first half of the season. 

Edited by No_Problemo