Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Looks like a good signing. Can’t say I know much about him, but Ayr’s statement was nice to read and it sounds like it’s someone we’ve made a real effort to sign. It’s someone that the manager really wanted. Think he’s 6ft+ so hopefully adds a new dynamic to our midfield. Look forward to seeing how he gets on.

Is he left-footed and decent from set pieces? I’m sure he scored a free kick against us for Inverness in the 2-2 game at the end of of 2017/18.

Is he left-footed and decent from set pieces? I’m sure he scored a free kick against us for Inverness in the 2-2 game at the end of of 2017/18.

Left footed. Supposed to be decent from free kicks although we never saw that. Shite at corners as well.

Sounds like an absolute shitey signing going by Ayr fans, but sure there must be something there,  as he's previously played at a higher level most of his career.

In the past we have signed players that most thought looked good signings and they have ended up flops. Maybe we are going down the ICT route of polishing turds now. I hope so anyway.

Edited by Chubbychops

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Sounds like an absolute shitey signing going by Ayr fans, but sure there must be something there,  as he's previously played at a higher level most of his career.

In the past we have signed players that most thought looked good signings and they have ended up flops. Maybe we are going down the ICT route of polishing turds now. I hope so anyway.

There was always a suggestion he arrived at Ayr with some kind of injury problem, which might be why he ended up at Ayr in the first place (if you look round the table and can’t tell who the sucker is….).  

Far too slow for the Championship.  Had the very odd decent game when we tried park the bus tactics and he just sat in front of the back 4, but as soon as we came up against a team that could move the ball around reasonably quick, he was lost.  Maybe he’ll come back to haunt us, but I really struggle to see how he’ll suddenly find the yard of pace that was missing throughout his 18 months at Ayr.  

“we are a bit short of lefties on that left hand side. “

That’s a very typical Yogi quote it seems. Before he came here, I had no idea he was so obsessed with left footed players.

“he has a habit of passing it to his own teammates.”

That’s another bizarre quote from Yogi. I mean, should that not be a given for literally any footballer - particularly a midfielder?

Hopefully the guy does well for us and ends up being that missing piece in midfield.

There is very very few players of quality in this league, especially in the bottom half of it. 

Players doing side ways steps aren't going to make a difference but im sure he will slot in and fill a gap. Its depth not improvement.