Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He hasn't been signed to be a bench warmer tbh. There seems to be a lot of hype around this guy, and Yogi said it's a deal he is thrilled to have got, so he will surely be starting ASAP. OFW is decent enough back-up/coach option, and Mehmet should be fired in to orbit. Mehmet is meant to be one of the highest earners at the club as well. 

Don’t think it’s been mentioned here - Iain Wilson signed for Morton. Not sure I like the fact we released a decent player, for him to sign for relegation rivals. I’d have much preferred we got him to stay here and battle for fitness/a place in the team than potentially help relegate us.

Don’t think it’s been mentioned here - Iain Wilson signed for Morton. Not sure I like the fact we released a decent player, for him to sign for relegation rivals. I’d have much preferred we got him to stay here and battle for fitness/a place in the team than potentially help relegate us.
I liked him as a player and share you're concerns but I'd be amazed if he played more than 5 games for them between now and end of the season.

Iain Wilson didn’t start one game for us this season and wasn’t going to be involved any time soon. Better for us and him to move on.

Really enjoyed Queens away on Saturday. The whole team played really well and the young team were terrific in the stands.

We’re far from safe but I’m certainly more confident than I was after the 5-0 thumping at Morton. Ayr on Saturday is a big one, especially with Killie (A) Thistle (H) Killie (H) and Arbroath (A) to follow.

Pretty sweet window for us.

Shipped out a lot of the garbage, brought in a couple of solid signings in Donaldson, Chalmers and Lawless and started to finally click into gear on the park.

Compared to our relegation rivals we've definitely had the best of it.

Not overly pleased that Wilson went to Morton. How far off fitness he is we don't know, he might just not have been for Yogi. Anyway, Morton seem slightly upwardly mobile. Queens and Ayr don't. 

Right lads, back to the HMP Starks thread...

If Pybus gets injured, I'm struggling to see who can give us that physicality in the middle of the park

All the other guys are more slow passing type players that don't really put themselves about. I thought Wilson could be the back up plan but now he's gone. I think we still might see a loan player coming in to give us a bit more physicality and Todd/Allan heading out on loan.

Also looking at the back up for Donaldson and Martin.  Leon Jones and Breen. That's quite a step down in quality. That's another area I thought we would maybe strengthen. Could maybe see a loan deal for a centre half before end of February.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Shipped out a lot of the garbage, brought in a couple of solid signings in Donaldson, Chalmers and Lawless and started to finally click into gear on the park.

Combined with the return of key players in Dom Thomas, Graham Dorrans, and Lewis Martin. We're definitely in a much better place before the start of the window anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

If Pybus gets injured, I'm struggling to see who can give us that physicality in the middle of the park

All the other guys are more slow passing type players that don't really put themselves about. I thought Wilson could be the back up plan but now he's gone. I think we still might see a loan player coming in to give us a bit more physicality and Todd/Allan heading out on loan.

Also looking at the back up for Donaldson and Martin.  Leon Jones and Breen. That's quite a step down in quality. That's another area I thought we would maybe strengthen. Could maybe see a loan deal for a centre half before end of February.

Not sure where this narrative about Pybus being more physical than the others and putting himself about more than the others has come from. I don't really agree there. Pybus is all about the short, slow pass. Whilst he played well on Saturday, he still isn't good enough overall. Allan seems to have a bit of 'physicality' about him, but is it actually needed? It certainly wasn't on Saturday.

I think it remains to be seen if Jones is actually decent or not, given he's played about a game and a half, although that suggests he isn't, so you could well be right about Hughes thinking of cover there, but you'd imagine the club would want Jones or Breen (probably Jones) sent off on loan or mutually punted first. 

At the very least, we’ve got a new backup goalie, who can’t be worse than Mehmet. But I’d imagine the new boy’s starting every week and OFW can focus on coaching.

Defensively, we lack cover at full back (particularly with Martin being a starting CB). But I’d say Donaldson and Martin as a pairing at CB give me more confidence than a pairing of Connolly and Breen did. So we’ve improved there in my opinion.

Chalmers signing allows Dorrans to be more attack-minded and Dorrans excelled in that role on Saturday. So midfield looks stronger than it was before the window opened.

Lawless seems like he will be a real asset out wide. Dom Thomas is nearing a return too. So out wide we are much stronger than we were a month ago.

Up front, we’re not really weaker or stronger as it’s still McCann on his own, but I think the wingers playing further forward and Dorrans’ new role allow McCann to play to his strengths and not be relied on to score all of our goals.

In terms of starting 11, I do believe we’re stronger than we were. Not convinced about having cover. But given Breen was starting games and we’ve brought in Kamwa on loan from Leeds, you could argue we have a bit more depth. Dow will most likely be a sub as well when Thomas is fully fit. We have 2 domestic loan slots available too, which will most likely be used if we pick up injuries this month in key areas, or if a player too good to turn down becomes available.

Is it good or bad that The Wee Team can no longer defeat us in a "whatabout" debate? 
I am so fuckin glad it wasn't us. 
Haha I know your post is in jest but much like it wasn't our (the fans) fault we had our financial woes, it isn't their fault they've signed a rapist.

Unless they go full Clyde and start hero worshipping him. Then all bets are off as far as I'm concerned.

Is it good or bad that The Wee Team can no longer defeat us in a "whatabout" debate? 
I am so fuckin glad it wasn't us. 

I know Raith fans said pretty much the same thing, even under 24 hours ago, but I’d like to think our club wouldn’t be so fucking stupid. McArthur for a start seems to be morally sound and, despite his questionable football decisions recently, wouldn’t go near him.

New keeper knows how to press my buttons 😍

“I had heard about Dunfermline before, because of their history back in the day, but also I wanted to find out where I was going. I didn’t want to come to the place and not know anything about it. So, I’ve been finding out more, about European competitions, winning the Scottish Cup twice.

“It’s something that gives me a buzz, to come into such a historic club. For me, it feels so much better coming to the club and knowing something about it. If people are going to ask me questions I can answer them and I know where I am. That was what was behind my research.

“That was very exciting. I could have driven here over the weekend already to show up and be here - that’s how excited I was. I was already packing on Friday.”

New keeper knows how to press my buttons [emoji7]
“I had heard about Dunfermline before, because of their history back in the day, but also I wanted to find out where I was going. I didn’t want to come to the place and not know anything about it. So, I’ve been finding out more, about European competitions, winning the Scottish Cup twice.

“It’s something that gives me a buzz, to come into such a historic club. For me, it feels so much better coming to the club and knowing something about it. If people are going to ask me questions I can answer them and I know where I am. That was what was behind my research.

“That was very exciting. I could have driven here over the weekend already to show up and be here - that’s how excited I was. I was already packing on Friday.”

Wonder what's wrong with him? [emoji23]

18 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

New keeper knows how to press my buttons 😍

Like what I'm reading, but he's committed the rookie mistake of not saying "massive club".