Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What a drama queen.

We have shown absolutely nothing all season to suggest we are a Championship team. I don’t see how that miraculously changes at this point. Would gladly be proved wrong.

On 19/02/2022 at 17:02, DA Baracus said:

It's looking grim.

Screenshot_20220219-170100_Opera.thumb.jpg.6e15aa0ad6411cf4cb362963a2aa3d4c.jpg

But there are still 11 games to go.

Queens also have 11 games to go, a possible 33 pts. Sounds very doable when you think of it that way, but having amassed a magnificent 4 wins from 25 to date, that certainly ain't happening is it? If we could take say 16 of those 33 points, almost 50%, then we'd reach 36 points which is still usually not enough for safety. However, even that would need say 4 wins and 4 draws from the 11 games left which is a tall order from where we are now. Pars 3 pts advantage doesn't look much but I'd rather be where you are just now.

Ayr and Morton would need to screw up badly now, so looks like us battling for the trap door play off spot.

Hamilton and above can already get the cigars out now.

19 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We’re absolutely fucked. We need to go on a mad winning run to have any hope. Isn’t happening.

The hierarchy need fucking chased out of Dunfermline for allowing this.

We're not "absolutely fucked". 1 win pulls us right back into the mix. 

We're kidding ourselves if there is going to be any miraculous change in form and get any higher than 9th now. Ayr and Morton, especially, would have to f*ck up and we get jammy wins, that's our only hope. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We're kidding ourselves if there is going to be any miraculous change in form 

We don't need a miraculous change in form, we've won 2 & drawn 2 from our last 5 games, losing only to Kilmarnock.

Obviously it won't be easy but if we keep that going we'll finish at least 8th. 

I'm strangely optimistic about our chances but maybe it's because we've not played at the weekend and missing it a bit.

We've got some great players in Lawless, Dom and Dorrans. Hughes simply has to find a way of getting our best players involved as much as possible. A couple more defeats in a row could spell utter disaster.

Killie at home is winnable.
Arbroath aren't the Arsenal invincibles, they're vulnerable. We've got Rovers to play at some point who are on a tailspin downwards.

It's more than doable, but time is running out to drag ourselves away from this.

I hadn't realised we were still to play Partick twice, however we also have Ayr, Morton and QoTS at home. 

I don't think being four points behind in this division is enough to yeet in the towel tbh. 

It’s not. Morton have hit their first real speed bump under Imrie and it’ll be interesting to see how they recover from that especially when he’s not on the touch line for the next few games.

We’ve turned a corner of sorts with our last two games but that’s not to say I’m fully confident we’re safe. Nowhere near it in fact. If we can beat QOS on Saturday then I’d maybe say we won’t finish bottom but we still need to play yourselves and Morton so there’s plenty of chances for us to get dragged back down to 9th.

19 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

£830,000 in cash reserves too.  Unreal that we've managed to do that.

Most Championship clubs have made a profit last season main reason was  the £500,000 from the Scots Gov.

Think you will find most will make a huge loss this season 

48 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Most Championship clubs have made a profit last season main reason was  the £500,000 from the Scots Gov.

Think you will find most will make a huge loss this season 

We've obviously spent £300,000 plugging the hole caused by a lack of crowds, even if we do post a loss this season it won't be too dramatic, provided we stay in the championship.

7 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

We don't need a miraculous change in form, we've won 2 & drawn 2 from our last 5 games, losing only to Kilmarnock.

Obviously it won't be easy but if we keep that going we'll finish at least 8th. 

Take that form and we get 16 points + whatever we get from the extra game.  That has us on 39 points,  that will be tight for 8th, but hopefully enough.