Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Now the toon is deed every weekend and hardly anybody under 40 gives a shit. I know we have the wee band of young team that do a great job but that's a small percentage of was the cage used to be.

There's a bit of presumption here, but that's surely because you simply know less people under 40? I could put the same post and talk about 2011 but that coincides with when I was that age, I don't know many younger lads who go to Pars games now, but then I don't regularly speak to many people below the age of 21. I can tell by looking at the North West that there's plenty of interest at that age group though. 

People are looking too deeply at our attendances at a time when we're coming out from covid, and we're fucking rancid. It's no wonder attendaces are down. 

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought that Stolarczyk looked decent yesterday.

Could have worked out the wind a bit better but didn't have a whole lot to do. 

Wasn't in any rush. Don't know if that's good, bad or was tactical. You could say calm and collected or you could say hurry up we can win this. 

All in all fine. Not the best game to judge a keeper. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Plenty Pars supporters out there, just depends on how many can be arsed going to games. Inverness away and OoS away, where we seen victories, the fans were excellent both games. The young guys from the NW took their own 50 seater last week to QoS well done them. When we get back playing successfully again the crowds will come back, no doubt about that. There's plenty to be positive about although reading some of the comments on here you wouldn't haver thought so.

13 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

20220205_210113.jpg

Was speaking to Jim at yesterday’s game , he has a cracking story about that hat , he was with son in law in Manchester where his son in law was involved in some work with Noal Gallagher Jim cheekily asked Noal  for his hat and he surprisingly gave it too him 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Was speaking to Jim at yesterday’s game , he has a cracking story about that hat , he was with son in law in Manchester where his son in law was involved in some work with Noal Gallagher Jim cheekily asked Noal  for his hat and he surprisingly gave it too him 

I bought a hat of that exact design off an Aberdeen fitbaw casual on my way to a Stone Roses gig in Manchester some years ago. I might start wearing it to the games, big Jim has made them cool *snigger*

17 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Big Jim might be having you on...

Screenshot_20220206-123106_Instagram.jpg

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
16 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

😁😁 Mind you he is good with his stories , certainly had us believing him 

You mean he's a blether.

Did he ever mention how he scored a goal against Rangers?

Does no-one else think Lewis Martin is totally wasted at centre-half? He is a brilliant left-back and, unfortunately in this instance, Edwards should make way for him and Ambrose put at centre-back. I don’t think Edwards has done much wrong, recently anyway, but Martin is ten times the player and Efe will make us a lot stronger if he plays. If he is fit, Dom needs to start as he is one of the best players in the league. We are still lacking that spark in the final third and we are persisting with a striker that can’t do his main job: put the ball in the fucking net. Get Dom, Efe, and Kamwa in and just have a go at Killie.

Agree that Dom and Ambrose should come in on Sat. DT23 is our best player and Ambrose hasn’t come to EEP to sit on the bench.

I think Martin is probably better at LB than Edwards but “ten times the player” is clearly just daft.

Think the full backs have actually done quite well this season, considering they’ve had so many different CB combinations alongside them.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Martin, even with his time out, would easily take the left back squad off of Edwards on Edwards form up to about a few months ago,  but we're beginning to see the growth in his development and its not such an easy choice anymore.

Where martin fits will always be debated due to his versatility,  its not really martin vs edwards or martin vs ambrose but ambrose vs edwards that probably is the debate.  Without seeing ambrose play at this level its hard to have that debate.

Ambrose, martin and edwards could still all play in the same team,  likely with pybus dropping out.

On thomas, he starts the moment he's fit enough to do so,  I don't think that's in doubt,  including from Hughes perspective. hopefully that's soon