Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Its going to be an Allan and Todd midfield. 

If Hughes stays, I reckon he’d persist with that again as much as possible during preseason.

Get Callum Davidson in when he inevitably gets punted from/leaves St Johnstone.

On 06/03/2022 at 23:13, CallumPar said:

Just checked - do you maybe mean Scott McGill? Gabby McGill is an ex Pars striker who barely gets a game for Airdrie now and only played 16 minutes of football against Cove this season. He has only made 4 appearances since the start of November as far as I can see.

To be fair, I don’t disagree with your point. I think that there are many examples of players looking great in some systems/teams and useless at others. I also think we will struggle in the playoffs, if we somehow manage to not finish bottom of the league.

To be fair to @CoveRangers1922, Gabby McGill has actually been pretty good for Airdrie. He's struggled to get a consistent run in the team, we have quite a few forwards and he's picked up injuries anytime he's started to look like he's hitting form, but he's been a good option for us and seems pretty popular at the club. We started the season playing him as a right winger, he's clearly not a wide player at all but weirdly he was quite effective there, getting on the end of long diagonals and scoring a couple of goals. Since then he's generally played as a striker but hasn't really had a consistent run of games, he scored two good goals in an abandoned game at Clyde in December before injuring himself while scoring the second. He's only just back from that but he scored on his first game back against Clyde again. If we manage to win promotion then I'm not convinced he'll cut it in the league above but he's been a lot better for us than I expected.

Wighton will be off to Arbroath surely if they get promoted. Todorov and maybe even O'Hara have barely played so doubt if relegated they will want to stay. Maybe not even wanna stay in championship for us if Hughes stays

If relegated i can imagine, McCann, Todd, Allan, Fenton and Edwards maybe being happy to stay, beyond that i would have doubts. The rest will either not feel have had a fair crack of the whip or not want to drop below champtionship level.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Don't know what we've got to do to to win a few games under Yogi Shoos. I'm no tactician or a betting man, just a mere supporter.

If we go down, I mean if we do, I will definitely cut the amount of interest I have in the club next season. I will be pursuing other interests and I think that will also include a few other fellow Pars fans.

There's a disconnect that's been growing for some time, partly due to the Covid-19 situation but also the clubs attempts at fan engagement have been poor. The choice of Managers have been also been poor. Now we've got to rebuild considerably next season regardless of what ever happens.

What could potentially limit the damage if we do go down, is go out and get Stewart Petrie, I mean really have a go at getting him, that could be the key to a resurgence for us. 

45 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Don't know what we've got to do to to win a few games under Yogi Shoos. I'm no tactician or a betting man, just a mere supporter.

If we go down, I mean if we do, I will definitely cut the amount of interest I have in the club next season. I will be pursuing other interests and I think that will also include a few other fellow Pars fans.

There's a disconnect that's been growing for some time, partly due to the Covid-19 situation but also the clubs attempts at fan engagement have been poor. The choice of Managers have been also been poor. Now we've got to rebuild considerably next season regardless of what ever happens.

What could potentially limit the damage if we do go down, is go out and get Stewart Petrie, I mean really have a go at getting him, that could be the key to a resurgence for us. 

It's hard to bring yourself to go watch this shite on a Saturday,  I had a couple of seasons without a season ticket recently and this season has totally killed any buzz I had to get back and watch the Pars and I've been there in the L1 seasons when it was grim to watch. I actually find myself not that arsed about going to EEP and hardly even check results since my expectations are so low and it'll just piss me off seeing us get gubbed again.

I feel a disconnect from the club and it really annoys me that we'll more than likely be playing in L1 next season due to more poor decision making from above. It really will be hard to bring myself to go and support a piss poor squad after years of working our way back up

16 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

It's hard to bring yourself to go watch this shite on a Saturday,  I had a couple of seasons without a season ticket recently and this season has totally killed any buzz I had to get back and watch the Pars and I've been there in the L1 seasons when it was grim to watch. I actually find myself not that arsed about going to EEP and hardly even check results since my expectations are so low and it'll just piss me off seeing us get gubbed again.

I feel a disconnect from the club and it really annoys me that we'll more than likely be playing in L1 next season due to more poor decision making from above. It really will be hard to bring myself to go and support a piss poor squad after years of working our way back up

Pretty much how I feel. Years of poor decisions has finally caught up with the board. There will be plenty like us. The football has been utter turd for years. Can't even go to EEP and expect them to at least be competitive. We've been a soft touch for quite a while and the off field decisions combined with that have meant that going to EEP has been more of a slog than a good day out. 

If we do go down, our attendances could be incredibly embarrassing and potentially go the way of teams like Airdrie, Clyde etc if they don't rectify this dire situation immediately. Depressing times. 

Yet more evidence against Peter Grant and yet more evidence that it was a fucking abysmal decision to appoint him and yet more evidence that those who made said decision are absolutely clueless in that area.

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ross Graham called up for Scotland Under 21s.

Seeing as the lad is getting international recognition, playing really well for United in the Premiership and seemingly had a good spell with Cove, I’m gonna blame us for him being shite at EEP.

There's been plenty of absolute dross called upto the u21s tbh. When I watched the Rangers game a few weeks back, he did score but then he also should've given away a couple of penalties with poor defending, all credit to him for getting a game in the prem but it wasn't like he was transformed as a player, he still made bad mistakes, they just weren't punished. 

He'll go down as quite possibly the worst cb I've seen at EEP, Urquhart levels of diddy.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Pretty much how I feel. Years of poor decisions has finally caught up with the board. There will be plenty like us. The football has been utter turd for years. Can't even go to EEP and expect them to at least be competitive. We've been a soft touch for quite a while and the off field decisions combined with that have meant that going to EEP has been more of a slog than a good day out. 

If we do go down, our attendances could be incredibly embarrassing and potentially go the way of teams like Airdrie, Clyde etc if they don't rectify this dire situation immediately. Depressing times. 

For what it's worth, if Dunfermline were to go down, surely it would be quite a while before the attendances dropped to the levels of the clubs mentioned?

How many seasons were you lot in the 3rd tier last time round? 3 seasons? And your crowds were still relatively strong (especially for that level) from memory. I may be wrong though. 

Aye the crowds were still actually quite strong even the season we finished 7th. Was a bit of a different feel around the place at the time despite the much served up on the park.

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

For what it's worth, if Dunfermline were to go down, surely it would be quite a while before the attendances dropped to the levels of the clubs mentioned?

How many seasons were you lot in the 3rd tier last time round? 3 seasons? And your crowds were still relatively strong (especially for that level) from memory. I may be wrong though. 

We were averaging 3500 last time we were in the seaside league, but the circumstances were a lot different then. 

Last time in L1 we were still recovering from near extinction and it very much felt like starting from scratch. We’d only been relegated because of a points deduction and financial chaos.

People forget that the season before the disastrous 7th place finish, we would have won the title comfortably if not for Sevco uniquely being in the division.

There’s no excuse this time out; if we go down then it’s purely down to incompetence on the park and in the dugout. There may be a bit of excitement about potential of winning some games but just look at Falkirk for how bad things can get.

Edited by Cardle is Magic