Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 15/02/2022 at 19:28, Grant228 said:

We can win the Fife Cup. 

I rate that higher than the challenge Cup. 

🤣

oh you were serious?

Get a grip, you would get battered by Kelty!

On 16/02/2022 at 00:45, Cardle is Magic said:

The Challenge Cup means absolutely nothing, which is why it’s called a diddy cup. Couldn’t really care less whether someone else thinks that’s condescending or not tbh.

The ridiculous inclusion of reserve teams, English non league sides and even having joint winners were really just a case of flogging a dead horse.

I was totally unaware the competition was still running so I’m taken aback to hear Killie are playing Rovers in a semi-final.

The inclusion of foreign teams and youth teams further devalued an already poor tournament I'll agree, I wouldn't say condescending (petty maybe) but I still find it amusing how many fans of teams who haven't won it so vehemently dismiss it, when the Pars got to the final against St Johnstone at Dens in 2007 there were over 6000 fans there, just out of curiosity were you one of them? Did over 2000 (I'm guessing) Pars fans all think it was a Diddy cup then or did they go home disappointed? Not surprising if they did really as unless you are nearing retirement age the only cup that the Pars have lifted in memory is the Fife Cup.

By the way did I mention I've seen the Rovers lifting the Scottish League Cup against Celtic and beating Sevco in the Diddy cup too?

13 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

🤣

oh you were serious?

The inclusion of foreign teams and youth teams further devalued an already poor tournament I'll agree, I wouldn't say condescending (petty maybe) but I still find it amusing how many fans of teams who haven't won it so vehemently dismiss it, when the Pars got to the final against St Johnstone at Dens in 2007 there were over 6000 fans there, just out of curiosity were you one of them? Did over 2000 (I'm guessing) Pars fans all think it was a Diddy cup then or did they go home disappointed? Not surprising if they did really as unless you are nearing retirement age the only cup that the Pars have lifted in memory is the Fife Cup.

By the way did I mention I've seen the Rovers lifting the Scottish League Cup against Celtic and beating Sevco in the Diddy cup too?

No but you did sign a rapist. Off you pop...........

Aye you've also seen your team sign a rapist, jog on.

Nah, keep the Challenge Cup, but bin the Premiership B sides.
Would love to see us win it. We aren't winning either of the two big cup competitions. We are currently a diddy team, so we fit right in with a 'Diddy Cup' (I don't agree it is incidentally).
It comes across as a quite condescending to call to chuck it because it's a 'diddy cup'. For a lot of lower league teams it can be a great tournament and their only real chance of winning any sort of trophy. I don't think Dumbarton fans, when they made the final a few years back, were calling a 'diddy cup' for example. We're not better or above the Challenge Cup.

If the SPFL want teams to start taking it seriously, they should stop it from being played almost exclusively on international weekends and remove Colt teams. Personally, I couldn’t care less about the competition and am happy for us to field reserve/heavily rotated squads when we play in it. No point risking injuries/suspension to key players, when we’ve openly talked about the fact we often make a financial loss from playing in the competition. I couldn’t even tell you who has won it in the last few years and I didn’t go to the final when we got there about 15 years ago. It’s a complete irrelevance. We play in 3 more important competitions every season (league, Scottish cup and league cup).

Let’s be honest, a ‘glamour’ tie in this competition is playing against teams in the same division as us*, who we will already play (at least) 4 times in a season. The games aren’t entertaining and are played like friendlies. I don’t think it’s condescending to call a competition that they make smaller clubs play during international breaks a diddy cup. Adding in colt teams just makes it look even more ‘diddy’ - particularly since the better young players can’t play because they’re on international duty. Even championship clubs tend to have 2/3 loan players or foreign players on international duty, so unable to play.

I’m not saying we’re better than, or above, the challenge cup. That would involve claiming we aren’t a diddy club, which we are. It’s just a meaningless competition, which the SPFL seem determined to make progressively worse every time they change it.

*whilst we’re in the championship

The final in 2007 against St Johnstone was during our demise under Stephen Kenny. I was there and I reckon there were about 1500 if that. This was the same calendar year we narrowly lost to Celtic in the Scottish Cup final then saw us pumped out of Europe by Hacken.
At the time, it was considered a diddy Cup by many (including me) of our support.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

🤣

oh you were serious?

I could have went along to the Challenge Cup final in 2007 but couldn’t be arsed.

Becuase it’s a diddy competition for wee teams like Raith Rovers.

Aye, I went,  but it was a small pars support, especially relative to our crowds at the time.  There were nearly 5000 at the league game at east end, so taking 1500 to a cup final kinda shows up the diddyness.  

only 1700 for the semi-final at east end, would likely be similar now. It’s about what our mid-week home crowds bottom out at.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

No but you did sign a rapist. Off you pop...........

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Aye you've also seen your team sign a rapist, jog on.

And there we are back to the easy cheap shots, I wonder if you'll be able to keep this up as long as we can regarding the Pars fraudulent financial affairs?

TBH I only came on here initially to see if Rob, Grant and da_no_01 post nearly as often on here as they do on the Rovers thread

I can well understand Pars fans enjoying Rovers situation, hey if the shoe was on the other foot I'd have put a few digs in too, maybe not as much as some but certainly one or two. Morally those in charge at RRFC have shown themselves to be somewhat deficient and it's been a tough time for us supporters, which is why I'd like to thank everyone at EEP for their continued efforts in recent weeks, if it wasn't for the ongoing train wreck of a season at EEP there really would be much to smile about this season.

The real problem for you guys stems from the mistake made when they ripped up the astro at EEP they should have sewn tatties instead of grass seed. At least it would have been an ideal opportunity for anyone born after the sixties to see the Pars lift something at the end of a season.

And there we are back to the easy cheap shots, I wonder if you'll be able to keep this up as long as we can regarding the Pars fraudulent financial affairs?
TBH I only came on here initially to see if Rob, Grant and da_no_01 post nearly as often on here as they do on the Rovers thread
I can well understand Pars fans enjoying Rovers situation, hey if the shoe was on the other foot I'd have put a few digs in too, maybe not as much as some but certainly one or two. Morally those in charge at RRFC have shown themselves to be somewhat deficient and it's been a tough time for us supporters, which is why I'd like to thank everyone at EEP for their continued efforts in recent weeks, if it wasn't for the ongoing train wreck of a season at EEP there really would be much to smile about this season.
The real problem for you guys stems from the mistake made when they ripped up the astro at EEP they should have sewn tatties instead of grass seed. At least it would have been an ideal opportunity for anyone born after the sixties to see the Pars lift something at the end of a season.

When was the last time you saw Rovers lift a league title and not have it awarded through an email?

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can someone contact @Scottydog’s carer? He’s wandered off again and seems to be off the medication.

Classic humour, are you up all night writing this stuff?  

You're good son, but you're no Barry Cryer, dinnae gie up the day job.

If that's the best you've got I wont bother you's further.

Edited by Scottydog

30 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Not a cheap shot, no way. We can always discuss when we won the Championship in 2010-2011, if you remember that was the season your arses fell out? Martin Hardie? Joyous.

32 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Top notch comedy. You'll be calling us "barcodes" or "Dungfermline" next. 

31 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

That's nearly as hopeless as your profile picture.

However neither are as depressing as the meek way you have given up removing the people who destroyed the community aspect of your club. Each to their own of course.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

That's nearly as hopeless as your profile picture.

However neither are as depressing as the meek way you have given up removing the people who destroyed the community aspect of your club. Each to their own of course.

The "Rovers family way" to forgiveness & redemption is a few wins & promotion apparently.

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The "Rovers family way" to forgiveness & redemption is a few wins & promotion apparently.

In the last month it's absolved a rapist but also been the reason why a sex offender would never sign for the Kirckaldy club. Very odd.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

If anyone is interested the accounts for the previous year are on Companies House. A profit posted for the 6th time in the last 7 years, fairly remarkable.

That quite an incredible achievement. Excellent performance away from the footballing matters.