Walking Down The Halbeath Road

41 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He bullied Joel Coulstrain out of Raith Rovers, and I have already heard a couple of stories about how he has been treating volunteers at the Pars.

If by volunteers I'm assuming you mean Ross Graham and Kai Kennedy who have both been sent back to their own clubs. 

Baseless rumours like yours, either back it up or f**k right off with the harmful bullshit.

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

For starters what volunteers are in contact with Hughes? Due to Covid bubbles the only people that Hughes deals with is the players, coaches and media team. None of which are volunteers? 

If the people aren't volunteers then they're low paid staff, and not players or coaches.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Baseless rumours like yours, either back it up or f**k right off with the harmful bullshit.

The rumours aren't baseless but I'm obviously not going to reveal my sources on this. You can choose not to believe me if you want.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

If the people aren't volunteers then they're low paid staff, and not players or coaches.

The rumours aren't baseless but I'm obviously not going to reveal my sources on this. You can choose not to believe me if you want.

Until something comes out, I find it hard to believe he's gone in and started acting like a c**t to any of the staff. 

Just now, craigkillie said:

Indeed, and Hughes has a very good relationship with the media team, so I have absolutely no idea who you could be meaning. 

McCann sometimes wins headers to no one. Horrendous, moronic football.
Also, McCann still has to prove himself as being good enough.

Unfortunately, I don’t think McCann does have to prove himself anymore. Not to Hughes anyway.

I’d like to think there is an area between high brow humour and drawing boabies everywhere.

Got a good giggle on the train at that. I’m obviously not the high brow type.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d like to think there is an area between high brow humour and drawing boabies everywhere.

My main point was, Stevo is a dimwit. As is Hughes.

There probably is. Reveleaing an unexpected boaby (Not like Lithgow) in the middle of a boring meeting would raise a chuckle. 

That could make me a dimwit tbf. 

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Good to see you sitting on the fence.

DA Baracus in being hyperbolic shock.

I was actually alright with him being appointed after what he done with Ross County. I thought he must have learned from his mistakes at Raith. There is plenty of time for him to get it right, but the signs really aren't promising tbh. 

What happened to a good old fashioned management team?  

Obviously Bert and Dick were the best, Jimmy C and Jimmy Nic were pretty good of course. McIntyre had a terrific assistant in Gerry McCabe.

For ages it feels like we've had a manager and a small coaching team underneath with no annointed assistant? Or am I wrong there? 

There probably is. Reveleaing an unexpected boaby (Not like Lithgow) in the middle of a boring meeting would raise a chuckle. 

That could make me a dimwit tbf. 

I’ve thought about this a bit more and a random boaby being found drawn somewhere would raise a wry smile from myself. However I’ve got animage in my head of Hughes doing it whilst doing his stupid laugh thinking it was peak comedy.

It’s the element of Yogi finding it more amusing than it is that’s made it less funny for me if I’m being honest.

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

DA Baracus in being hyperbolic shock.

I was actually alright with him being appointed after what he done with Ross County. I thought he must have learned from his mistakes at Raith. There is plenty of time for him to get it right, but the signs really aren't promising tbh. 

Of course there's time, 15 games worth of time.

However, given we've only got 8 points since PG left and 2 points from the last 5 AND got absolutely destroyed by one of the other shitey teams in the league most recently, I'd agree it's looking really grim. 

I'm already resigned to being automatically relegated in May. Anything above 10th is a bonus as far as I can see, although that may prolong the agony by a week at most.

He spunked our biggest ever budget on utter shite after all this success with someone else's squad.  He then asked for more money and our chairman, correctly, told him to fuck off.

If he doesn't ditch this stupid "system" and not playing the best players at the club, we're as good as down. Nothing to do with fight or heart. Relying on McCann up front on his own and asking Todd and Allan to play above themselves in midfield, whilst our central defence somehow falls apart in recent weeks is entirely on Hughes.
I can't believe the number of fans not getting the fact we have no one else to play midfield. Dorrans has been poor most games and injured recently which isn't a shock to most of us. Wilson was also injured (again). Cole is the only other option I think.

The defence is still light and really bad and so for this reason he has had to put numbers in the middle to try shore us up. Granted its not worked but that's down to how shite the team and players are that play.

I agree now though that at the rate we are shipping goals, we might as well go all out and put 3 up front and try score more than the opposition until we hopefully get better players in.