Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Make no mistake, if we go down it'll be a fucking dire season and we'd be doing well to keep up with Kelty, Airdrie, Montrose etc who have built their respective teams and built on their respective success for a few seasons. It'll be another Falkirk situation unless we, somehow, get absolutely everything spot on. 

We were averaging 3500 last time we were in the seaside league, but the circumstances were a lot different then. 

I think that was the year we win the league (and perhaps when we started counting season ticket holders regardless of attendance?). 2014-15 our average attendance was 2,523. Our lowest home attendance for a league match that season was 1,574.

2015-16, when we won the league, our lowest attendance was 2,361, just 162 lower than our average from the year before. It’s not ridiculous to suggest our crowds will drop significantly if we don’t come straight back up. I think it’s quite obvious that if we start winning games and competing for promotion, fans will return/keep going. But if the board continue to disregard the footballing side of things and get those decisions wrong, attendances will be dreadful.

The fans’ mood is also very different with this relegation than it was last time. Last time, we were fighting to save to save the club and there was a real connection between the new board and the fans. This time, the club have been getting it wrong on the footballing side of things for a few years and many of the fans are feeling disillusioned and really disconnected from the club. It won’t take long at all for attendances to fall fairly drastically.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Realistically no-one knows what will happen if we go down. All predictions are a waste of time.

This site should just shut down then tbh because our opinions on the games, managers, players etc have virtually no impact.

There was no point in your post or my reply. What a waste of time.

5 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Realistically no-one knows what will happen if we go down. All predictions are a waste of time.

Yeah, opinion shut down is the way forward for a football forum.

Edited by Chubbychops

21 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Make no mistake, if we go down it'll be a fucking dire season and we'd be doing well to keep up with Kelty, Airdrie, Montrose

21 hours ago, DAFC. said:

It'll be another Falkirk situation

Jesus, that's not what i was getting at in any way shape or form. I was only reacting to the poster above who seems to already be certain we will definitely struggle against Airdrie & Montrose etc next season. Just seeking a bit perspective that's all. 

Not what I meant but you knew that.

But isn’t that quite literally what you did? “All predictions are a waste of time” isn’t saying you disagree with the post above yours. It’s just shutting down all opinions/predictions.

I don’t think your post would be getting the same reaction if you had given another perspective, or explained why you disagree, rather than coming to a football forum to post about predictions being a waste of time.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

But isn’t that quite literally what you did? “All predictions are a waste of time” isn’t saying you disagree with the post above yours. It’s just shutting down all opinions/predictions.

I don’t think your post would be getting the same reaction if you had given another perspective, or explained why you disagree, rather than coming to a football forum to post about predictions being a waste of time.

I thought it was obvious what my "other perspective" is. I disagree with posts like the one before mine that said next season was a write-off. That was all.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Morning lads. What has happened to your lot this season? I haven’t been paying attention to The Championship recently and thought Queens were doomed. Looked at the table this morning and well, you know what it shows. I had no idea Dunfermline were in such dire straits. 

Edited by CambieBud

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

Morning lads. What has happened to your lot this season? I haven’t been paying attention to The Championship recently and thought Queens were doomed. Looked at the table this morning and well, you know what it shows. I had no idea Dunfermline were in such dire straits. 

Well, here we are.

Peter Grant happened. A winless league campaign that should have ended a few games in when it was apparent he was completely out of his depth. 

Hughes hasn't exactly got us motoring on either, but at least there's a small glimmer of hope. We do have some good players but I just don't know if there any good as a team. 

Around 8 combinations of centre backs (more if you include now goalies) has also been a huge problem. No team can seriously look to gel together unless they have a stable core and we've been forced to throw around different people at centre back: Ross Graham, Aaron Comrie, Mark Connolly, Gaspuitus, Lewis Martin, Breen, Leon Jones, Donaldson and Ambrose. I feel like I've missed one. 

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

We are lulling everyone...every other team is being successfully and roundly lulled. You'll see, I'm not saying when....but you'll all see!

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Well, here we are.

Peter Grant happened. A winless league campaign that should have ended a few games in when it was apparent he was completely out of his depth. 

Hughes hasn't exactly got us motoring on either, but at least there's a small glimmer of hope. We do have some good players but I just don't know if there any good as a team. 

Around 8 combinations of centre backs (more if you include now goalies) has also been a huge problem. No team can seriously look to gel together unless they have a stable core and we've been forced to throw around different people at centre back: Ross Graham, Aaron Comrie, Mark Connolly, Gaspuitus, Lewis Martin, Breen, Leon Jones, Donaldson and Ambrose. I feel like I've missed one. 

Watson!

Edited by FBadgers