Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

He spunked our biggest ever budget on utter shite after all this success with someone else's squad.  He then asked for more money and our chairman, correctly, told him to f**k off.

This is exactly what happened at Falkirk but ours gave him money, he bought Stevie Lovell then fucked off!!

7 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail. 

"Scary" 🤭

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Lions don't lose sleep over sheep x

Do lions also write quotes on football forums that their overly dramatic aunty would share on Facebook?

7 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

It's quite scary how utterly desperate Raith fans are to see Hughes fail. Similar to our administration/relegation period they really do harbour the biggest, most bitter grudges. Put that in with rancid xenophobia & they really are an unpleasant lot.

On 10/01/2022 at 19:18, Scottydog said:

All rivalry aside, the Pars BOD should punt Yogi right now, before Saturday preferably but do it before it's too late.

I'll re-post what said much earlier. Hughes is poison! It's not a matter of Raith fans being desperate to see him fail, as far as I'm concerned he already has! The Pars board should just punt him now before it's too late, then in the interim let the senior players pick the team, let junior players pick the team, let the kit man pick the team or if necessary let the programme sellers pick the team but get him away from the players who by the looks of it no longer want to respond to him.

I watched an increasingly poor Gary F Locke Rovers team prove on a weekly basis that although it was significantly poorer than the sum of its constituent parts it had some heart and (usually) still tried, John Hughes replaced Locke and within a few games had bullied those same players to a point where he'd completely lost the dressing room to such an extent that the heart was knocked out of them en-mass and he was hated (FFS several players wanted to fight him!). To the experienced eye this looks like a classic case of history repeating it's self, but 15 mls west olong the A92. 

Watching the Pars struggle is always a good laugh if your a Rovers fan, but watching them get relegated wouldn't be funny IMO.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s the element of Yogi finding it more amusing than it is that’s made it less funny for me if I’m being honest.

Aye I feel ya there. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Indeed, and Hughes has a very good relationship with the media team, so I have absolutely no idea who you could be meaning. 

Threatened to give the groundsman 2 black yaks tbf

Hadn't considered this. 

10 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Watching the Pars struggle is always a good laugh if your a Rovers fan, but watching them get relegated wouldn't be funny IMO.

If it makes you feel better I did laugh, lots when Brechin relegated you. If we get sent doon you have my express permission to be all over this thread like a rash. 

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

John Hughes replaced Locke and within a few games had bullied those same players to a point where he'd completely lost the dressing room to such an extent that the heart was knocked out of them en-mass and he was hated (FFS several players wanted to fight him!). To the experienced eye this looks like a classic case of history repeating it's self,

I don't think that's the the problem this time.

I just think his idea of how to get out of relegation battle is wrong. Playing young lads who are nowhere near good enough. One up top with no support and slow passing out of defence that is so easy to play against.  Going on about the central defence pairing having to have one right and one left footer. This is what's worrying me. His transfer window has been a bit of a disaster so far too.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

I don't think that's the the problem this time.

I just think his idea of how to get out of relegation battle is wrong. Playing young lads who are nowhere near good enough. One up top with no support and slow passing out of defence that is so easy to play against.  Going on about the central defence pairing having to have one right and one left footer. This is what's worrying me. His transfer window has been a bit of a disaster so far too.

History already shows that you are spot on about him not having the right idea about how to get out of a relegation battle (I actually think he's totally clueless in general) and surely that's even more reason to punt him before it's too late. If he stays until the transfer window shuts then you punt him then the new man has his hands tied and will have to make do with what he's got.

If this was happening at Rovers I'd been down at Starks Park haranguing the board on a daily basis. I remember when we were going down telling a Rovers director in the pub the day after we got pumped 5-0 in the penultimate game at Love St that he'd clearly lost the dressing room and he should be sacked and the reigns handed to the youth coach Craig Easton, his reply was that the BOD felt they would look incompetent to have sacked 2 managers within 3 months, as opposed to????

Have you considered that kids are easier to bully? Experienced pro's are far more likely to see right through him and tell him to do one.

Regarding the younger players, my guess is that Hughes claimed to be a guy who gives youth a chance (there has been talk from the board for a while now about some youth strategy) when interviewed, and is playing them in a (very transparent) demonstrative way, as if to say "See! See! I do give young guys a chance".

A good philosophy in practice, but when the players aren't good enough it's pointless, harmful grandstanding.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Regarding the younger players, my guess is that Hughes claimed to be a guy who gives youth a chance (there has been talk from the board for a while now about some youth strategy) when interviewed, and is playing them in a (very transparent) demonstrative way, as if to say "See! See! I do give young guys a chance".

A good philosophy in practice, but when the players aren't good enough it's pointless, harmful grandstanding.

That's what I suspect has happened too.

The board love the fluffy pink cloud ideas of developing youth, but in reality, they don't have the nous or scouting network to produce success from doing this.

19 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Probably pish but one of tbe other forums has Brian Rice coming in as assistant.

Brian Rice was on open goal the other week and spoke about going to watch Dunfermline train on a near daily basis. 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What happened to a good old fashioned management team?  

Obviously Bert and Dick were the best, Jimmy C and Jimmy Nic were pretty good of course. McIntyre had a terrific assistant in Gerry McCabe.

For ages it feels like we've had a manager and a small coaching team underneath with no annointed assistant? Or am I wrong there? 

Last assistant manager was Jason Dair, so not had a nominated assistant since May 2021