Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I said a couple days ago that this had Lewis Vaughan vibes and you disagreed. We sent our most talented striker out on loan when we were struggling at (near) the bottom of the league. Granted, Wighton's not gone to a trapdoor rival but surely to christ he'd be better scoring goals for you (yes I know he doesnt currently get a game) than for some other mob. We were horrendously mismanaged at the time and you are now / have been all season. Both scenarios complete madness. Pretty strong vibes I'd say.

You’re still ignoring the major difference that I pointed out at the time - he isn’t going to a relegation rival. Any goal that he scores will either help us (by scoring against another team near the bottom), or have no impact on us. With Lewis Vaughan, every goal he scored directly helped a relegation rival. Surely that’s east to understand?

I still acknowledged it would be horrendous business from us, but it’s not Lewis Vaughan level of horrendous decision making. There are an alarming number of similarities with 2016/17 Raith Rovers though and I’m kind of resigned to relegation now. Didn’t even try and get a ticket for today. The manager/board/players aren’t doing anything to try and avoid relegation/turn the club around, so I’m not wasting my time on it.

Wighton should be playing for us - he actually scored in the abandoned Killie game, which is more than any other player has contributed since. He should certainly be ahead of McCann in the pecking order. But Yogi is playing anyone who came through our youth system and/or Fife Elite ahead of better players, regardless of performance levels/ability.

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It also isn't as bad, points wise anyway. 

Dom Thomas coming back will help, hopefully. Get him on one wing, Lawless on the other and things don't look as bad. 

Not confident Hughes would do that unfortunately. Would/should help if he did. He should have Dow and Lawless on the wings today but won't.

Regardless of who is available, he’ll continue to play these shite tactics with his favourite “young loddies”

He’s a tube. He has time but he is just going to continue to waste it, let’s not kid ourselves here. We are going down without a fight.

Regardless of who is available, he’ll continue to play these shite tactics with his favourite “young loddies”

He’s a tube. He has time but he is just going to continue to waste it, let’s not kid ourselves here. We are going down without a fight.

100% agree with this. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a manager stick with the same players, regardless of results/performance. Not in the modern game anyway, with large squads. Failing to score in 5/7 games, but sticking with the same striker and freezing out strikers who have played well at this level before. Playing a midfield system that just doesn’t ever look like it could even possibly work and a style of play that means our goal is constantly under threat when our defenders/midfielders have the ball in our half, passing it around aimlessly.

Play a system that suits the players, don’t try and ask poor players to play a system/style that doesn’t work for them at all. Use tactics that give the team a chance of getting a result, rather than tactics that you’ve seen Man City play the week before. This is the Scottish championship, games are a battle and you need to fight for points. We have no players up for a battle and are outfought every week. But if we stick with it, teams might take pity on us - is that the idea?

John Hughes already blaming the players is just top notch.

On the radio right now saying, 'I can make us hard to beat, I can make sure they're prepared, but the actual results are down to the players. It's out of my hands.'

Matt Todd just doesn't have what it takes. He did ok but that's being kind. When he gets the ball, any momentum just evaporates. 
Same with Pybus, absolutely zero eye for a pass whatsoever.

Good result and much better performance. Lawless was brilliant apart from some dead ball deliveries. Mccann really good first half. Best I've seen Comrie this season. Donaldson looked competent as well.

As for the goal, see what happens when you actually put a meaningful ball into the box.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Big Chipper in the main stand the day and was in the tunnel at full time. Might be something in him becoming assistant.

Unless he coaches the defence about Tannadice 96, I'm unsure what he would bring.

Very important win, particularly given other results. Need to get a run of performances. We were much more direct today, which was long overdue and seemed effective. Lawless looks like he will be a very good player.

Should have scored more, but also rode our luck. Guys like Comrie, Edwards, Allan and Dow need to build on those improved performances. McCann was good in build up play and got into good areas, but finishing was poor.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Very important win, particularly given other results. Need to get a run of performances. We were much more direct today, which was long overdue and seemed effective. Lawless looks like he will be a very good player.

Should have scored more, but also rode our luck. Guys like Comrie, Edwards, Allan and Dow need to build on those improved performances. McCann was good in build up play and got into good areas, but finishing was poor.

Good summation. Sums it up very well.

Aye it was pleasing to see von Williams launching it long a few times instead of the roll out to a centre back type deal every single time... as well as not seeing our two centre backs knock it between themselves pointlessly for half the match. 

Watched the highlights and wanted to reiterate what a good game Lawless had. The wee spin on the ball to nick it off one man before nutmegging the next challenger. Sublime. 

Will hopefully keep that up. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye it was pleasing to see von Williams launching it long a few times instead of the roll out to a centre back type deal every single time... as well as not seeing our two centre backs knock it between themselves pointlessly for half the match. 

Aye pleasing.  We played out when it was on,  but only when it was absolutely the right thing. When it wasn’t we delayed,  made sure McCann had bodies round about him and then played up to him.  It wasn’t a case of hopeful aimless punts.