Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If we’re dishing out blame then I don’t think even 10% of it would go to Yogi tbh.
Grant, the Board and the players are the biggest culprits, undoubtedly.
This for me as well. Yogi gets a free pass from me until he's had his Summer recruitment and I'm not even his biggest fan.

Aye, I don't get how anyone could think Hughes is blameless. Brought in a few players on whom the jury is still out, let two of our more solid performers go in Wighton and Gaspuitis, persists with a formation and players who don't fit that system, makes bizarre subs etc. I wasn't keen on him getting the job to begin with so maybe it's a bit of confirmation bias but I don't see too much of a change from when Grant left (the football and personnel are similar to the short Shields/Whittaker interregnum IMO).

This for me as well. Yogi gets a free pass from me until he's had his Summer recruitment and I'm not even his biggest fan.

He’s signed 7 players for us and had Dow at LWB last week and brought on Thomas at RWB. He still seems to have no idea how to use the players at his disposal and tries experiments that get more bizarre each week. He also stuck with McCann for 13 games before accepting that him as a lone striker wasn’t the answer, he’s definitely not deserving of a ‘free pass’. He needs to accept his share of the blame. He’ll have been in charge for 22 league games (over 60% of the season) by the end of the campaign, he absolutely can and should be judged on that.

The board made a huge mistake appointing Grant. Grant then somehow performed even worse than expected and left us with an embarrassingly poor squad. Grant and the board take the majority of the blame. There’s no doubt about that. But Yogi’s decision making has been really poor at various stages and has undoubtedly cost us points. Add in the fact that he’s signed so many players and he absolutely should be judged on how this season goes.

Bizarrely, we were doing better before bringing in his players. In our last win, only 3 starters were brought in by Yogi. We were also 7th after that game. Since his signings have come into the team we have dropped to bottom place and are now 7 points below 7th place. Surely we can’t just ignore that and claim that Yogi can’t be blamed for any of this?

Edit to add: Grant signed 10 players. Yogi has signed 7. I find it mental that some of our fans believe that signing 10 players is enough to destroy a club, but ‘only’ signing 7 still gets you a free pass/isn’t enough to put your own stamp on things.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If we’re dishing out blame then I don’t think even 10% of it would go to Yogi tbh.

50% board, 25% each to Hughes and Grant, they're as culpable as each other. Hughes will have spent longer in the job, and also has brought in more players, there were 2 Grant singings playing on Saturday, Dorrans who Hughes thinks is our best player, and Pybus, who was our best player. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Wait, you’re not going to stick with Yogi if he takes you down are you?

Madness to blame Hughes equally with Grant. Genuinely baffling.

Grant took over a side that had just finished in the Top 4 and were second favourites for promotion while Hughes took over a side that nearly every Pars fan had completely given up on.

Has he done a great job? Not really and if we go down then he’s clearly failed. Lumping him with Grant is just nonsense however.

Madness to blame Hughes equally with Grant. Genuinely baffling.

Grant took over a side that had just finished in the Top 4 and were second favourites for promotion while Hughes took over a side that nearly every Pars fan had completely given up on.

Has he done a great job? Not really and if we go down then he’s clearly failed. Lumping him with Grant is just nonsense however.

Nah they're both utterly shit. 

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Well argued sir, good points well made.

I made them in the previous post.

Grant was shit, really shit. But on the same basis that we finished fourth last season and were shit, Hughes took us over 11? Games into the season and we've had scant improvement. 

Just because Grant was shit doesn't mean that anyone who comes after him is given a free ride pass, if Grant was so shit then a competent manager coming in must surely make us look better? 

Hughes could maybe bring in Scott Brown as player-coach to help dig us out of League One? I thought Grant was a gamble but hoped he’d work out whereas I was pretty sure Hughes would be a huge mistake. 

In relative terms, looking at the distance from safety, Hughes is worse than Grant. I just didn’t see how guys who wanted to play for Crawford would respond to someone like Grant and then Hughes. I’d be more inclined to go with stability and let him build a squad who want to play for him and he’d probably get us back up at the first attempt.