Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Of course Morton won tonight. 8th place is a very, very big ask now. The teams around us are simply doing that bit more than we are ie not drawing every second week and beating the “better teams”

Unless we can buck that trend and start winning majority of our games, it’s looking like 9th place at best.

IMG_0683.jpg

Six points off 8th, albeit with a game in hand, but with a worse goal difference. We simply need to win games, something we've struggled with all season (which of course is why we're in this position). We have to win the games against Ayr, Morton and Queen of the South. That won't be enough though. We need to win even more than that.

Scoring is still a huge problem. We're the lowest scorers in the league. The way we often play remains a huge issue. There are too many useless punts up the pitch. I keep saying it, but we need to play the ball through the midfield more and try to get it wide more and create chances. Teams must laugh when they see us persist with playing it to Comrie or Edwards from the keeper, because every single team knows to immediately pressure them as it will force them to aimlessly smash it up the wing, losing us possession, every single time. 

When we do somehow get the ball it often results in a smash up the pitch for McCann, who might win a header, but it's pointless since there's no one around him. It's garbage, damaging football too often.

Yet we've shown on occasion that when we can play the ball and get it wide we will make chances, which makes it even more frustrating that we do so enough. How often have we scored from the abysmal long ball caveman stuff? 

We need to go in to every game now treating it as a must win, that starts on Saturday. We can’t be risking our Championship status in a play-off situation, as we’ll make an arse of it.

Cannot believe this is the situation we find ourselves in. Kilmarnock are chasing the title, and have clearly the best team in the league, so no big pressure at all on Saturday! Not been much between the sides when we have played mind you.

We could either get a vital win and other teams do us favours which sees us in a much better position, or we lose and the exact opposite happens, we find ourselves bottom, and 9 points behind true safety. Think it’s curtains tbh if that is the case, which seems the more likely to happen. Or of course we draw for the trillionth time this season and still fester away.

We need to win the 3 games v Ayr, Morton and Queens. That gets us 9 points. 

We need to beat the Rovers, who are in a poor run of form, but it's a Derby so who knows. But that would get us to 12. 

So we still need another win (Partick?) and even then those 15 points might not be enough. 

So aye, we need something from Saturday and probably Arbroath away to even be in a decent position let alone safe. Mental.

Alright folks, I had ex Pars gaffer/assistant Dick Campbell on my podcast this week. Discusses all his tales in management and some brilliant stories. Speaks really well about his time at the Pars. Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback or follows/shares on Twitter or Instagram which is @headitpodcast would be greatly appreciated. All the best for the rest of the season👍🏻⚽

Youtube: 

Spotify: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-dick-campbell/id1570371231?i=1000551873654

Cheers

Ross

2 hours ago, rossd98 said:
Alright folks, I had ex Pars gaffer/assistant Dick Campbell on my podcast this week. Discusses all his tales in management and some brilliant stories. Speaks really well about his time at the Pars. Hope everyone enjoys, any feedback or follows/shares on Twitter or Instagram which is @headitpodcast would be greatly appreciated. All the best for the rest of the season[emoji1303][emoji460]️

Youtube: 
[/url] Spotify: 
Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-dick-campbell/id1570371231?i=1000551873654
Cheers
Ross

Good stuff, love hearing about Dick's time at Dunfermline.

Edited by Stellaboz